Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

4 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Art of War Studios, or someone else?

Someone else.  As far as I know he doesn't have a web site set up or anything, just known on the Legion FB pages.

Art of War Studio's look like their order tokens are acrylic (they have some very nice tokens.....).

These are:

The poker chips are 14g ABS composite material and all are high high Definition and Quality print at a minimum of 300dpi which is a full colour CMYK Ink print process. It's a vinyl substrate which is then laminated for durability making it very wear resistant. Both the vinyl and laminate are precision diamond cut for smooth finish and when fitted into the chip recess, each decal is aligned and sits flush. They are completely waterproof so can be cleaned if required.

They have a nice heft to them.

• Like 4
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Someone else.  As far as I know he doesn't have a web site set up or anything, just known on the Legion FB pages.

Art of War Studio's look like their order tokens are acrylic (they have some very nice tokens.....).

These are:

They have a nice heft to them.

Ooooh, nice.  If they ever get into Infinity N4 tokens....  That's tempting to say the least.

• Like 2

Gotta love when a online code will apply to a new released item.

Unv of Oregon Ducks football team wore special uniforms last Saturdya honoring Polynesian heritage as they recruit allot of players from Hawaii, American Samoa, etc etc. The uniforms were pretty neat looking as they incorporated allot of Hawaiian design into then. They dubbed the unis & the merch associated with em the "Ohana Collection". Anyways I was going to get a new hat with the Ohana design on the O logo but I kept holding off on the order. The collection has been popular thou, as it's mostly sold out everywhere. Luckily, the hat was still there today. Duck Store newsletter, I got a BF code for 40% off one item!!

I also ended up ordering a new Duck logo facemask, as my current ones are kinda get a bit  worn out.

Ohana "O" logo

• Like 6

I'd forgotten about my "free" hardcopy of the Pathfinder second edition core book. It showed up yesterday and I started glancing through it today. I'm only 60 pages in (yeah, I have the pdf though it is mostly unread) but I do have a few initial thoughts.

• Well packaged.  If you're going to ship a book, ship it like paizo.
  • Book itself looks well made, with a fairly standard layout.  I can't really speak to its longevity yet, but I imagine it will last a long time just sitting on my shelf.
  • Why subtract XP?  One of the things Gygax nailed was the way your average person likes to see ever increasing amounts of XP to chart their progress.  Some modern video games take it to crazy heights with millions of XP per level, but there's a reason it is so pervasive.  Functionally it doesn't really matter as you still level at the same rate, but resetting XP to 0 at every level seems like an easy miss.
  • All ability scores are +/- 2 during character creation.  Maybe they hate odd numbers? I realize that a lot of min/maxers tried to avoid odd numbers so they could get that +1 on their sheet, but PF2 really just has a 9 point scale at first level unless you chose to roll the dice.  By default anything that provides a +1 ability score boost would be pretty useless until later in the game, but perhaps I'll find that those don't exist anyway.
  • Ancestry feat progression can be a bit limited.  For example, both of the 5th level Dwarf ancestry feats have a prereq, so if you didn't pick one of those at character creation you're stuck picking another 1st level feat at 5th level.  I would guess this is solved by buying more books.  Some of these create a small fluff problem though, as the way some feats are written they really sound like something you'd know to start rather than picking up later.

All of those are presentation issues, not math issues, so I've yet to run into anything that would scare me off from playing.  Of course, I'm only 10% of the way through the book. :lol:

As an aside, one DnD 4E thing that I'd always hoped would catch on, but apparently did not, was the way in which they credited the artist.  For those that didn't play 4E, in the margin of every page with an illustration was the artist name.  I thought it was nicer than just a text block on the first page of "Interior illustrations by..." Paizo just does the text block though.

• Like 8
5 hours ago, Rahz said:

I followed your most excellent lead...  Been eyeing this guy for a while. 

50% off did the trick for me.

I like how the Wolf Spirits can be printed separate, they can make a whole spirit unit on their own.

• Like 5