Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went in to grab my comics order today at my local nerd place and picked up the Bones 4 Flesh Golem - they've been slowly selling off individual minis from the Bones 4 Kickstarter and that was the one that popped out when I stuck my hand in the bin. p: Looking forward to maybe having a go at painting it tonight.

• Like 6

On 12/10/2020 at 9:10 AM, Rob Dean said:

It’s vintage/retro day...I got a package of 4 vintage Schneider molds from the Bay of Ease.

DAA09D01-F507-439F-BFCC-AB1EAB2BC784.thumb.jpeg.f450cb13559fe779cb22e41f7edab829.jpeg

Looks like a naval landing party, some fez-wearing colonial (or Turkish) troops, some ~1870 French, and a knight.  (He’s the “other” knight; the one I don’t already have a mold for.)

When the weather clears again, it will be time to start casting next year’s esoteric project; the Franco-Prussian War (or late 19th century imagi-nations) project in ~45mm vintage semi-flat. (The knight is not part of this...)

When we moved I had a shock for the young guys helping us load the truck...2 5 gallon buckets full of wheel weights I use for casting. They were a bit stunned by how heavy that those buckets weighed!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

A bunch of orders just arrived yesterday and I'm excited to stick them on a shelf for ages paint them.  Got a couple boxes of Wrath of Kings minis for future use in my nautical D&D campaign.  Specifically the Pit Fighters, and Shellcrackers.  These guys are just super cool models and I'm not sure what purpose they'll have, I know I'll find some way to fit them in.

Spoiler

Wrath of Kings: House Hadross - Pit Fighters | Table Top Miniatures |  Miniature Market

Wrath of Kings: House Hadross - Shell Crackers | Table Top Miniatures |  Miniature Market

Also got my first half of a random ebay order - all Bones.  Go the Basilisk and the Tiik Warrior for future D&D use.  I now have all 3 of the Bones Tiik so they are bound for the painting table in the near future.  I also got a Great Worm and a second set of the Bones 4 Ghouls for RoSD use.  Just waiting for a couple of Nolzur's ghouls to come in before painting them up.

Spoiler

Reaper Bones: Basilisk (77371) – Gnomish Bazaar

Reaper Miniatures Bones Tiik Warrior (77186) – Common Ground Games

Reaper Miniatures :: bones worm latest/77006

Reaper Miniatures :: ghoul latest

And finally, a surprise!  I had an extra box I didn't remember ordering and discovered that my friends had sent me a lovely early Christmas gift.  I got these lovely frogmen.  The Hordes - Croak Raiders, are just super fun minis that perfectly fit my vision for what Bullywug should look like.  I haven't had much experience with metal minis before, but I'm excited to work on these and they jumped hopped straight to the top of my paint pile.  Their arrival may have talked me in to buying their chief as well.  I tend to paint matching units simultaneously.

Spoiler

Amazon.com: Hordes Minions Croak Raiders Unit of 10: Toys & Games

And the Chief that I am now tempted to buy:

Underchief Mire - Privateer Press

Christmas definitely came early for me.  I am quite pleased.

• Like 10

22 hours ago, MoonglowMinis said:

A bunch of orders just arrived yesterday and I'm excited to stick them on a shelf for ages paint them.  Got a couple boxes of Wrath of Kings minis for future use in my nautical D&D campaign.  Specifically the Pit Fighters, and Shellcrackers.  These guys are just super cool models and I'm not sure what purpose they'll have, I know I'll find some way to fit them in.

Hide contents

Wrath of Kings: House Hadross - Pit Fighters | Table Top Miniatures |  Miniature Market

Wrath of Kings: House Hadross - Shell Crackers | Table Top Miniatures |  Miniature Market

Also got my first half of a random ebay order - all Bones.  Go the Basilisk and the Tiik Warrior for future D&D use.  I now have all 3 of the Bones Tiik so they are bound for the painting table in the near future.  I also got a Great Worm and a second set of the Bones 4 Ghouls for RoSD use.  Just waiting for a couple of Nolzur's ghouls to come in before painting them up.

Hide contents

Reaper Bones: Basilisk (77371) – Gnomish Bazaar

Reaper Miniatures Bones Tiik Warrior (77186) – Common Ground Games

Reaper Miniatures :: bones worm latest/77006

Reaper Miniatures :: ghoul latest

And finally, a surprise!  I had an extra box I didn't remember ordering and discovered that my friends had sent me a lovely early Christmas gift.  I got these lovely frogmen.  The Hordes - Croak Raiders, are just super fun minis that perfectly fit my vision for what Bullywug should look like.  I haven't had much experience with metal minis before, but I'm excited to work on these and they jumped hopped straight to the top of my paint pile.  Their arrival may have talked me in to buying their chief as well.  I tend to paint matching units simultaneously.

Hide contents

Amazon.com: Hordes Minions Croak Raiders Unit of 10: Toys & Games

And the Chief that I am now tempted to buy:

Underchief Mire - Privateer Press

Christmas definitely came early for me.  I am quite pleased.

There is a couple of "hero" type minis for that faction that is pretty cool too.

75077_CroakTrappers_WEB.jpg

& I've got this guy:

CroakHunter.png

He was suppose to be a bullywug vampire spawn........:lol: Alas, we went in a different direction for that campaign. 

• Like 8

This has been a week of pleasant surprises. Today I received a package from Majestic Miniatures.

I had never heard of them. The package was sent to me from an old friend, Andy Birtle aka Andy Claus.

The miniatures are resin cast Mushroom Men/Beasties:

DSCN0185.thumb.JPG.e8db8fed39eb618869ab67ef60921f99.JPG

The Lads have possibilities.

• Like 13

On 12/12/2020 at 4:28 PM, malefactus said:

This has been a week of pleasant surprises. Today I received a package from Majestic Miniatures.

I had never heard of them. The package was sent to me from an old friend, Andy Birtle aka Andy Claus.

The miniatures are resin cast Mushroom Men/Beasties:

DSCN0185.thumb.JPG.e8db8fed39eb618869ab67ef60921f99.JPG

The Lads have possibilities.

The "fun guys" :rolleyes: on the right side I think are Fat Dragon ones. Nice prints.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:17 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Another Sale, Another Purchase..

image.png.939fae26ba06648ac1823bf0ac4f940b.png

Yah I need to start making my list. I guess something to do when I get home from work in the morning. Allot of the new sellers have stuff I've wanted for awhile (esp Twin Goddess!!)

Nice figs!

• Like 5

I picked up 4 "Colored Toy Army Tanks" from Dollar Tree today, SKU: 313842 .

Two Tan and two Brown. I may go back and pick up two Blue and two Green later.

They are a little small for 32mm scale humans, but would work for 25mm scale.

I got them for 15mm scale human size beings wearing power armor.

• Like 6

the DHL driver just came by the office and gave me a large box.

It was my Christmas order from Culture Hustle.

(Red box set and a carton of Unicorn Milk on the side)

I'm thinking that I need to remove the bottle from the carton, fill it with something, glue it together very carefully and leave it in one of the fridges here at the office... 

EDIT; 

When Stuart calls it an 'art tin' he really means it. 

art_tin.thumb.jpg.de56009f43a60bdcea255238dd691b58.jpg

Plastic-wrapped 120mL bottle of Unicorn Milk for scale. 

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

The Post Office is working overtime to clear the mounds of packages, apparently, as they dropped off a box of vintage molds for me yesterday.  The prize of the lot is this:

BC4D9FFF-F431-4B2C-8F40-B6D9D016D07E.thumb.jpeg.86fee7e1f3cbdd09a2c50b05a07396ea.jpeg

It appears to be a usable copy of Buck’s Spaceship, one of the 6 Buck Rogers molds made by the Rappaport Brothers in the 1930s. (And the 5th added to my collection; one more to go...)

Our club had a bunch of Buck Rogers figures made back around ‘96 by an outift (Eccles Brothers) making casts from vintage molds, enough to put on games.  So I have a copy, shown here with the other two spaceships in the range:

38D2ADD6-1429-4D40-B9D7-F61547E12B21.thumb.jpeg.2ecf37b3ae3ffa4bbadb6433601efd89.jpeg

Currently, that 6th mold I need is the one that makes the ship on the right, but I could presumably produce the ship on the left.  

Exotic retro space battles, anyone?

• Like 11

Packages acquired on Saturday:

Nolzur's 

Wave 13 female orc barbarian

Darkling elder & darklings 

Hobgoblins (this one was late but I was able to find all of my Bones hobgoblins for last Saturday)

Pathfinder deep cuts

Unicorn (back in retail, as far as I can tell)

Also latest Stonehaven KS. I just pledged for the goblin minis that were offered.

20201214_072009.jpg

Also acquired (non hobby) slippers! Now I don't need to always go into the garage with shoes on.

• Like 10

Ended up in Jo-Anne's and glancing through their various things had me noticing a charm that was meant to be a locket, it's a hobbit hole door that functions and is actually the right size for a 28mm one, and with the discount they have in general, was under $2. Base cost was $4.99...60% off of their charms and there was a further coupon thing that stacked with it for the entire purchase.

• Like 11

So in 2017, before I moved, I backed the Black Rose Wars Kickstarter. Big board game with pretty pieces and minis. Looked cool. Went in for the Base Box and One Expansion pledge level. Looked cool and reasonable price for what was in there. Changed my address when I moved. There were some oddities on fulfillment in the updates... but it all seemed fine and managed overall. In early 2019, I got the box. BIG beautiful box and an expansion set. Ridiculously complex rules and not well explained, but at heart, not a bad game. Just takes a huge bunch of time to set up and tons of explaining to play. Anyway, I had my stuff. All was done.

I stopped paying attention to update emails, because at least one of them was for the company doing another Kickstarter and I didn't really want to do more. But updates were still there.... and I ignored them.

Yesterday I got a phone call from my neighbor that I had a HUGE and rather heavy box delivered and they brought it inside to the mail-stop in the apartment instead of letting it stay on the porch. Thanks neighbors! What could it be? Sir Cyr's mom has been sending a ton of stuff, but she addresses it to him.... my dad isn't sending stuff right now because he still has to pick up what I had shipped to him (he wasn't able to pick it up while he had covid - messed up that scheduling).

Apparently there was a second wave of stuff that the Kickstarter needed to ship: the "Sator Box" which has tons of new characters, spells, tiles, campaign modes for the game.... and 73 figures. At first I wondered if I'd done another Kickstarter in my sleep, because I totally do not remember this bunch of stuff being part of what I pledged for in 2017. Again, I saw some stuff I liked and was rather oblivious after that. And I'd already gotten the main stuff. Now I have a 24 x 12 x 8 in box of more game stuff on top of an already huge box (the original box is probably 16 x 16 x 10 in). SURPRISE! BIG BOX OF UNEXPECTED MINIS!

Heck, this batch is better casting quality than the original too - the faces aren't blobs. And it has a necrodragon in there! And sexy Baba Yaga? And a bunch of other cool useful figures.

BWAHAHAHA go me?

• Like 13
  • Haha 1