Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

corpse-flower.jpg

Corpse Flower by Wizkids (Eberron set 2020) (Pic I found on the net)

I need one these odd critters for a upcoming adventure & I wasn't sure if my printer would be working so I went looking for the prepainted one & I found a broken one for sale on the bay of e with free shipping. Cost was around 5 bucks. I can handle that!

I got this on Saturday, the post was broke at the base but the tentacles there were on the base were still attached, so all I had to do was put a few drops of superglue & hold for a bit & it was a perfect mini.

Also, a player on Saturday said so "Rudolph & such" when I mentioned the holiday game this Sunday. I said "yah, something to the nature." Now my adventure doesn't have Rudolph in it, but I'm adding a room with gingerbread cookie soldiers in it, figure eh, throw this guy in there as well.

Snowflake the Raindeer by Imitation of Life off Myminifactory

720X720-snowflake01-1.jpg

• Like 9

Picked up a few things on Saturday thanks to warm enough weather, and a desire to go out for a bit!

20201220_232824.thumb.jpg.3647a6ff71f4a4f0bf2eec4b393fbb3a.jpg

• Iwata Airbrush Cleaner 8 Oz (figured I'd try it out so I'm not chewing through my thinner as fast)
  • Mission Models Red Oxide Primer
  • Mission Models Pink Primer (it's lighter than I was expecting)
  • Mission Models White Primer
  • Mission Models 4 Oz Thinner
  • Mission Models Clear Primer (it's tintable!)
  • Mission Models Gloss Clear Coat
  • Mission Models Semi-Gloss Clear Coat
  • Like 7

This year I have once again received a Christmas card from the void between the stars, special thanks to @knarthex for passing it on from the incomprehensible beings that live out there. Plus a medallion with either a blessing or a curse from the scariest of languages; in all honesty, it could possibly be both.

20201221_192652.thumb.jpg.b7bb55d5d2d84386e56ab413ffb8e690.jpg

20201221_192707.thumb.jpg.7967109d623ceeebbd01247ac626ee3b.jpg

• Like 10

Since I can't really do all that much right now with that injured finger, ordered a few scale model kits.  That and I really, really, REALLY want to build a tank.

- Trumpeter LAV-III (sku: 01519) (will be picking up tomorrow)

- Trumpeter British Challenger 2 Enhanced Armour (sku: 01522)

- Trumpeter Russian T-72B3 MBT (sku: 09561)

- Meng Canadian Main Battle Tank Leopard C2 Mexas w/ Dozer Blade (sku: TS-041)

- Meng Russian Main Battle Tank T-90 w/TBS-86 Tank Dozer (sku: TS-014)

Also ordered a few things because why not...

- Vallejo Plastic Putty

- AK Interactive Hard (red label) & Standard (yellow label) Putty

Yeaaaah, kind of had a dozer blade theme going, apparently, since three of them come with such, and two of them it's their main thing...  Don't have any actual reasoning behind the choices, just ones I like (okay, the Kodiak/LAV-III I pretty much grew up around, same with the Leopard)...

• Like 6

This just received...

20201222_232520.thumb.jpg.1018f417220dacb8ed09f789e15f860a.jpg

Bob Smith Industries (repackaged) glue set.

● 1oz. Bottle of Gap Filling Medium

● 1oz. Bottle of Super Thin (my 2oz. Bottle is nearly gone)

● 1oz. Bottle of Extra Thick

● 2oz. Bottle of Accelerator (compatible with plastic and foam)

I went through the offerings on Amazon and chose this because it covered everything and I could try out their other two glues.  I haven't had any accelerator in sometime so that was a plus.

Coming next week is BSI's Clear Grip-It Glue to try.

20201222_233504.thumb.jpg.7bef159aca6ff8a7f05671a980108362.jpg

I will post about it when I do try it out.

As an aside... 

I want to say that I am not in the least bit guilt ridden over starting the original thread for the Department of Acquisitions.  I really do enjoy enabling people to enjoy their hobbies.  Not nearly as much as @ub3r_n3rd perhaps, but enjoy it I do.

Unfortunately, I don't read this as religiously as I once did.  So, I hope everyone enjoys this as well.

Don't forget to post your spoils for the Holidays.  I expect to see any and all nerd, crafting, maker and any other hobby-related stuff posted.

Stay tuned and Enjoy.  Please Stay Safe.

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 10

• Members

Finally got my last Reaper order after it sat downtown at the main USPS building for a week.. thankfully my paints seem to be fine.. it also included 2 sample paints, one which looks close to Sea Glow and the other which was originally labeled Walnut Brown but looks closer to one of the sample Black paints

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Finally got my last Reaper order after it sat downtown at the main USPS building for a week.. thankfully my paints seem to be fine.. it also included 2 sample paints, one which looks close to Sea Glow and the other which was originally labeled Walnut Brown but looks closer to one of the sample Black paints

2? Wow. I didn't get anything in my order, but eh, oh well.

I got my holiday order & that's fine with me.

I finally opened up the big A packages with the kids & stuff I ordered (or at least the 2nd package).

Inside was

(Both from CZYY)

Combat Riser posts. One for small/medium & one for large bases

format,webp

Love the fact that you can just write on the numbers with a dry/wet erase marker to indicate height. Also unlike allot of reviews, mine are 2 solid pieces. I may order anther set so I can have 2 of each sizes.

2nd item:

Now this package I knew I had coming (ha ha)

5e condition tokens

format,webp

I spaced off the material used & which one I actually ordered. These are wooden (mdf or something like that) & the wording is block letters & it quite clear. I may or may not use a fine point sharpie & color them in. We shall see. I could have printed out these with the printers but eh, support companies that actually make em. I just need to get a container that hold each condition as the box is just that, a box.

• Like 6