Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

36 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I'll bite,  what are these?!?  Either my old eyes can't make out the details or, more likely, im just clueless :blink:.  And yet I am intrigued and getting a gimme vibe from them...

They are snapoff utility knives?  I am a bit disappointed.  They look so cool...

They're very useful for removing supports and such.

• Like 4

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never could get into snap off utility blades......

Oh, I am so weak... While browsin mmf last night, I came across a great horned devil mini that wasn't on the christmas sale, but I knew I can use her for the holiday game (ie summon devil ability). I did have Miguel Zveda's horned devil, but it's a simple sculpt + there isn't much as far as female protagonists in this adventure (not counting the gnome fight, but you don't use normal combat for that, 100 of gnomes vs the PCs!!!). Anyways, here she is:

720X720-horneddemon1.jpg

by Crippled God Foundry

& of course I couldn't leave well enough alone, so more sale stls went into my cart. This round I got a few more from Manuel Bola:

720X720-mmf.jpg

720X720-mmf.jpg

Cannons for the Reaper ship when it arrives from Vae Victis

720X720-canon.jpg

& possibly the captain!!

720X720-tabaxi-pirate-01.jpg

No more stls from MMF for 2020!!!

• Like 13

Finally got my airbrush! My parents also bought a compressor, so I'm pretty much good to go. I'd like to order a new respirator, hopefully they have some in stock at the work safety store. I'm off to watch videos about airbrushing all day. I'm tackling terrain first--you can't really foul that up too badly. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I'll bite,  what are these?!?  Either my old eyes can't make out the details or, more likely, im just clueless :blink:.  And yet I am intrigued and getting a gimme vibe from them...

They are snapoff utility knives?  I am a bit disappointed.  They look so cool...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought they might be some super epic, insanely useful tool! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Finally got my airbrush! My parents also bought a compressor, so I'm pretty much good to go. I'd like to order a new respirator, hopefully they have some in stock at the work safety store. I'm off to watch videos about airbrushing all day. I'm tackling terrain first--you can't really foul that up too badly. 

Reaper's House of Vex with Aaron Lovejoy was all about painting terrain.  That's a good place to start.

• Like 5

I got a few packages containing some of Life's necessities. In this case, 12 cans of Testors' Dull Cote from Hobby Lobby. 

AND some Green Stuff World thingies from Noble Knight: three leaf punches: Lime, Oak, & Beech/Elm/Birch/Medlar, 1 pack of Grass Tuffs XL, 1 pack of Shrub Tuffs, & G.S.W's Sculpting Tools (there was one of my favorite types included):

DSCN0256.thumb.JPG.08e1dfb85f9feb29dbb0a4ea3a72f605.JPG

OH BABY! Getting cool necessities is just as exciting as packages of Oh So Cool minis...at least for me.

• Like 11

I acquired a few hobby items for Christmas this year. 

First up I filled in some gaps in my Liquitex ink collection:

Yellow Medium Azo

Yellow Orange Azo

Phthalocyanine Green Yellow Shade

Quinacridone Magenta

Transparent Raw Sienna

Deep Violet

Awhile back I had picked up some cheap rubber shaping tools off of Amazon, but they were cheap for a reason.  This time around I got some from Blick.  While I haven't used them yet, the tips at least look like they are properly formed.

Some painters masking tape, just in case I need some for the airbrush.

W&N S7 00 brush.  Always have a backup.

A wowstick.  This won't be used frequently, but could be useful on occasion.

Blue and Yellow Don't Make Green - a book the pingo (I believe) has recommended in the past.  A lot of hobby paints are mixed pigments, which can make things... interesting.  I do have some artist paints around, and could probably figure out which of my hobby paints are single pigment with a bit of effort.

• Like 10

With things for my family, I'd only received a portion of the Christmas things...several in quarantine (Three due to jobs, one because of his roommate), and the others are a state away and the state's more shut down and they don't want to head out now...

One of the things I'd been told to expect from my parents who tend to ask what I want, I didn't end up getting because of Amazon being stupid, but instead of Tasha's, I ended up with physical copies of the SCAG, Tome of Foes, and the Stranger Things boxed set. Mainly because it was when their official prices were bouncing around like crazy. I'm actually feeling kind of bad about it since it was ordered when the price was up to nearly $100 for Tashas and they basically went through my wishlist there for ones I had listed.

Then my brother got me the Academy A-10A model...which I'm now thinking about how to deal with, I don't have a real use for it and need some more things to even assemble it. Though it is one of my favorite planes

• Like 11

Took a run over the the not quite so local FGS, which carries mostly GW stuff.  Picked up a small assortment of GW paints, mostly Contrast, to use on my droids from the Clone Wars starter I got for Christmas.  Watched a few videos on quick paint schemes for them using mostly contrast paint and made a list, and they had everything I needed.

Now I just have to assemble all those skinny little droid arms and legs.....

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Took a run over the the not quite so local FGS, which carries mostly GW stuff.  Picked up a small assortment of GW paints, mostly Contrast, to use on my droids from the Clone Wars starter I got for Christmas.  Watched a few videos on quick paint schemes for them using mostly contrast paint and made a list, and they had everything I needed.

Now I just have to assemble all those skinny little droid arms and legs.....

If you had several of them, and had an actual GW store near you, it may have been a better option to go there. They have their deal for the 10th free if you get them at the same time.

• Like 5

On 12/20/2020 at 7:55 PM, Brother Jim said:

Well, I just won an auction on eBay for the whole lot. The GF9 Aliens game with all 3 supplements.
I was expecting to be outbid.
Now I have to shuffle monies around to pay for it.

EDIT: It's been Paid.

I got them on 23Dec20....now I want another base game box (for the 16 Xenomorphs).

I also bought a Heroclix Hulkbuster #017 that I got on 24Dec20, but Tracking still says I have to pick it up?

I also purchased a box of Necron Warriors from Noble Knight, the older style with the green rods.

EDIT: And Noble Knight sent me the 2020 box of Necron Warriors instead, I've let them know. I'm not upset because I was going to use them as Nightmares from the Legions of Steel and this just means I don't have to convert models for the variants.

Edited by Brother Jim
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

I got them on 23Dec20....now I want another base game box (for the 16 Xenomorphs).

Or you could get a box of 12 for $25.  GF9 are releasing boxes of just the minis.  You can get the details on their site.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, SotF said:

If you had several of them, and had an actual GW store near you, it may have been a better option to go there. They have their deal for the 10th free if you get them at the same time.

Who can afford 10 GW paints at once?!  :blink:

Nearest full GW store is currently a 4 hour drive plus 4 weeks of self isolating away (in a different province, so two weeks when I get there and two weeks when I get back).  Wife might not go for "Hey Hon, I'm running out for a some paint.  See you in a month!" ::D:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4