Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

9 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

So... it's quiet at the office(most people are working from home) and the internet is cclose at hand...   

I found this on Aliexpress:

'Multi Function Rotating Storage Rack' for spices and stuff.

(You pull the racks forward, then they can pivot to the side for easy access to their contents)

The width of the entire thing is approx 4", so I would assume that 60ml Vallejo bottles(primer, varnish and all the good stuff) would fit nicely. 

I ordered 2.

That.... Those are tempting, because I want to have my spice jars out and about, and accessible, but space is at a premium in our kitchen... 

• Like 4
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

Acquired:  One new place of employment, 33% pay increase, 50% stress decrease

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That.... Those are tempting, because I want to have my spice jars out and about, and accessible, but space is at a premium in our kitchen... 

we have the YouCopia Chef's edition spice stack.  it lays them down rather than keeping them vertical but it really makes things easy to find.  Got them off the big river site when they were on sale.  these are still available but they have a newer version out there that does not look as robust....

645617815_copiaspicerack.jpg.7402bd493139698624001b59bcda53a5.jpg 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
27 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

we have the YouCopia Chef's edition spice stack.  it lays them down rather than keeping them vertical but it really makes things easy to find.  Got them off the big river site when they were on sale.  these are still available but they have a newer version out there that does not look as robust....

645617815_copiaspicerack.jpg.7402bd493139698624001b59bcda53a5.jpg 

Thanks for the suggestion, I very well may have to get one of those, even if they're... Expensive on the Canadian side (I'll naturally look into the US site to see if it's cheaper) 

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I like it, but... 

I'd like it better if the front was closed off. 

Still, it would be nice to have something similar, but with shallower drawers. They would be perfect for painting and sculpting tools. 

My spice jars hang on the wall next to my stove, with plastic clips shaped like Terry Clips. 

• Like 5

My Game Envy Wizard Rack Kickstarter thingy came in today....

20210107_195913.thumb.jpg.553b864ce81b9825c07d67e0d39ba37f.jpg

^3x Wizard Rank 14 (two in purple, one in pink-orange), and 2x Wizard Rank 10 (both in pink-orange), plus brush rests.  Oh, two oversized holders, and one Arena stand as well.

20210108_015535.thumb.jpg.6e86f8ab5aa543627753b8a90dbff61c.jpg

^Yup, I was stubborn enough to build all five of them tonight.  Fingers are going to haaaate me tomorrow I suspect.  That was a LOT of protective backing paper to peel...

• Like 8

Popped by the lfgs yesterday after my massage.  Since it had only been a day, not a lot new, but I did pick up a couple of things:

20210108_IMG_1519.jpg.23c3f54cbc120f3a8993e19b09c656d4.jpg

I was hoping to get some Mr. Cement S, but they are waiting on an order, so figured I'd try the AP stuff.  My bottle of Testors is getting low after all those droids.

And noticed a metallic I didn't have...

Not pictured, a bottle of Diet Pepsi  :poke:

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Popped by the lfgs yesterday after my massage.  Since it had only been a day, not a lot new, but I did pick up a couple of things:

20210108_IMG_1519.jpg.23c3f54cbc120f3a8993e19b09c656d4.jpg

I was hoping to get some Mr. Cement S, but they are waiting on an order, so figured I'd try the AP stuff.  My bottle of Testors is getting low after all those droids.

And noticed a metallic I didn't have...

Not pictured, a bottle of Diet Pepsi  :poke:

haven't seen that before.  is the rough iron a metallic or a brownish grey?  I haven't dealt with the army painter colors very much, how do their metallic stack up vs scale 75, Reaper and Vallejo?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

haven't seen that before.  is the rough iron a metallic or a brownish grey?  I haven't dealt with the army painter colors very much, how do their metallic stack up vs scale 75, Reaper and Vallejo?

It's a brownish metallic, looks like a silver-y metallic flake.  I hadn't actually tested it out yet, but here:

_jKJlF9aGn88P5UJpxQBm_Fqe1VRh0dUctU0P9QbpB4a1nSawUyWjw4H1hX3TpA30H-d4bHFLnfQIBjcsfuWe86ibYLGIZH-JYm8XlclNmAdPM7_DqBVYuQLF20udo998Xr7F0W7iQ8_T5097oSrnmmf77UQCpC5TsIJ4fAMnErzRJM7VOPpOj5zRKBI5DzkYWvS20FEFSl_bRed3ZYNHrHDq-Xtf-VRObkkAFVadGyxyEGt2k0PcqTQbYrD87VBvXMJQLhRedyFDSbaZ59SlYGPiGFoxd6FQgSMGEfFwY4zwu-tvxdLm3DnR5miJq9Rvvwvy2SWeY3LA4zMgWePAJSG6VmnlWXw2fsMxbphLbREB86OzqLs-BIDUEMV3pQazvlT9jI4Xsr9145E4N4cpyfx2-_elV_13zGeKcmFyfuCGy7TuUk5Do_j7nX2ISmd1CEXU4txfzlu6wjmebuAR2SnZ3dB3pUrlJ-qC_o40bCAYl2XqDOZqb7BwJBeZ-svwdQBmtip81Sq_OPsSha4-JF3ypXeBp98hozfQit_YDyprAKD5zWq_R5fkfqq8IMdVvL5QxWL98tQ7As-iUEPtg8Z-rAsgyiFscnrEQpXyjSt2hVhZj2a9GD9VbjBbAmEHzjEEOa-P16LNN8ntUwpF-yYWHDuVJT781vaEKuBlrHFceZXjaUpbD9leHejVPY=w690-h920-no?authuser=0

I tend to go with the "that looks different" purchasing style ::D:

I'd put the current AP metallics in the same ballpark as P3 or Reaper's.  I prefer Scale 75 over the others in general though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

I don't have a ton of experience with their newer metals, but what I did get from them a while back is still working rather well. It's a Gold, Silver, and "Armor" from the sets they'd released back when Kings of War was first being released by Mantic. The Gold didn't work quite as well as the others, but I'm planning on trying to find some more of them to use with the longer term projects I've been working on.

Well, due to me now being in Quarantine and mainly trying to catch up on other projects, I'd just grabbed one mini on amazon when buying the Mario anniversary collection for my Switch, a Garr, War Dog metal that I've been considering for a while and the price on Amazon was the same as the reaper store for the metal one, can't find the bones anywhere, but I'm planning on painting him up to fit in with my Anhurian force at the moment, still deciding what I'm using him as there

• Like 5

Got a 10pack of 6mm Black on white and 2 9mm black on white tapes for my pTouch today.

I would have preferred to buy original, but when they're 4x the price...   

I'm using them to put labels on the compartmented boxes I use to store minis in. 

• Like 5

Well went out in the garage, got the heater going, so I need to wait for half an hour before I can actually get going. I decided to buy the presents. I had some other files in my cart. Tops was this one:

720X720-sorserer-bust-1.jpg

Vaelia Arra bust by White Wolf Tavern

Again, picked up the Christmas pack from Epic n Stuff (mainly for the presents as they represent mimics in stealth mode for the holiday game tomorrow).

720X720-xmastrees-n-gifts.jpg

Finally picked this oddball up, cause well it's intriguing:

720X720-img-20210107-190154.jpg

kusohamu-chan クソハムちゃん by Anthony

• Like 6