Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

They are here! These are the same as first ever minis I painted. I want to do a 10 year progress thing but found out they were OOP. Sooooo I spent way too much money getting these. (Their spears and whatnot are in the bag in the top left of the picture.)

20210108_141051.thumb.jpg.98d0a47bfa9707938bfca72b55a65758.jpg

• Like 13
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

Acquired:  One new place of employment, 33% pay increase, 50% stress decrease

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

They are here! These are the same as first ever minis I painted. I want to do a 10 year progress thing but found out they were OOP. Sooooo I spent way too much money getting these. (Their spears and whatnot are in the bag in the top left of the picture.)

What are they?

• Like 3

My order of practical-sort-of-stuff arrived from Blick today.

Lime, Holiday, & Dark Green, Yellow Orange, Orange, Burnt Orange,  & Chocolate Brown construction paper destined for the leaf punches.

AND Blick's own 1, 0, & 4-0 red sable brushes:

DSCN0298.thumb.JPG.750fcddb63547710d91c052d2bd96b05.JPG

OH BABY! Another day of Old Man excitement!

• Like 11
14 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

What are they?

They're some elves from the GW Island of Blood box set. I wish I'd known they those were the ones that @SparrowMarie was looking for- I've got some hidden away in the cupboard of shame ::(:

• Like 4

I still have some of those elves. Though I got them in the re-release by GW. I just remember how badly designed the sprue was when it came to the spears. Nearly every single one of my spears has the at least one of the side things broken, since they decided that those were the best locations for sprue connection points. Some of the connection points were thicker than the spear side thing as well!

I quite like the models, even thought I still haven't painted all of them. -_-

• Like 4

These showed up today:

20210109_005449.thumb.jpg.45c614d0f91572021f26133e862af949.jpg

Due to various circumstances in the industry, it has become exceedingly difficult to even find any cans of Testors Dullcote in Canada at all. I was incredibly lucky to find a store that was not only in Canada, but also had it at a normal price and great shipping costs. This should last me for a little while, and will definitely be getting things from them again.

• Like 13

Not strictly hobby related but ran out at lunch and picked up a new 12" duel-bevel sliding mitre saw. And awesome wife picked me up a stand (for my upcoming birthday) for it.

Hard to pass up a 50% off sale on an item like that.  

No pics as it is still in the car (had to get back to work) and won't likely get unpacked from the box until March or April when it gets warm enough to get my car out of the garage and it can go back to being a workshop.

I've had a non-sliding one for a long time, but as I do a lot of projects in 2x6 and 2x8, cutting them with sliding one makes life much easier.

• Like 11