Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

Acquired:  One new place of employment, 33% pay increase, 50% stress decrease

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Brother Jim said:

I have acquired the results of my covid test.

:rolleyes::bday: Unfortunately I've won. :zombie::devil:

Luckily, it's, so far, just a mild winter head cold....

So far.......

Good luck! My youngest son got through the chills & fever with no respiratory  symptoms developing. His girl friend, Melissa, only had the positive test & never developed any symptoms. I hope you feel better soon.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 7
23 hours ago, Brother Jim said:

So far.......

Get well soon!

Let's hope it will stay mild.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
On 1/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, Brother Jim said:

So far.......

Hope you get better soon!

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Get well soon!

Let's hope it will stay mild.

Here’s hoping @Brother Jim

4 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

[questionable taste]I have acquired an entirely different covid.

20210117_150806.thumb.jpg.e6e59cd87ae06365f87bd6a1569dceeb.jpg

With any luck the mean covid will see my plushy covid and decide to move along.[/questionable taste]

NM, didn’t you already get the WCV? 

I thought you reported back last May(?) that your sense of smell flatlined for awhile and you had some other minor symptoms and your SO had a worse case at around the same time?

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, TGP said:

Here’s hoping @Brother Jim

NM, didn’t you already get the WCV? 

I thought you reported back last May(?) that your sense of smell flatlined for awhile and you had some other minor symptoms and your SO had a worse case at around the same time?

I did, presumably. Antibody tests came back negative but I operate under the assumption I had it. Still, I'd rather not get any of its mutant friends.

• Like 9

So... Last week-ish, me and a guy at work were talking about miniatures since he used to play D&D back in the day, and he mentioned he still had a small box of them somewhere. He said he'd dig it out and let me have it...

I was figuring it'd end up being a box of broken junk.

Turns out, it was a box set...

Spoiler

image.png.f7f748489cdbfbab7ff53975a9bb9f31.png

The outside sleeve is kinda trashed, as well as the foam inside, but the figures are all there and none of them are broken...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 13
2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

So... Last week-ish, me and a guy at work were talking about miniatures since he used to play D&D back in the day, and he mentioned he still had a small box of them somewhere. He said he'd dig it out and let me have it...

Hide contents

The outside sleeve is kinda trashed, as well as the foam inside, but the figures are all there and none of them are broken...

Nice!  I used to play back in the day.  The game has (if I remember correctly)the distinction of winning the miniatures game of the year award (or something similar) at Gencon....the same weekend they announced they were canceling the game and switching to plastic pre-paints with random distribution.......

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
3 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Nice!  I used to play back in the day.  The game has (if I remember correctly)the distinction of winning the miniatures game of the year award (or something similar) at Gencon....the same weekend they announced they were canceling the game and switching to plastic pre-paints with random distribution.......

Thought that Confrontation kind of had a very similar thing there

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Reveal hidden contents

Good luck with any of the skeleton humanoids in that set. They were a major PiTA to assemble. The death cleric thou is the prize of that set.

• Like 6

Acquired a few things for my assembly desk, including the most important upgrade of all - a dedicated garbage can for said desk!  Hubby is happy he won't hear me gripe about having to try and keep a pole on the edge of the desk that I eventually accidentally knock off.  Now discarded tape and stuff I've cut or scraped off that I'm not keeping can go directly into said bin! 

Also acquired soft clips to hold things together (but with noticeably less force than my current clamps), a bunch of toothpicks, kebab skewers, and 80 plastic El cheap shot glasses.  (purple) No, I'm not planning on airbrushing a bunch of small parts, whyever do you ask? (/purple) ::P:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Acquired a few things for my assembly desk, including the most important upgrade of all - a dedicated garbage can for said desk!  Hubby is happy he won't hear me gripe about having to try and keep a pole on the edge of the desk that I eventually accidentally knock off.  Now discarded tape and stuff I've cut or scraped off that I'm not keeping can go directly into said bin! 

Also acquired soft clips to hold things together (but with noticeably less force than my current clamps), a bunch of toothpicks, kebab skewers, and 80 plastic El cheap shot glasses.  (purple) No, I'm not planning on airbrushing a bunch of small parts, whyever do you ask? (/purple) ::P:

When I "set up" the game room, ie the garage I got a dedicated trash can & bags for it. Probably one of my smartest purchases for hobbies. ha ha.

Sigh, I'm so gullible for stl sales on MMF. Rocketpig continued their 60% off sale, so picked up a few files.

• Like 8