Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

Acquired:  One new place of employment, 33% pay increase, 50% stress decrease

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

First one's not bad if you like cars. Second one is a bit goofy. After that is where I kinda felt it started jumping the shark a bit - the rest are just larger and flashier chases and crashes with some plot tacked on. I watched up to the fifth one, but by that point it's basically become a completely different set of films from where it started.

Again I have desire to watch the movies. Oddly, I'm not a car guy, there is just some makes I like building or they hold fond memories for me (General Lee for example). In the case of Tamiya kits, I just like the quality of the brand.

• Like 5

Picked up a few things today...  A, uh, few more than I told hubby I was picking up >.>;;;;

20210126_171409.thumb.jpg.2085cbafccea309e6039bb4c5594eaeb.jpg

Not pictured is the Tamiya Extra Thin glue I picked up.  Wound up getting that Abrams because they restocked the kits last night!  Why three bottles of Scale75's Acrylic Thinner for Airbrushes?  It's the first bottle that doesn't GLORB! out a bunch when I tip it over to thin my paint - this one requires actual squeezing of the bottle to have thinner come out, even if you tip it almost 80 degrees...  Saw their Bones section and found inspiration for two Reaper Challenge league submissions.  "Police Box" is going to be the limited palette, mwa ha ha ha ha....  But yeah, no idea why, but the Zaku kind of called to me, so wound up becoming my first Gunpla kit.

20210126_171726.thumb.jpg.3d9b293ed58103b723e9989ed7e71327.jpg

Couldn't resist adding in this pic, which I'm going to title "how to get into - and then out of - trouble with just one box".  Hubby ~LOVES~ Lucario.  Now I just have to wait for him to answer my "hypothetical" question about whether he'd want to build it, or just have it show up on his desk assembled...

• Like 8

We left the safety of our cave today and ventured forth to get a haircut. We also stopped by the gamestore in the same shopping area and picked up some Wizkids minis.

Bronze Dragon Wyrmling and Pile of Sea Found Treasure   WZK90152

Silver Dragon Wyrmling and Halfling Dragon Friend   WZK90153

Ankheg   WZK90161

Archery Range

Bounty Board

Well

Edited by Citrine
Was not done adding stuff!
  • Like 9
On 1/21/2021 at 10:50 PM, Brother Jim said:

Kuroneko that does seem pretty essential....but you seem to be short 2 of the supplements.

Get Away From Her You B***h! for more Missions, Power Loader rules, Rules to play as the Xenomorphs, etc.

and

Ultimate Badasses for more Marines!!

We thought that we'd be vaguely responsible and wait until actually playing the game until ordering the expansions ::P: Playing as the noble defenders of Hadleys Hope certainly sounds like an awesome option!

However, we did find (and purchase) this extra that provides actual minis instead of tokens in the game. Because why WOULDN'T you want a bunch of eggs and facehugger minis? :;,;:

IMG_20210127_142349630.thumb.jpg.2189dbd9a9fb6615d735f42ad9936378.jpg

• Like 11
15 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

We thought that we'd be vaguely responsible and wait until actually playing the game until ordering the expansions ::P: Playing as the noble defenders of Hadleys Hope certainly sounds like an awesome option!

However, we did find (and purchase) this extra that provides actual minis instead of tokens in the game. Because why WOULDN'T you want a bunch of eggs and facehugger minis? :;,;:

IMG_20210127_142349630.thumb.jpg.2189dbd9a9fb6615d735f42ad9936378.jpg

those are some cute old computers

• Haha 8
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Are you sure? The fish and shredder look like they have to be at least a 5 1/4 disk 

I'd be cvertain myself - if you look closely, they're holding it by the label, and there's a tell-tale metal sliding protective cover on the top of each disk.  If they were 5 1/4" floppies, this protective mechanism would not be in place, there would be a center spindle hole visible, and there would be (for lack of a better word) a keyhole shape in the center lower portion where the storage medium would be visible.  For the shark, the depression the 3.5" floppy disk label would go onto has been drawn rather clearly.

If we're going to argue semantics, Shredder's disc almost looks like an iOmega ZipDrive disk, although the protective shield at the top is a touch too large.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
On 1/25/2021 at 9:53 AM, haldir said:

This order went from just wanting the Kelpie & Lysette (Bones USA) to a full fledged order. My first order with the Pippd webstore so I hope it goes as smooth as their ebay store orders. With having only FedEx as a shipping option, I figured get the free shipping vs paying $7+ dollars.

Reaper Miniatures (Bones)

Skeletal Manticore #77931     
Belthual, Elf Chronicler #77744     
Dwarf Forge Priestess #77571     
Armored Goblin Leaders (2) #77678     
Kelpies (2) #77275     

Reaper Miniatures (metal)

Ametrine Earthlyte #02063 Dark Heaven Legends     
Lurg, Reven Solo #14043 Warlord  x 2    
Amathor Arch Mage #02319 Dark Heaven Legends (freebie)    

Reaper Miniatures (Bones USA) 
Lysette, Elven Mage #30001     

Reaper Minatures (paint)
Master Series Paint MSP .5oz Bottle #09671 - Golden Glow

Ral Partha
Elven Coins (1/4 lb) #02-1020 x 2    

I struggled finding stuff for that order, tbhwy. I just noticed a couple figures represent the same person, I must have forgot to delete the entry. Eh, oh well I guess I can always use the other figure for something. I do need 6 or 7 dwarf figures for animated statues in a dwarf dungeon this Saturday. ^_^

Amathor was a freebie upon hitting a certain price threshold.

Order came on time yesterday!! No problems, just like ordering from their ebay store.

Now I await a pre-painted order. Hopefully today or tomorrow. (I need a couple minis out of it for Saturday's game!!)

• Like 7