Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

Acquired:  One new place of employment, 33% pay increase, 50% stress decrease

Posted Images

Picked up a few stls this morning.

Some posted a pic of the Dark Fire version of the Rogue One Shoretroopers, which reminded me I wanted them, specifically for this guy:

beach_vacation.png

And I snagged a soup drinking little guy while I was in there....

soupbaby.png

This (of course) reminded me I wanted to pick up a few older files from Seb Miniatures.  I've been a member of Seb's patreon for a few months, but he's had to put it on hold for Feb since he's just gotten out of the hospital and is still recovering from a fairly bad bout with Covid. :down:

So I grabbed these from his Gumroad site.

Young-Student-1080-1.jpg

A young padawan.

99-1080-1.jpg

An experimental clone janitor...

Big_boss_1.jpg

T-Droid_for_20Tank_1.jpg

And a couple of alternate commanders for my (soon to be built) AATs.  (they are designed to fit in the turret opening, that's why they are cut off like that).

• Like 10

Today Cap'n John & I went off to distant Bee Cave foy Jersey Giant Pizza. While we were at it we stopped at Michael's

I picked up FolkArt Tangerine, Cayman Blue, Cobalt Blue, & Ink Spot, a pack of round brass tip head pins(90) AND two Cadbury Eggs:

DSCN0384.thumb.JPG.dd41985603e25627e74feff7d3bb1d5e.JPG

OH BABY!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 12
On 1/6/2021 at 9:40 AM, Gadgetman! said:

So... it's quiet at the office(most people are working from home) and the internet is cclose at hand...   

I found this on Aliexpress:

spice_storage_rack.thumb.jpg.f8588cde24c44a680c940985bda9502f.jpg

'Multi Function Rotating Storage Rack' for spices and stuff.

(You pull the racks forward, then they can pivot to the side for easy access to their contents)

The width of the entire thing is approx 4", so I would assume that 60ml Vallejo bottles(primer, varnish and all the good stuff) would fit nicely. 

I ordered 2.

I got them today...    

What a load of minoaur droppings!   

One was crushed in shipping. The back 'walls' completely broken off, and some of the rest of thetoo thin plastic was bent. 

The other one 'just' had some bent plastic that I managed to unbend.  

I'll see if I can glue in some stiffeners and get the first one fixed up also. 

I could complain to the seller, but the issue is that the design is too flimsy and the packaging isn't made to protect it on a long international journey, so any replacement is likely to also suffer damage.  

The good news is that 60ml Vallejo bottles do fit in them. It might be an idea to glue some strips of rigid foam along the insides to hold the bottles so they don't rattle around.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
3 hours ago, malefactus said:

Today Cap'n John & I went off to distant Bee Cave foy Jersey Giant Pizza. While we were at it we stopped at Michael's

I picked up FolkArt Tangerine, Cayman Blue, Cobalt Blue, & Ink Spot, a pack of round brass tip head pins(90) AND two Cadbury Eggs:

DSCN0384.thumb.JPG.dd41985603e25627e74feff7d3bb1d5e.JPG

OH BABY!

We've been getting Cadburys Creme Eggs since mid December. That's how you know that it's almost Christmas, after all!

• Haha 6

I was given an Amazon gift card for Christmas (first time I’d seen them since early December), so I decided to get something frivolous. I settled on this:

DB6A5793-491C-4450-BC75-241C085AAE11.jpeg.a1c3f60390a1ddc9917f595d691fdbfd.jpeg

I also got a book, “Real American Girls Tell Their Own Stories”. It’s excepts from the diaries of girls from the 19th century. Good stuff.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I got 2 tins of Royal Danske cookies today... by mail-order.  Why is there a shortage of butter cookies?!?  They are usually everywhere in the winter 

Don't judge.  There have been times when they were the only thing I could keep down.  I have a lot of love and respect for those cookies!

• Like 10

I ended up going to the game store after I woke up yesterday. Too late to the post office but in time for the flgs. They close at 6 now due to no live gaming or at least ver limited gaming (no rpgs but 1 vs 1 ccgs are ok). Anyways, got to talk with the owner for bit, added some cash to my store account to pay for my gf9 Icewind Dale order whenever it decided to show up. I also snagged the following Nolzur's mini:

Female firbolgs are huge!

Venom troll is out in the open, as it is being used today.

16120168297594516578384540066051.jpg

• Like 10
17 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I got 2 tins of Royal Danske cookies today... by mail-order.  Why is there a shortage of butter cookies?!?  They are usually everywhere in the winter 

Don't judge.  There have been times when they were the only thing I could keep down.  I have a lot of love and respect for those cookies!

I do judge! I judge you to have good taste! They're the best! I managed to get a tin on sale at CVS/Rite-Aid/Duane Reade/whatever chain pharmacy is a couple blocks that'a'way.

• Like 6
18 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I always thought it was funny when we got these in during the holidays, real Danish cookies...............made in Singapore.......:blink::lol:

• Haha 6