Jump to content

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

So, I came home from work today to find a package from Reaper on my doorstep, addressed to my forum handle. Obviously, I'm confused...I didn't make an order, and if I did I would use my real name. I o

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Alpaca from the Netherlands, using real alpaca wool. Super cute

 

And he comes with accessories 

PXL_20210130_175534942.jpg

PXL_20210130_175601723.jpg

PXL_20210130_175942948.jpg

 

Ah!

Dutch infiltration succesful!

 

 

On 1/30/2021 at 8:19 AM, Kangaroorex said:

I got 2 tins of Royal Danske cookies today... by mail-order.  Why is there a shortage of butter cookies?!?  They are usually everywhere in the winter 

 

Don't judge.  There have been times when they were the only thing I could keep down.  I have a lot of love and respect for those cookies!

 

I'll be happy to help anyone to get rid of such cookies.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Alpaca from the Netherlands, using real alpaca wool. Super cute

 

And he comes with accessories 

PXL_20210130_175534942.jpg

PXL_20210130_175601723.jpg

PXL_20210130_175942948.jpg

ears aren't quite the right shape, but the expression of disdain is just about perfect

(ok, so we have alpacas)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

ears aren't quite the right shape, but the expression of disdain is just about perfect

(ok, so we have alpacas)

 

Not sure his ears can be seen properly, as only the tips are visible haha

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a little package in the mail today...

 

From Rosemary & Co...

 

Red Dot Pointed Round #0  2x

Red Dot Pointed Round #1  1x

Red Dot Short Filbert/Cat's Tongue #0   1x

Red Dot Short Filbert/Cat's Tongue #2   1x

Red Dot Short Flats #0     1x

Red Dot Short Flats #1     1x

Red Dot Short Flats #2     1x

 

I seem to remember that I was chewing my foot like bubblegum a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to bite it off at the knee and swallow it. 

If these are as good as the nice people at Rosemary & Co claim, I may very well switch over permanently. 

 

Now I just need to find the time to try them out... 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2021 at 6:19 AM, Gadgetman! said:

 

Spotted these on eBay...

0.1mm wide... 

That's a thin tipped chisel.  

 

 

        :blink:

 

  ...Shiny.

 

  I'm looking forward to hearing your report. Those could be seriously useful to me for a number of things.

 

 

On 1/30/2021 at 12:42 AM, redambrosia said:

 

I was given an Amazon gift card for Christmas (first time I’d seen them since early December), so I decided to get something frivolous.

 

 

   I'm pretty sure if my family had a coat of arms that would be our family motto.

 

 

On 1/30/2021 at 2:19 AM, Kangaroorex said:

I got 2 tins of Royal Danske cookies today... by mail-order.  Why is there a shortage of butter cookies?!?  They are usually everywhere in the winter 

 

Don't judge.  There have been times when they were the only thing I could keep down.  I have a lot of love and respect for those cookies!

 

  I  can't buy those things anymore - haven't bought them in years. They're completely gone not even half an hour after I open the tin.  :down:

 

 

 

 

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

My order with BNAWorld (Australia)  came yesterday!

 

Both from Hobby Design (China):

 

Antenna for Bandit Trans Am build 

 

Not- Vin Diesel from Fast and the Furious  for Charger build.

 

Resin in the figure looks great. A little surgery involved to place the photoetch trigger/guard. 

20210202_082132.jpg

20210202_082221.jpg

20210202_082202.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2021 at 9:02 PM, Sirithiliel said:

Alpaca from the Netherlands, using real alpaca wool. Super cute

 

And he comes with accessories 

PXL_20210130_175534942.jpg

PXL_20210130_175601723.jpg

PXL_20210130_175942948.jpg

 

I think my wife needs one of these for her birthday.  she recently did a fleece to sweater alpaca project last year and that is really warm and fuzzy!  Realstic or not the little guy is adorable!

 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2021 at 6:38 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I'll be happy to help anyone to get rid of such cookies.

 

 

You cannot have them, they are mine!  you live in their origin, don't you have a local source?  as I might have mentioned, These cookies have a bit of nostalgia for me because there are some drugs I take where these are one of the only things that will stay down.

 

17 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

 

        :blink:

 

  ...Shiny.

 

  I'm looking forward to hearing your report. Those could be seriously useful to me for a number of things.

 

  I  can't buy those things anymore - haven't bought them in years. They're completely gone not even half an hour after I open the tin.  :down:

 

 

 

 

I would also like to hear how these work out for you.  They look really neat.

 

Fortunately, my kids don't seem to like them and my wife is on a Keto diet so as long as I limit my treats, I can make the tins last a while, which is a good thing because they are becoming difficult to find.  (sort of like After Eight mints, something else I cant seem to get my hands on.)

 

As for new acquisitions, my brother is apparently sending me an Oculus Quest for my birthday.  Honestly, I think its just to prove that he is better at gift giving than me but I'll take it!  Because I really needed one more thing to take up my time.  On the plus side I have been really looking forward to trying Alyx and Star Wars: Squadrons!

 

I also got the metallic dragons from wizkids that I didn't have yet from my kids for my birthday so I can give those a try.

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

You cannot have them, they are mine!  you live in their origin, don't you have a local source?  as I might have mentioned, These cookies have a bit of nostalgia for me because there are some drugs I take where these are one of the only things that will stay down.

 

 

 

 

 

Of course I can buy these over here.

But one can never have enough cookies.

 

I am backed in this by an expert.

 

 

ck.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Of course I can buy these over here.

But one can never have enough cookies.

 

I am backed in this by an expert.

 

 

ck.jpg

Alright, you got me there.  Your expert witness will stand up in this kangaroo court!

 

Go enjoy another piece of Locum for me. (Man I miss being able to get hold of good Turkish Delight!  Done with rose water the flavor is so unique, but i like a lot of the other choices too.)  I am not particularly a fan of the varieties with nuts in them though.  The nuts tend to get squishy with time and it just doesnt have the right texture.  I have had it when the whole thing is fresh and the nuts are still crunchy and its pretty good but after about a week they start to soften and it just feels funny in the mouth, so i tend to look for the nut free versions.

 

and dont forget to pat Brutus on the head for me!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kangaroorex said:

Alright, you got me there.  Your expert witness will stand up in this kangaroo court!

 

Go enjoy another piece of Locum for me. (Man I miss being able to get hold of good Turkish Delight!  Done with rose water the flavor is so unique, but i like a lot of the other choices too.)  I am not particularly a fan of the varieties with nuts in them though.  The nuts tend to get squishy with time and it just doesnt have the right texture.  I have had it when the whole thing is fresh and the nuts are still crunchy and its pretty good but after about a week they start to soften and it just feels funny in the mouth, so i tend to look for the nut free versions.

 

and dont forget to pat Brutus on the head for me!

 

I bought them fresh from the bakery in small amounts, so the nuts not only stayed fresh...they never made it to the evening we ate them all with our afternoon coffee. ::P:

You know I wonder, you mentioned those danish cookies were about the only thing that you could handle when on certain meds.

The Turkish Bakery also sells Turkish cookies made from almonds and semolina, they do remind me of the Danish ones with their texture and certain dryness.

They do taste great, and some are infused with subtle hints of chocolate, vanilla etc..

Maybe you could try those as well?

 

I just love good food  and snacks, and I'm very happy that we now have a good Turkish Bakery around the corner.

I grew up in Rotterdam which is a major city and I was used to be able to get about everything from Indonesian to Aruban to Japanese  to Turkish food.

Here in Venray ( which is a rural town) we now have some variety like Turkish, Moroccan and Indonesion food, but there are things I miss.

When visiting another city/town I always look for nice stores.

I'm a Hobby Chef and I just love to try things out as well, Asian and Meditteranean Cuisine are my favorites followed by Tex Mex.

 

Brutus is spoiled, I gave him a banana today, he loves those.

 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Glitterwolf There are a lot of the Persian foods that I can handle, even when I am on my more unsettling meds.  I would love to try those other cookies but there is basically no Turkish or Persian presence near me ::(:  There is Persian cookie that my wife's mother used to make that I love and I need to make that again.  The other thing I ate a lot was a pomegranate and rice soup because it was mild and easy to digest.

 

Lately the family has been experimenting with Korean foods.  We try to mix it up a lot so we always have something different. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...