Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

8 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Well. We came home with a cat.

We haven't decided what we're going to call her yet. 

But.. already the house feels a little less weird; there is once again a black cat in residence. 

"Hope"

• Like 7
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

Acquired a house.    

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

But.. already the house feels a little less weird; there is once again a black cat in residence. 

Missy Stoffeles... 

Because a home needs a bit of weirdness.   ;-)

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Bagheera

• Like 4

Apparently, we've settled on 'Enigma' (to go with our Mystery). 

... which, at least so far, seems to suit her nicely, I went into the bathroom this morning to retrieve her food dish and... no cat. Eh? 

I eventually spotted her; she managed to do a good three foot leap to get on top of the only cabinet in the bathroom.

I figure, give her time; she's got about a week to settle and catch her breath before we have to retrieve her so the vet can look her over and confirm she's healthy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Apparently, we've settled on 'Enigma' (to go with our Mystery). 

... which, at least so far, seems to suit her nicely, I went into the bathroom this morning to retrieve her food dish and... no cat. Eh? 

I eventually spotted her; she managed to do a good three foot leap to get on top of the only cabinet in the bathroom.

I figure, give her time; she's got about a week to settle and catch her breath before we have to retrieve her so the vet can look her over and confirm she's healthy.

Congrats on the new Housepanther!

Of course WOOF will keep an eye on this recruiting program.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Naming your daughter after the Goddess-Queen of the Underworld is completely different. ::P:

She’s definitely living up to that! Queen of EVERYTHING as far as she’s concerned! :lol:

• Haha 6

Today I got a bagfull of stepper motors...   

4mm diameter geared motors...

4mm_stepper.thumb.jpg.155df31b7f7303b5feef934a6fe9eb2a.jpg

Not my hand, though. 

Don't really have a use for them, yet, but I expect some sort of animatronics should be possible.

I may take one apart to see if it can be used without the gearbox.

(the motor is the cylinder ot the left, the gearbox is in the middle)

Seing how solid they are, I'm tinking of order another bagfull of them.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

Got some brushes and stuff for an attempt at making miniature landscape paintings. Now just waiting for the paint.

20210204_145834.thumb.jpg.930a8903ac3ed37855a9797f9285a8e2.jpg

Did you get this?

519RAzbuNVL.jpg

^_^

Finally caved in & bought some industrial strength nitrile gloves at the ridiculous prices they are at right now. I picked up some Silverback brand from Home Dewpah today while I was out with my mom. It's a 100 pack so it should last for a bit. I still have some, just trying to be prepared when I do start to run low. Gotta love when hobby & pandemic supplies cross-over right now....<_<

• Haha 8

I stopped at the Dollar Tree and found a lot of things that seem to be pretty good options for terrain with their seasonal decor. They've got a lot of Fairy Garden options, some things that might be workable facades for buildings if you want a woodland one...I might go back and get them, but they had what is supposed to be a garden gate and for minis, would be a decent larger gate that seems right for palisades or nicer walls. There are also some things that would make for some great scatter for the wilderness such as bee hives and odd plants, I'd also grabbed a large piece with a stone fence around it and a flocked center that would work with some repainting as a field or enclosure on a battlefield...though it lacks an actual gate.

They also had some more candyland style stuff for them, but not what I'd be as interested in.

Also got one of their new knife sets and carving tools to try out...some more superglue because I seem to go through it like crazy.

And the really interesting thing is a plastic brush rack that can hold a lot of brushes and might be more useful for on the table use during a project.

Edited by SotF
adding some more I'd forgotten about
  • Like 9

Took advantage of a flash sale on Rocketpig's own website before I head off to the garage to get things prepped for today's game:

Technically, both files might be the same figure. Depends on how I like the witch up to a Huge creature:

1789726704.jpg

1404761271.jpg

(forgot to hit SEND this morning.....Anther great Saturday game thou!! ^_^)

• Like 7