Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

I gor an order from reaper, spending my diorama contest winnings. 

to pick up The ROC - and some Reaper online minis and paints. 

also got the Brinewind book by Reaper Wolf,  has some lovely stories and playable setting. 

Still wish he would do a dreadmere book as well.  

• Like 8
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

So, I came home from work today to find a package from Reaper on my doorstep, addressed to my forum handle. Obviously, I'm confused...I didn't make an order, and if I did I would use my real name. I o

Posted Images

Tainted Grail Mounted Heroes - they have some fun mounted critters.

Prinny Switch Game - yay, didn't get to play the PSP version, so this should be fun.

Level 5 Vortex puzzle - for the desk at work when I need to fiddle with something other than reports.

20210206_182019.thumb.jpg.809ac9b38326db536ce7f38260c6acca.jpg

• Like 10

Just aquired...   

Patreon Pledge for The Time Team!

Yes, the original Time Team archeologists that 'only have 3 days to excavate'... are back, now on Patreon and hoping to collect enough money for new episodes.  They go by the name TimeTeamOfficial if anyone else also wants to pledge. 

Oh, and they've uploaded most of their old episodes to YT...    

(I may be doing a bit of downloading tonight... )   

• Like 4

Found 2 MT:G card this morning, I ordered one & I'm undecided on the other (right now):

s-l500.jpg

Found it off a seller on the east coast. There is alternate version (fancy border, different artwork) as well, but it comes in both foil & regular. I don't really collect foils, so I held off on that one, for now.

Also acquired yesterday at the FLGS:

90083_Cloaker.png

Nolzur's Cloaker (this guy is big!!). 5e version has a mirror image version (3 clones), so I picked up Bella Nacht stl version to do those up. I like the Nolzur's one, but I don't like that much to buy 4 of them. :lol:

s-l1600.png

The Deva will come much later, for my Saturday group, but figured eh, it was there might as well get it.

Also picked up a few stls off Myminifactory as well (took advantage of a % off sale):

Rocket Pig Games:

720X720-store-thumbnail-insectoidfiend.j

(ie Chasme)

resize-store-thumbnail-killervine.jpg

(ie Assassin Vine)

MGPix

Blood Bowl Squirrels

720X720-squirrels.jpg

Loot Studios

Wolf skeleton

720X720-skeleton-wolf.jpg

Manual Boria (this was the % off code special)

Blood Knight

720X720-bloodknight.jpg

Blight Knight

720X720-blightknight.jpg

Dark/Chaos Knight

720X720-mmf.jpg

Turtlefolk (Pirate)

720X720-tortle-02.jpg

(I didn't think I needed that one, but I've got a boat adventure coming up for my Saturday guys!)

Vae Victius

The Elf Ranger

720X720-01.jpg

Miniatures of Madness

Malyan the Proud

720X720-guerriera-fiera.jpg

• Like 10

Ordered a few things for various projects!

RPG Models T-80U

Tamiya 6mm Masking Tape

Tamiya Square holder thingy (helps prevent spills)

Reaper Minotaur Demon Lord

Master Grade Gunner Zaku Warrior (Lunamaria Hawke Custom)

High Grade Gundam: The Origin #012 MS-04 Bugu (Ramba Ral)

High Grade Gundam: The Origin #025 Zaku II Type -C6/R6

Real Grade Gundam #07 RX-178 Gundam MK-II (Titans)

And yes, I'm so going to have said Minotaur Demon Lord riding said T-80U, mwa ha ha ha ha ^_^

• Like 6
2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ordered a few things for various projects!

RPG Models T-80U

Tamiya 6mm Masking Tape

Tamiya Square holder thingy (helps prevent spills)

Reaper Minotaur Demon Lord

Master Grade Gunner Zaku Warrior (Lunamaria Hawke Custom)

High Grade Gundam: The Origin #012 MS-04 Bugu (Ramba Ral)

High Grade Gundam: The Origin #025 Zaku II Type -C6/R6

Real Grade Gundam #07 RX-178 Gundam MK-II (Titans)

And yes, I'm so going to have said Minotaur Demon Lord riding said T-80U, mwa ha ha ha ha ^_^

I use the insert to hold my bottles of decal set & solvent.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, haldir said:

I use the insert to hold my bottles of decal set & solvent.

I added it in there for two reasons.  First as filler to get to free shipping threshold (tank was $89.99, needed $100 for free shipping), and secondly because I have started occasionally bumping my bottle of Extra Thin glue, so I figure having something around it to provide extra barriers against the "Oops-wonk spill" effect seems like it was worth the $4 or so for a bit of insurance! ^_^  I wonder if my decal stuff would work for such, but no idea (I have the Mr Hobby stuff)....  Okay, I should have picked up four of them, lol

• Like 5

So uh, yeah.  This came in finally, whooo!

20210209_213831.thumb.jpg.362dcd80e734d5f0f83d5fae972b1176.jpg

It's going to be interesting though, since uhh...  Right now I don't have several of the extras I was originally planning on purchasing to go with this kit, aka I haven't even ordered them yet.  A part of me debates about some of those extras due to their cost (Eduard Big Ed, resin weighted wheels, metal landing gear, and tiger stripe masking add up rather quickly), but on the other hand, we're also looking at something that I want to put a lot of time and effort into, doubly so given that I'll be working the colours of a pilot who's flown his last flight into all of this.

• Like 8

It works pretty well. I've got a couple myself. I mainly got em for the panel wash, cause I knew I'd be dipping in & out on that constantly. They connect for some reason too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, haldir said:

It works pretty well. I've got a couple myself. I mainly got em for the panel wash, cause I knew I'd be dipping in & out on that constantly. They connect for some reason too.

Yup, I'm going to need to order four... No five more... *laughs nervously*

Just make life easier so I've got both decal solutions, both glues, and the two panel liners I'll be using (I only have black right now, but plan on also getting grey) 

• Like 5

Went looking for el-cheapo makeup brushes at the dollar store but couldn't find my usual set.  I did find the brush on the left, which I haven't tried yet, but would it would certainly be easy to remember it was for metallics ::D:

That night while ordering tea (the local grocery stores no longer seem to carry my Stash Double Chai...) I threw some other cheapies in as add ons (I think the "expensive ones were $3.something).  They all arrived with my team, so lots of potential dry brushes now.

20210210_IMG_1650.jpg.8eed26a3a8c7236bfbea44aa426fa103.jpg

And stopped by the FLGS yesterday and picked up a terrain piece, since we're waiting on March for any new releases and everything I'm looking for is out of stock with the distributor.

20210210_IMG_1652.jpg.78220be010cc36ce83f2f06f19bc66d1.jpg

I'm planning to put together enough terrain for a 3x6 table for whenever it is warm enough to play in the garage (and get my car out of it), and I think this has some story type scenarios with it as well.

I also ordered a 3x6 battlemat, but I'll post a pic of that whenever it arrives.

• Like 9

Got some new wireless headphones today. Just cheap, store-name Chinese-made plastic, but they work, so now I can listen to music whenever I want and at a level I like without disturbing my neighbors. 

I also got a USB to SATA and IDE converter,that I'm going to use to examine a crate full of old HDDs. Scan them forfiles I want to keep, then take them out to the garage and my drill-press. It should clear up some space for more vital hobby things such as paints...    

Just have to finish downloading Time Team episodes first... 

• Like 7