Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

So one of the local pre-covid Legion players decided to sell his stuff.....

I probably would have resisted but he had an AT-ST, and Jyn Erso (who I haven't been able to get)....

20210210_IMG_1654.jpg.88563ea609f37f0bac6819077ce9ceaa.jpg

There are some things in here I don't need (unique commanders and some units I already had the max of, like Stormtroopers) but this really helps bulk out my Rebels and of course gets me my 2nd AT-ST.

For the extras I'll likely check with the teenager I played most of the times at the store, to see if he needs anything.  And the rest of the extras I'll likely box up and ship out to a friend of mine who just recently picked up the core box and started learning to play.

All the battlefoam is a nice perk too, although I've gone with Feldherr for my foam. Still I'm sure I can find a use for it......

• Like 12
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

So one of the local pre-covid Legion players decided to sell his stuff.....

I probably would have resisted but he had an AT-ST, and Jyn Erso (who I haven't been able to get)....

20210210_IMG_1654.jpg.88563ea609f37f0bac6819077ce9ceaa.jpg

There are some things in here I don't need (unique commanders and some units I already had the max of, like Stormtroopers) but this really helps bulk out my Rebels and of course gets me my 2nd AT-ST.

For the extras I'll likely check with the teenager I played most of the times at the store, to see if he needs anything.  And the rest of the extras I'll likely box up and ship out to a friend of mine who just recently picked up the core box and started learning to play.

All the battlefoam is a nice perk too, although I've gone with Feldherr for my foam. Still I'm sure I can find a use for it......

How is Legion?

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, Smallbunyanga said:

How is Legion?

I like it so far.  I've mostly played skirmish games (500 points, 3x3 table, 5 turns). Usually around 2 hours without rushing.

Hoping to play some full 800 point games (3x6 table, 6 turns) once it gets towards spring and I can set up a table in the garage.

It really helps to have a universe you like.  Not having to go learn the background is nice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I like it so far.  I've mostly played skirmish games (500 points, 3x3 table, 5 turns). Usually around 2 hours without rushing.

Hoping to play some full 800 point games (3x6 table, 6 turns) once it gets towards spring and I can set up a table in the garage.

It really helps to have a universe you like.  Not having to go learn the background is nice.

I was thinking about it once I finished the 2 40k armies I want

• Like 3

I went to town with my mom this morning (normal Thursday for us), I ended up getting a flip style waffle iron for my wife (V-day gift, beats flowers every year). I stopped at the FLGS as I wanted to see if they had Hexwraith Flame or Nighthaunt Gloom (they only carry GW paints), as I was curious on how these would turn out for ghostly paints. They didn't have either so I ended up getting a Pathfinder Deep Cuts devil/cultist pack instead. I figured I'm there, I need to get something.

90092_DiabolicalMystic&ApostateDevil.png

I may use the cultist along with some other cultists & a vrock for a future game encounter.

• Like 9

Picked up these at lunch today:

20210212_IMG_1661.jpg.1307fecddf2fad8af7a61a4441d24e36.jpg

This is actually hobby related. The easiest way to change the nozzle on the ender 3 is with a 6mm socket and a 1/4 drive ratchet.  (You put the nozzle in while the hot end is hot, like 200C, so trying to hold it in place and tighten it with a wrench is tricky).

I've been using the ratchet from one of my sets, but that bugs me because that means it isn't in the case with the rest of the set, so grabbed these on sale when they were only a few bucks more than just buying one of them.  THe other two can go on the peg board out in the garage, since I often end up needing two and this way I won't need to open another case or drawer (I think I've mentioned my tool collection habit before.....).

Now I just need to see if I have spare 6mm socket kicking around so I can put the one I've been using back in the case, or if I'll have to pick one up sometime (the local Canadian Tire often has singles really cheap, presumably from sets that got broken or something.....). I do have a spare can of random sockets we collected while cleaning out my father-in-law's garage a couple years ago when they sold the house.....

• Like 9
3 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Picked up these at lunch today:

20210212_IMG_1661.jpg.1307fecddf2fad8af7a61a4441d24e36.jpg

This is actually hobby related. The easiest way to change the nozzle on the ender 3 is with a 6mm socket and a 1/4 drive ratchet.  (You put the nozzle in while the hot end is hot, like 200C, so trying to hold it in place and tighten it with a wrench is tricky).

I've been using the ratchet from one of my sets, but that bugs me because that means it isn't in the case with the rest of the set, so grabbed these on sale when they were only a few bucks more than just buying one of them.  THe other two can go on the peg board out in the garage, since I often end up needing two and this way I won't need to open another case or drawer (I think I've mentioned my tool collection habit before.....).

Now I just need to see if I have spare 6mm socket kicking around so I can put the one I've been using back in the case, or if I'll have to pick one up sometime (the local Canadian Tire often has singles really cheap, presumably from sets that got broken or something.....). I do have a spare can of random sockets we collected while cleaning out my father-in-law's garage a couple years ago when they sold the house.....

I picked this up back in '19 (ie the Before Times):

714OOQPVqML._SL1500_.jpg

I got it for my Ender 3 & it works pretty darn good, cost was around 10 bucks or so

• Like 5

I've acquired... A Box. :B):

Also picked up quite a bit of tv recently on dvd and bluray - found the first seasons of Fringe (It'll be my first time watching it, never got into it when it aired) and Once Upon A Time at the local Goodwill, scored the first season of The Sentinel for $6 on EvilBuy, bought the second season of Doom Patrol...

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

My girl got me this for Valentine's day.

20210212_125905.jpg

If anything were to qualify for the "it's dangerous to go alone, take this" care package...  Oh yeah.  That looks rather appropriate. 

• Haha 7
8 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I've acquired... A Box. :B):

Also picked up quite a bit of tv recently on dvd and bluray - found the first seasons of Fringe (It'll be my first time watching it, never got into it when it aired) and Once Upon A Time at the local Goodwill, scored the first season of The Sentinel for $6 on EvilBuy, bought the second season of Doom Patrol...

I love Fringe. I watched all of Once Upon a Time, but have to say that the quality was a bit variable...

• Like 4