Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

Finally got my MegaBundle in hand! Got an extra Sample paint bottle out of it that I'll call fruit smoothie red/pink (with a hint of metallic sheen).

I also have the answer to a very important question:

2003165207_Reapermessage.thumb.jpg.a9d4bdbf339ffc7bdfda464dd1fe9a33.jpg

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

Acquired a house.    

Posted Images

Goodies!!

I forgot to post but last time i was in the FLGS I picked up these Nolzur's:

They represent some Northlanders in a upcoming trilogy of Saturday adventures. 

16146078106335502702344264485075.jpg

Next, we went to Nampa, ID yesterday to do some grocery shopping (funny go 30 miles away & the shelves don't look bare compared to home...

Stopped in the F semi-LGS over there & picked up the following:

16146080322102240308366334674344.jpg

(not shown but I did pick up a bottle of GW Hexwraith flame technical paint....no ghost to paint now, but hey I finally got it. ha ha)

Everything will be used in the near future for the Saturday game except the Efreeti. I just picked him up due to his sword was straight & every other package I saw it was bent from the way it was packaged. Also the elf ranger, the one with the bow & arrows is one to see in person as well since the arrows are thin & are wavy on allot of figures I saw, even this one is slightly wavy.

Nice to finally see the Efreeti, genie (should have picked him up too!!), giant snake,  ankheg & the 2 bigguns in the MtG line up in person. Some reason my FLGS doesn't have or won't get those in for some reason. I was hopping to see the Viking box set, but that one wasn't in stock. Normally, I'd have gotten these at the FLGS, but I needed then for an upcoming game.(some this Saturday) Plus, with the bs the FLGS owner is showing me about running D&D AL I figured I could skip buying these there this time around. I'll head up there today or maybe tomorrow to see what's up with that.

• Like 9
On 3/1/2021 at 9:14 AM, haldir said:

Nice to finally see the Efreeti, genie (should have picked him up too!!), giant snake,  ankheg & the 2 bigguns in the MtG line up in person. Some reason my FLGS doesn't have or won't get those in for some reason. I was hopping to see the Viking box set, but that one wasn't in stock. Normally, I'd have gotten these at the FLGS, but I needed then for an upcoming game.(some this Saturday) Plus, with the bs the FLGS owner is showing me about running D&D AL I figured I could skip buying these there this time around. I'll head up there today or maybe tomorrow to see what's up with that.

What's going on with their AL stuff?

• Like 2

Score!    

We were clearing out an office after a user retired(removing the  monitors, dock and all that) when I happened to look into a cabinet...   

(just looking for spare power supplies and stuff like that.)  

What did I find?  

Drawing tools. Rulers, coloured pencils and all kinds of stuff. And among them an unopened box of 20 5packs of scalpel blade no# 15... 

They used to do a bit of cut'n paste in the old days... 

(As in, the user who had this office before before this one used to do it...)

Since no one uses it these days, that box is coming home with me. 

• Like 12
31 minutes ago, SotF said:

What's going on with their AL stuff?

It's not AL itself it's the owners. With our county being downgraded so we can have live events at the store again I figured they would want me to start running games again as I've done since the place opened 2+ years ago. They hired some guy & he is listed to run this week.

I haven't made it up to see what's going on but it's irked me enough to be cross at them for it.

• Like 7

Got tired of FLGS doing the runaround on these figures, so I placed a order this morning with Mini-market.

Wizkids Unpainted: Transformers

Soundwave (when he first came out, my shop said February for it to be in stock, ooookay then. I have plenty of minis to hold me over. Feb has come & no figures in stock. Since the store fully re-opened after the initial shutdowns last spring, ordering has been hit & miss with them. I have 3 Icewind Dale pieces from GF9 that are out but have yet to show up at the store. I would cancel the order but the store has put the order in (back when they were first announced) & I'm not going to stick them with merch that might just sit on the shelves.)

Arcee

Starscream (the last of the 3 initial jetfighters that I wanna make)

Anther reason why I order through MM, was some reason every person on ebay has Soundwave at Nolzur's Beholder prices!!! (WTH?) I was hoping the 2 new models were out but supposedly sometime this month (according to MM).

& to round out the order (since it's coming from MM (ie takes forever)) I picked up one of the new Borealis Chessex sets:

Chessex Polyhedral Dice Set: Borealis Luminary Light Green/Gold

chx27575_1.jpg

• Like 9

So yesterday was my birthday, and while some of my presents were normal stuff, I did get a higher than normal amount of Star Wars stuff, which was excellent.

20210304_IMG_1722.thumb.jpg.bad0f681ca7d106cbcaef5a963786365.jpg

The Chaotic Evil pin isn't SW related but my wife thought it really suited me :devil:.

I keep telling her I'm not Chaotic Evil.  I Chaotic Neutral with evil tendencies.....

The boy got me the sweet picture of our favorite Sith Lord with Troopers. And also the Stormtrooper Hot Wheels, which are really neat.  There is a whole series if them I'd never seen before.....

And my wife also got me a Mandarlorian cloth mask, and Clone Captain Rex for Legion, another one of those boxes it has taken months to get in.

Then today my latest order of foam came in from Feldherr.

20210304_IMG_1717.jpg.fee789bab59dfe1d9e443e5d448c8978.jpg

Left side is a backpack and trays sized for Battletech.  The middle pile is mostly for Star Wars Legion Clones, to go in the FSLB 150 box, plus a few full sized trays for extra figs.  And the right pile is assorted  Legion trays I needed (like a second one for my second AT-ST, and that top one designed to hold the Priority Supplies expansion) and might need going  forward.

Of course I've already noticed at least one I forgot to order (for my second GAVw tank) so there will be at least a small order sometime in the near future.....

• Like 11

Pfff somebody joined the Patreon for Printyourmonsters and got their Dark Water Theme Set and the Welcome Pack.

Somebody also decided to use the Patreon discount of 65% to buy an undead T-rex with rider and a female zombie banner bearer.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Finally stopped at the flgs tonight after dinner. I don't like going in there without coming out with something,  so I came out with this guy:

16149992759251813356982343841324.jpg

Raging troll from Nolzur's.  I've decided to throw a troll at them with the hill giant also in the pic tomorrow. Seperate enemies, so they might end up attacking each other. 

Plus hey look proof that I actually do put paint on minis! All washes applied, eventually I'll do solid colors but figured I'd get some paint on him.

• Like 6
15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Pfff somebody joined the Patreon for Printyourmonsters and got their Dark Water Theme Set and the Welcome Pack.

Somebody also decided to use the Patreon discount of 65% to buy an undead T-rex with rider and a female zombie banner bearer.

That person sounds crazy. I hope you were there to talk them out of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That person sounds crazy. I hope you were there to talk them out of it.

I'm not sure if that person listened to me..

*** Opens chitubox and places supports on an Undead T-Rex****

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Well we needed to cash last year income checks (I think our last "big" ones with the kids now 18 & over....<_<), so & I was actually browsing RVE Discord yesterday & came across Pippd's channel. In it there is a code for "attendees" this year on store purchases & I've had a order in my cart with them for a couple weeks now, so figured eh, why the hell not! Saved 25 bucks + got 5 free gifts for it!

Reaper/Badger 

VEX D Model (Pippd's regular price is 179.99, this entire order was a little over 200. ^_^)

Bones:

Brazier Pillar Tops (10) #77732     
Reaper Miniatures Merrow 77515 x2 ( I did have 3 of this one & the Wargs but 1 each was bought by the time I ordered)
Reaper Miniatures Warg #77202 x2 
Pig & Cart #77657 
Vulture Demon #77262 

Bones USA:

Finn Greenwell, Leprechaun #30003 (I could have waited on this one as hopefully I'll be putting in a order with Reaper itself this weekend)    
Reaper Miniatures Darius the Blue, Wizard #30002 

Dark Heaven Legends:
Reaper Miniatures Barbed Devil #03574 
Reaper Miniatures Drowned Spirit #03727

Free gifts!!
Reaper:
Dungeon Dwellers Orc Warrior of the Ragged Wound Tribe 07007 

DHL: Olaf, Wolf Warrior #02289 
Lindir, Elf Archer #02585

Bones: Kelainen Darkmantle Wizard #77685 

3" Chewoo Squirrel Clip-On Keyclip Small Soft Plush Keychain (of course!!! ::D:)

• Like 9