Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

So talking with a ebay seller here in the state (OR coast city of North Bend) last week about straightness of a mini, I ended up ordering it along with a couple other ones:

Nolzur's

Bearded Devil (this one is a definite must see before buying or you might end up with noodle weapon)

wzk90154_2.jpg

Well needed mini as the prepainted ones are goofy looking. ^_^

Bronze Dragon wyrmling & treasure chest

wzk90152_2.jpg

Deep Cuts

Large Scorpion

wzk90176.jpg

This is a large but it's on the tiny end if you compare it with say Reaper's scorpions & such. It's still a nice mini. I'll pick up a couple more later on.

• Like 8
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

Acquired a house.    

Posted Images

AND YET MORE EXCITEMENT! I just got my Americana order from Deco Art:

DA179 Alizarin Crimson(3)

DA129 True Red(2)

DA083 Black Forest Green(2)

DA348 Light Lime

DA195 Bittersweet Chocolate(2)

DA093 Raw Sienna

DA063 Burnt Sienna

DA153 Eggshell

DSCN0519.thumb.JPG.8d8da99a250c336eee176026a9473387.JPG

I also got a FREE Glass Paint Marker in white.

Nice thing about ordering from Deco Art is they normally have most of their paints in stock including some colors that Michael's & Hobby Lobby no longer carry.

• Like 15

Been promising my son to build a larger train layout for too many years now, so today I bought some of the lumber and assorted bits to make a start on it.  (This is all I’ve made so far, but there is a largish pile of 1x4s that aren’t pictured.). And I finally broke down and picked this box set up for myself

9C46BE01-F3FC-427C-99B0-9439F4B4EA04.jpeg

7A1DD3E5-CF0B-4D4C-ABA9-CFD042AAE9C9.jpeg

• Like 15

Three packges have come in today, with another two to come (well, one's being delivered, the other I'll have to pick up when it gets to the post office because I sent it FlexDelivery)!

20210316_115132.thumb.jpg.30ba9e51dbe9cc7a50119965bffd8274.jpg

^First up, clothing from a Vancouver based company (Nomad Complex) that hubby's wanted to order from for a while now.  The two on the left are his, while the two on the right are mine.  He went for different designs, I said screw it I like the wild dog the most and got a t-shirt and hoodie with the same design on it.  And a matching sticker *whistles innocently*

EDIT: Hubby got the "Listen to your heart" t-shirt as well as the one simply labelled "WHAT?!?" because it was cute, and I got... Uhm, the African Wild Dog t-shirt and hoodie.  And sticker, lol

20210316_120142.thumb.jpg.06964dfa4a952432a989489996b8c8a2.jpg

^More gunpla kits have come in, mwa ha ha ha ha!  I've already tried out those reverse tweezers from Wave.  They're definitely nice, and best of all, they're something I've been trying to find for a while now.  Got a few sheets of waterslide decals in too!

2x Master Grade Char's Zaku II v2.0

Wave Reverse Angled Tweezers

Wave Reverse Straight Tweezers

Wave parts separator

3x Delpi Decal Sheets: MG Gunner Zaku Warrior (Lunamaria Hawke Custom), MG Slash Zaku Phantom (Yzak Jule Custom), and RG mk II Titans.  Wound up getting the Slash Zaku Phantom decals because they'd only let me buy one Gunner Zaku warrior sheet, so I improvised since they're similar sheets!

Love how the reverse tweezers are naturally closed, which will help with holding parts, since my wrists don't quite let me do such due to various reasons.

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 8

7A9A03C9-3D46-4401-A033-37C2715E779B.jpeg.c8ccfec36292aaae0e34e75740455b01.jpeg

My package with the rest of the available Russian flat figures arrived today. Looks like about 166 pieces, if I counted correctly, to add to the 42 previously acquired. So, unless Michigan Toy Soldier gets more (and the Warriors and Battles web site shows dragons, cavemen, and a mammoth...) that defines a limited fantasy environment.

(Why do I do these things to myself? ::P:)

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Stl purchases!!

I've had my eye on this guy for a bit, as he is perfect for a mainboss antagonist in a upcoming Saturday game for my players. More or less he is trying to rally Northlanders back to their cultures by forming a cult dedicated to the old ways such which brings them into conflict with the Ffolk on Alaron in the Moonshae Isles. The ironic thing is he is of mixed heritage & is half Ffolk & half Northlander. He is also the flunky of a demon & Yeenoghu. Anyways game-stats, he is a blackguard in full plate with a beard,  enter this mini from Daybreak Miniatures:

Erasmus du Tranchant 

720X720-erasmus-du-tranchant-01.jpg

Helps too, that they are offering a 50% code right now. ^_^

Still looking for a miniature to rep a boss mini that is one of those creature that is so unique that you can not find anything for it. This might work now:

Rocket pig Miniatures: Madness Monster

720X720-store-thumbnail-madnessmonster.j

Never know when I'll need this: Animated armor from Printed Obsession

720X720-animated-armour-1.jpg

This guy is a cultist with spell powers & is a half-elf: Printing Must Go On  Dark Elf Blackguard

720X720-final-en.jpg

Finally, this guy will work for allot of Northlander miniatures if needed: Fotis Miniatures Human Berserker

720X720-render.jpg

• Like 9

Last of the packages are in.  Hubby's Playstation 5 is here (blurry picture not included), and the package I accidentally had shipped FlexDelivery, so had to pick it up at the post office...

20210316_155206.thumb.jpg.c0924b866fb1b18ccbc409310576aca3.jpg

Yup, 2x 0.5mm Needle/Nozzle combos for my airbrush (that can only be purchased as a pair for some reason), as well as a pair of Tamiya 74123 nippers.

• Like 9
On 3/12/2021 at 9:19 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

20210312_175528.thumb.jpg.0a9dda58e227de6bb3c9dd59b3d21b85.jpg

^XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro graphic tablet for said hubby, as well as an extra glove.  Ever since the box was opened, it's been rather difficult to pry him away from said tablet, so I suspect he likes it.  He's been wanting a graphical tablet to learn how to draw and whatnot, as he prefers the idea of digital.  Even better was the big river site (of doom) had a nice $150 off coupon for the tablet!

I've toyed with the idea of getting something like that but haven't put the time into reading reviews and looking at specs.  If I'm going to spend money I want it to be on something halfway decent...

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, Auberon said:

I've toyed with the idea of getting something like that but haven't put the time into reading reviews and looking at specs.  If I'm going to spend money I want it to be on something halfway decent...

Main thing we've found is its either this or Huion Kamvas.  Hubby wanted the shortcut buttons, so XP-Pen it was. 

At least at this price point.  Go more expensive, of course there are plenty of options. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 5

I ordered a new D600 CoolPix from Nikon (currently out of stock) that will be replacing my recently demise L620 CoolPix.

When it arrives it should look something like this:

26528_B600_front.png.aaa227cbba6c06cc2f4bc67e914c8c21.png

Hopefully it will arrive before I go into photo withdrawal.

• Like 10

Every time that pile of 1x4s gets too small, it seems like I have to buy more.  Fortunately, I think I now have everything cut (after buying still yet more 1x4s, screws, clamps to replace the one that broke, and nails), and it's finally starting to look like something.  (But I still have to buy plywood and 1" foam, and probably more track, and trains, and a power supply for a DCC loco, and . . . . )

image0.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
On 3/15/2021 at 6:37 PM, warlordgarou said:

Been promising my son to build a larger train layout for too many years now, so today I bought some of the lumber and assorted bits to make a start on it.  (This is all I’ve made so far, but there is a largish pile of 1x4s that aren’t pictured.). And I finally broke down and picked this box set up for myself

9C46BE01-F3FC-427C-99B0-9439F4B4EA04.jpeg

7A1DD3E5-CF0B-4D4C-ABA9-CFD042AAE9C9.jpeg

15 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

Every time that pile of 1x4s gets too small, it seems like I have to buy more.  Fortunately, I think I now have everything cut (after buying still yet more 1x4s, screws, clamps to replace the one that broke, and nails), and it's finally starting to look like something.  (But I still have to buy plywood and 1" foam, and probably more track, and trains, and a power supply for a DCC loco, and . . . . )

image0.jpg

What scale?

• Like 5

Received in the mail yesterday:

Nolzur's

Lizardfolk (Shaman & warrior)

wzk90074.jpg

Cloaker

wzk90083.jpg

Pathfinder DC:

(the unarmored one is the bard NPC "bridge" in my Saturday game)

wzk72610_1.jpg

Picked up last night at the FLGS before AL game:

Chessex 16mm Dice Block: Nebula Luminary - Nocturnal w/Blue (12) (like I needed more d6s.....^_^)

chx27757.jpg

• Like 10
2 hours ago, Corsair said:

What scale?

HO.  I finished assembling the rest of the basic benchwork this morning, adding another 13 feet long on that open wall.  It something like a 50 foot loop if you go around the perimeter, ignoring that first box, which is going to be used as the fiddle yard.  HO scale should look pretty good, N scale would have looked amazing, but we'd been accumulating HO stuff since the son's first layout when he was about 5, so changing at this point would be expensive.

• Like 10
43 minutes ago, warlordgarou said:

HO.  I finished assembling the rest of the basic benchwork this morning, adding another 13 feet long on that open wall.  It something like a 50 foot loop if you go around the perimeter, ignoring that first box, which is going to be used as the fiddle yard.  HO scale should look pretty good, N scale would have looked amazing, but we'd been accumulating HO stuff since the son's first layout when he was about 5, so changing at this point would be expensive.

Not sure if you have an ultimate layout in mind, but my grandfather had a pretty extensive set back in the day that went around the entire perimeter of the room.  He built a big trestle bridge just inside the doorway that you had to duck under to get to the center of the room.  Being just a kid at the time, I didn't need to duck and I thought it was the coolest thing to just walk under.

You can also go vertical up the walls.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1