Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

During our break at the FLGS AL game I ended up getting the following Nolzur's mini:

wzk90066.jpg

Mainly for the Flesh Gnawer (first one) but I'll take the spear wielder as well.

• Like 8
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, haldir said:

During our break at the FLGS AL game I ended up getting the following Nolzur's mini:

wzk90066.jpg

Mainly for the Flesh Gnawer (first one) but I'll take the spear wielder as well.

Oh hey, I have those guys in my backlog on my desk.  Definitely fell in love with the first one on sight... 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, haldir said:

wzk90066.jpg

They're definitely better designs than the original Gnoll 2-pack.

Everything's been arriving for me this week.

First up on Monday, a Monster Hunter collectible figurine of Xeno'Jiva Rage Mode or some similar name, a really cool dragon that makes great use of transluscent plastics and paints. Thinking of just using it as is for the Void Dragon presented in Kobold Press's 5E products.

Then Wednesday, four Battle Masters minis off ebay. Two orcs (because I love me some squatty orcs), a goblin and a chaos archer. Sadly, I lack the slotted bases for them at the moment. ::D:

And today, Thursday, a little EM4 Miniatures order from England. One of each of their 3 orc models from that old Grenadier board game, a little baggie of 50 shields, and four monsters from their Lovecraftian range: a nightgaunt, a ghoul and two different models of deep ones.

Still waiting on another Monster Hunter piece and my Reaper order. Maybe next week?

• Like 7
30 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

They're definitely better designs than the original Gnoll 2-pack.

I actually like all of the gnoll sculpts from Wizkids with 1 very annoying factor, the Pathfinder gnolls are smaller then the Nolzur's & side by side you notice it, thus I've yet to pick up those & I really like the sculpts they are just like 25mm vs 28mm in scale.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, haldir said:

I actually like all of the gnoll sculpts from Wizkids with 1 very annoying factor, the Pathfinder gnolls are smaller then the Nolzur's & side by side you notice it, thus I've yet to pick up those & I really like the sculpts they are just like 25mm vs 28mm in scale.

I just think the first ones with the axes, especially the dual-wielding ones, are comically over-designed.

• Like 3

Needed a couple of commoner mini that are warriors, but are older, for a upcoming Northlander trilogy for my Saturday guys & I came across these last time I picked up something off Drivethrurpg. I may try & paint Alys's hair white to show she is older. What is nice, is her shield hand is attached at her wrist & by her sword scabbard. Nice connection. Eadig is a simple 1 piece sculpt. Just happy to finally find something for these two as they are early important NPCs, I hope my players find these two older NPCs entertaining.

Handiwork Games:

347116.jpg

353734.jpg

• Like 11

I won an auction for this guy on Ebay a few days ago, and he arrived today:

300px-Dragon_Ogre_Shaggoth_M04.jpg.a41b0d2aa074fdd8f49807c90ed6c9e8.jpg

(Not the actual figure, just an image from the internet)

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Miniature market got some of my money this month

Scythe was half off

Flatline Veggie Garden and First Martian were 75%off

And then three dragons hopped along for the ride!

Those wascaly dragons!!

• Haha 6
On 4/13/2021 at 11:04 AM, Gadgetman! said:

The first was a bright red, flat cardboard box. didn't even need to look at the label to know that it was from Midlam.   

The peasants Kickstarter, perhaps?  Mine arrived last week...

I had a package of Dark Alliance fantasy 1/72 scale plastics awaiting me when I returned for a trip yesterday:

50999829-9950-49AE-86F2-3016878D2A6B.jpeg.10d56d52107079841a7130a917ee401b.jpeg

I’m thinking that there is a Bronze Age fantasy project coming up sometime soon, to extend the use of the historical Bronze Age armies my son and I have been building.

• Like 9

Cap'n John & I went off to distant Bee Cave primarily for Italian goodies. To kill time we went wandering through Michaels, AND I found a paint rack that was a more manageable size than my sturdy old ones. They had two; SO I snapped them both up:

DSCN0147.thumb.JPG.e05118f72df02c6a58f5bc43dc1e63c1.JPG

Just maybe, my work area will get a little more organized...or not.

• Like 10

Amazon order arrived early! Resin was scheduled for around the 20th. Once my Elegoo runs out (should be soon) I'll be switching over to this!

20210417_153157.jpg

• Like 8

Got my Reaper order today as well as a poster a friend surprise commissioned for the 4e game that Husband ran and ended last year. From the size of the tube it came in it's much larger than anticipated...

We've also made some Miniature Market orders which haven't shipped because pre-orders. We got a lot of the Marvel Champions stuff that we didn't have and that is being released.

This leads me to a question: did Ultra-Pro discontinue the penny sleeves or something? We ordered their new "lite" sleeves in hopes that they are close enough. This wouldn't be a problem if a lot of our games weren't already sleeved/partially sleeved.

• Like 6

Found a copy of Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica at a local yard sale for $5...one 5e book that needs some serious errata because a lot of Simic and Izzet stuff really need to work with the Artificer...

I'd stopped because a family member had mentioned there was a bunch of train stuff for old Lionel trains...unfortunately, all that was on offer was some older electronics that the people had pulled to replace.

• Like 6