Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

27 minutes ago, SotF said:

Found a copy of Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica at a local yard sale for $5...one 5e book that needs some serious errata because a lot of Simic and Izzet stuff really need to work with the Artificer...

I'd stopped because a family member had mentioned there was a bunch of train stuff for old Lionel trains...unfortunately, all that was on offer was some older electronics that the people had pulled to replace.

I remember back in jr high when a friend came to school with a armload of D&D books that he got a yard sale for like 5 bucks total. It was pretty much all the basic red & blue (ie Expert) series of adventures & the box sets. There may have been a few Companion (ie green) books stuff in there too. It was allot & I was jealous, cause they weren't mine!!! :lol:

• Like 7
  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mrs Hamster finished her 3D print job a little early.

I have acquired US citizenship!

So, I came home from work today to find a package from Reaper on my doorstep, addressed to my forum handle. Obviously, I'm confused...I didn't make an order, and if I did I would use my real name. I o

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Got my Reaper order today as well as a poster a friend surprise commissioned for the 4e game that Husband ran and ended last year. From the size of the tube it came in it's much larger than anticipated...

We've also made some Miniature Market orders which haven't shipped because pre-orders. We got a lot of the Marvel Champions stuff that we didn't have and that is being released.

This leads me to a question: did Ultra-Pro discontinue the penny sleeves or something? We ordered their new "lite" sleeves in hopes that they are close enough. This wouldn't be a problem if a lot of our games weren't already sleeved/partially sleeved.

They are still out there. Doing a google on UP penny sleeve, I get a bunch of places to pick em up.

Soft card sleeves

# 81126
UPC: 074427811266

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, haldir said:

They are still out there. Doing a google on UP penny sleeve, I get a bunch of places to pick em up.

Soft card sleeves

# 81126
UPC: 074427811266

Thanks! I'll look into that some more. I think the big problem is they are priced at like $3.50/100 when it shouldn't be more than like $1 for 100. I think we saw a lot on amazon for 1000 for like $45, pretty ridiculous.

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Thanks! I'll look into that some more. I think the big problem is they are priced at like $3.50/100 when it shouldn't be more than like $1 for 100. I think we saw a lot on amazon for 1000 for like $45, pretty ridiculous.

Yah price on Ultra Pro's site is .99 cents for a pack of them. Try a sports card place in your area if you can't find them. I know my shop in town uses them whenever someone pulls a good card from a pack or when he needs to put a card into a hard plastic sleeve.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I did some retail therapy earlier this month, and my orders showed up yesterday.

Lascaux Matt - I hear it has a super matte finish.  It was a little pricey for 250ml, but a mini scale that's still a lot of minis.  I'll have to try it out on something this week.

Davinci Maestro series 11 size 1 & 0 - The popular mini painting brush company I haven't tried yet.  Compared to W&N S7 and R & Co. they seem to run a size larger.  I.e. the Maestro #1 is visually about the same size as my Rosemary #2.  I briefly played with them today.  They are both OK.  My Rosemary #2 has a better point than either Maestro, but both of them have a better point than my Rosemary #1. So there you go, no clear winner in the brush wars. (my W&N is old and not really in competition shape anymore)

4 tier Acrylic nail polish holder - It looks like Reaper now sells something similar. I didn't buy it as a full fledged paint holder. It just needs to be enough to keep my work area a bit more organized.  It looks to hold about 4 dozen dropper bottles, which should cover about any of my projects.  It also fits Golden Fluid Acrylics, but not Liquitex ink.  They are just slightly too large, but can sit at an angle against the next higher tier.  Or just sit on the work area in front of it.

Tiny ceramic well pallet - because why not.  The wells may actually be too small for some of my mixes but I still have the traditional pallet.

Spray mister - When it gets down to 20% humidity paint will even start to dry on my wet pallet. It's now getting to the time of year where it'll be 100% humidity and I'll have the opposite problem, but it will still be usefully to mist the ceramic pallet.

Fingernail painting practice sticks - or stupidly cheap paint swatch system.  It may not work quite how I want, but these are literally pennies apiece. I tried a few out today just to see how it would look. The paint appears uneven because I decided to try making a fast gradient on a couple of the colors.

337231762_PaintSwatch.thumb.jpg.6ffe4628a431c1523537a6ec2499b5f5.jpg

Oh, and two Patreon STL packs.  Archvillian Games for some Dark Elves and Titan Forge to continue the Asian collection I was working on last month.

GwU.GroupPresentation.thumb.jpg.e2a6f54545a5868eb3d5ed77178ada49.jpg

1.jpg?token-time=1620004431&token-hash=R

• Like 10
2 hours ago, Auberon said:

Tiny ceramic well pallet - because why not.  The wells may actually be too small for some of my mixes but I still have the traditional pallet.

Can you tell me where to find the pallet?  I'm looking at options for one with smaller wells than the standard ones.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Serenity said:

Can you tell me where to find the pallet?  I'm looking at options for one with smaller wells than the standard ones.

I simply added one to my last Amazon order.  It was a MEEDEN Ceramic Watercolor Pallet. 24 wells with a ceramic cover.  The cover isn't exactly airtight, but it would slow down moisture loss. It doubles as a mixing space if you like to mix your paint on a tile.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Auberon said:

I simply added one to my last Amazon order.  It was a MEEDEN Ceramic Watercolor Pallet. 24 wells with a ceramic cover.  The cover isn't exactly airtight, but it would slow down moisture loss. It doubles as a mixing space if you like to mix your paint on a tile.

I have been attempting to find a source for those for a while.  I dont know if I was looking in the wrong place or if its a new product but this is the first time i have seen that particular pallette design in the big river site.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I have been attempting to find a source for those for a while.  I dont know if I was looking in the wrong place or if its a new product but this is the first time i have seen that particular pallette design in the big river site.

I'm not sure how long this specific one has been on there, but a pallet of that design has been on Amazon for awhile.  I've taken a pass on ordering one in the past, but that's also how I knew where to look.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Auberon said:

I'm not sure how long this specific one has been on there, but a pallet of that design has been on Amazon for awhile.  I've taken a pass on ordering one in the past, but that's also how I knew where to look.

I have seen them in Cheap Joe's before but i never had enough of things i wanted to justify the cost of shipping.  I also some watercolor pallettes with magnetic or clip on wells that needs to eventually make it to my home...

• Like 4

^You know you've been watching too many animation videos on YouTube when your first thought is "how are you getting that on Ari" instead of "wonder if the kid will faceplant the cake or not" >.>

That looks rather lovely.  Edible flowers, or decorated ones? 

• Like 3

Lots of goodies the past couple days:

Reaper order

RVE Paint Set + the 3 plasma colors.

I was worried about the tray inside as its the first one I've gotten & the bottles were all loose. Apparently, the tray wasn't secure & it righted itself when I fiddled with it. I think I still like the foam better. I will admit I'm getting too many of these cases, :poke:

Bones USA

Romag Davi 3004

Warlord

Iron raven, Templar (ahhhh Warlord, we barely knew yah)

VEX parts

RPR-0029 Quick connect coupler.

Yah I can finally use my Vex!

Tamiya masking tape:

6, 10, 18mm

1mm

Best damn tape for models. Accept no other!

Typhoon paint rack

Tamiya 52 bottle

Robert is awesome!

Cheap airbrush for clear coats. I decided to ditch the Harbor Frieght branded one for this one.

1618955524415849385631618876969.jpg

16189556415661909334057282412070.jpg

16189557084855348566474665392556.jpg

16189557885834476181186112169025.jpg

• Like 8
On 4/19/2021 at 12:22 PM, Auberon said:

I have one of those. 

(I don't use it, though. Takes up too much room on my desk... ) 

Get some door/window seals from a HW store and place along the edge of the lid, and it should seal up nicely. 

You may want to place some rubber on the underside also, as not all of them are completely level, and also to stop them sliding about on the table. 

Though...    

I may have found a better alternative for small well palette...   

push_pop.png.1200925dbd8d5dd5f07cdc78833e3068.png

These are known as 'Push Pop' toys or fidgets, and are made of silicone rubber.

I've gotten hold of a few in white, and are testing them. 

The well is more round and smaller than the ceramic, about the diameter of an AA battery. 

So far, it seems that our regular acrylics(Reaper, Vallejo, Scale75 and so on) works fine.

There may be an issue with Tamiya X-paints, and I also need to test with some primers, varnishes and special thinners/additives. 

Works fine = just pop each well to eject the dried paint from it. 

• Like 5