Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

P1030275.thumb.jpg.6ce9c7f03b68be939cbba9df44990578.jpg

Ohhhhhh yeah, my Yujiao Land Zaku II Command Type resin conversion kit is in.  Couldn't resist doing a fancy "all the parts in one space" kind of shot for the Zaku II, even if that particular kit isn't going to see the desk for a little while (the Zaku I Sniper won over my heart)

• Like 7
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad I didn't stock up on these kits in the 80s......:poke: (then again, I was around 11 or 12 when these were out)

s-l1600.jpg

Picked it up at a 'premium/vintage' price but at least I found one with free shipping (& from the Mid-west too vs East coast sellers). I've got a aftermarket decal of the same markings so I'm not worried about the age of the kit decals. Looking forward to this one as Bob Glidden was one of my favorites back in the day.

Funny thing is I remember seeing this at the local supermarket in the toy section back in the day. ::P:

• Like 8

Ordered a few hobbying things today, specifically to have separate sanding tools for resin...

- Infini Softback sanding sponges (one pack of each): 220, 400, 600, 1000, 1500, 2500, and 4000 grits

- DSPIAE aluminum sanding boards, 25mm wide: 1x black, 1x red, 1x blue

- DSPIAE adhesive sandpaper: 180, 280, and 400 grit

- HIQ Parts 3.5mm mono eye housings: one pack SP Plate, one pack HD plate

- HIQ Parts Dome Lenses, Medium (3x each 3mm, 3.5mm, and 4mm, one pack of each): Aurora, Green

I would have gone with just 1x red and 2x black sanding boards, but they only had one of each colour, so I guess my resin stuff will be red and blue!

Oh yeah, also ordered a small K&F Concepts 25mm ballhead with quick release plate for some video projects I'm planning.  If they pan out, I'll eventually replace it with a higher quality one if needed.

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 7
49 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ordered a few hobbying things today, specifically to have separate sanding tools for resin...

- Infini sanding sticks (one pack of each): 220, 400, 600, 1000, 1500, 2500, and 4000 grits

- DSPIAE aluminum sanding boards, 25mm wide: 1x black, 1x red, 1x blue

- DSPIAE adhesive sandpaper: 180, 280, and 400 grit

- HIQ Parts 3.5mm mono eye housings: one pack SP Plate, one pack HD plate

- HIQ Parts Dome Lenses, Medium (3x each 3mm, 3.5mm, and 4mm, one pack of each): Aurora, Green

I would have gone with just 1x red and 2x black sanding boards, but they only had one of each colour, so I guess my resin stuff will be red and blue!

Oh yeah, also ordered a small K&F Concepts 25mm ballhead with quick release plate for some video projects I'm planning.  If they pan out, I'll eventually replace it with a higher quality one if needed.

Your order reminds me I need to order some new medium grit sanding sticks. Mine took a beating on my last model. I think I'm gonna order those & some of those Tamiya sponges. Scalemodeling channel on Youtube has convinced me I need those. lol

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, haldir said:

Your order reminds me I need to order some new medium grit sanding sticks. Mine took a beating on my last model. I think I'm gonna order those & some of those Tamiya sponges. Scalemodeling channel on Youtube has convinced me I need those. lol

Which ones, the DSPIAE or the Infini ones?  Infini Softback sanding sponges are soooooooo nice for curved surfaces - at least the ones where you can get a 1" thick 1" wide sanding sponge into.  For DSPIAE I use their 5mm sponges, but over time I'll also get some of the 2mm ones for really tight areas.  Well, get more of them. 

Edit: sorry about that, I didn't realize I had written sanding sticks, probably because Hobby Sense has them listed as Softback sanding sponge sticks O_o  I have no experience with their sanding sticks, only the Softback sponges in stick form.  I'd pick up the firm sticks, but haven't found a place in Canada that sells them yet - we'll, sells them and has stock... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 3

Most likely I'll probably go with Flex-i-file's sticks. Since Squadron is out of business now, thou I will admit, I really didn't like their new shape, so FiF is my preferred. I think I'll start off with what Scalemodeling uses & go with Tamiya 400 & 600. He uses his mainly for paint prep. Since Tamiya numbers theirs in a weird way vs traditional sanding grits. I figured I'd just work my way that way.

I nee scale distributors, so anther order with Hobbylinc might in line. I'm not a fan of the wait period for getting orders, but they haven't done me wrong on any order I've done with them.

Speaking of models.....apparently NM to eastern OR is a time jump or something cause I got my order today.....I'll post pics tomorrow.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Which ones, the DSPIAE or the Infini ones?  Infini Softback sanding sponges are soooooooo nice for curved surfaces - at least the ones where you can get a 1" thick 1" wide sanding sponge into.  For DSPIAE I use their 5mm sponges, but over time I'll also get some of the 2mm ones for really tight areas.  Well, get more of them. 

Edit: sorry about that, I didn't realize I had written sanding sticks, probably because Hobby Sense has them listed as Softback sanding sponge sticks O_o  I have no experience with their sanding sticks, only the Softback sponges in stick form.  I'd pick up the firm sticks, but haven't found a place in Canada that sells them yet - we'll, sells them and has stock... 

Sunward Hobbies probably has the largest selection of hobby supplies in Canada, but I'm not sure if they have those particular sanding thingies.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Sunward Hobbies probably has the largest selection of hobby supplies in Canada, but I'm not sure if they have those particular sanding thingies.

Oh yeah, Sunward is good, just sadly they don't have half the stuff I like to use.  Then again, the Infini Softback sanding sponge (sticks) are arguably fairly niche, but they're rather beloved by gunpla builders.

• Like 4

Haven't opened it yet, but just got the plastic stone bridge kit from Warlord, with the discount card for purchases at the local store I had that was expiring despite the extended durations of them (You get a card which increases the percentage off of a single item each time you DM something there and it normally expires a year after the most recent addition to it...and the owner upped that thanks to things ending for Covid stuff), so 8 bucks for the bridge kit was a rather good deal there.

• Like 7

Finally, after at least 9 months of waiting, Death Troopers are available again.

20210504_IMG_1893.jpg.55a8d8bad0f707caf78806c0b1460df0.jpg

So, with the exception of 1 eWeb, my Imperial forces are caught up I believe (excluding a couple of special instances, where I coulduse a 4th Royal Guard or a 4th Death Troopers).

Wouldn't hurt to get those just in case I suppose.......

• Like 6

Now that I finally have access to a FLGS and art store again, I'm going to try stuff.

1046486252_Newartstuff.thumb.jpg.34b71152088998ab0a36ed57bfcf6eca.jpg

Watercolor pencils (useful for free hand lining), ultra matte varnish that was on sale, a Raphael synthetic, and several bottles of GSW primer in sufficient volumes.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7

Got them several weeks ago, but by latest Midlam Miniatures collection: Bloody Peasants!

Sickles:

390089839_MidlamMiniatures_BloodPeasants_Sickles.thumb.jpg.a704366e7914db13658f4b017c68bc2e.jpg

Scythes:

474034731_MidlamMiniatures_BloodPeasants_Scythes.thumb.jpg.644421582306b92dab65ce75d85edac5.jpg

Rakes:

2089423683_MidlamMiniatures_BloodPeasants_Rakes.thumb.jpg.34b0536bbc6ef98b622e2d0f0f683d84.jpg

Seed sewers:

1775229426_MidlamMiniatures_BloodPeasants_Seeders.thumb.jpg.07bb3bd02650ba1aaa88fc191f81ccae.jpg

Pitchforks:

188767366_MidlamMiniatures_BloodPeasants_Pitchforks.thumb.jpg.27cf3cbf409675e85b2784f2a5f99dab.jpg

Flails:

362183774_MidlamMiniatures_BloodPeasants_Flails.thumb.jpg.f0c35211175e72af1a7f84f05d59155d.jpg

Bonus hay stacks, where the more total people pledged, the more hay we got:

1521166187_MidlamMiniatures_BloodPeasants_Haystacks.jpg.eb3b5de5f8a2810b850b3959665dfd43.jpg

These farmers mean business!

• Like 10

Ok Rakes, I swear at first I thought she was attacking either with a Boom mic or a large bbq'ed hot dog. :lol:

Nice minis. I may have to go in on a Midlam KS sometime.

• Like 1