Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got another pair of cheapo dragons of aliexpress, from the same assortment as my last two from last year (off Wish that time, thankfully these were a tad cheaper).

Randomized again, so this one had a sparkly blue King Ghidorah-ish one, and an orange bipedal type with three short horn and a large rear crest not unlike those of a triceratops or other ceratopsid, plus a flat scorpion's stinger. I like em. Though orangey's wings were attached on backwards and instead of being glued the parts almost seem FUSED so that wasn't a fun task cutting out to put in the proper position.

• Like 7

Just found this lost relic at a thrift store for five bucks... ::D:

Starhunter tv series featuring Michael Pare...

(Somehow, I managed to not know this existed until now.)

MV5BMTk4NTE2Mzk5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjk3

image.png.1f10ae44d709fe51fe301a623c7d45a0.png

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 10

Daughter wanted to go get some flowers for Thumper's gravesite, so I ended up stopping into the FLGS for a little bit of retail therapy. I got to talk with the owner for a bit & using my store points I picked up the following:

Nolzur's

Aboleth

wzk90258.jpg

Juvenile Kraken

wzk90255.jpg

• Like 8
13 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Just found this lost relic at a thrift stor for five bucks... ::D:

Starhunter tv series featuring Michael Pare...

(Somehow, I managed to not know this existed until now.)

MV5BMTk4NTE2Mzk5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjk3

But that's only 22 episodes out of 44?

Starhunter: Transformations is the next 22 episodes.

Or you could get the collected works as Starhunter 2300...   

Oh, and the Starhunter REDUX is the Director's cut with re-edited scenes to more closely follow the original script.   

Maybe it'll show up on DVD one day? 

• Like 2

I'm redoing my computer area, so a few things came in today from Big A river site:

Rolling CPU stand (I've been wanting to move the CPU off the floor for years + the place the computer will be at will under the table now, so figured make it easier to get to if need be)

30.7 x 11.8 x 0.12 inches gaming mousepad (not like I actually play games at my computer these days, but I liked the size)

SATA cable, more or less this was a blind purchase, as I'm gonna be adding in my 3rd hard drive this week & I have no idea what awaits me inside my Dell case.

L shaped Desk will arrive later this week.

I also received a hobby order from one of my new favorite online shops (Burbank Hobbies in Cali) yesterday:

Couple of Flex-i-file Medium grit sanding sticks (mine current ones are shot)

Tamiya 2mm & 3mm tape for curves.

Today I picked up a few stls off MMF to complete the missing stuff for RCon games:

720X720-printnplay-catalog-sept.jpg

720X720-untitled-4478.jpg

720X720-untitled-5023.jpg

720X720-compo-mmf-05.jpg

• Like 8

Hubby is bestest hubby....  He picked me up a few things....

the-rook.jpg

^Industria Mechanika Rook

O1CN01g5f9992I5Dujngj4R__877079234_1024x

^Zero Gravity Judge (photo borrowed from Shokunin Gunpla's website) - Aug/September pre-order

• Like 7
5 hours ago, haldir said:

I'm redoing my computer area, so a few things came in today from Big A river site:

Rolling CPU stand (I've been wanting to move the CPU off the floor for years + the place the computer will be at will under the table now, so figured make it easier to get to if need be)

30.7 x 11.8 x 0.12 inches gaming mousepad (not like I actually play games at my computer these days, but I liked the size)

SATA cable, more or less this was a blind purchase, as I'm gonna be adding in my 3rd hard drive this week & I have no idea what awaits me inside my Dell case.

L shaped Desk will arrive later this week.

I also received a hobby order from one of my new favorite online shops (Burbank Hobbies in Cali) yesterday:

Couple of Flex-i-file Medium grit sanding sticks (mine current ones are shot)

Tamiya 2mm & 3mm tape for curves.

Today I picked up a few stls off MMF to complete the missing stuff for RCon games:

720X720-compo-mmf-05.jpg

Who made this one?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Who made this one?

Bite the Bullet

They had a month of Pathfinder looking goblins. (Like 5 sculpts).

• Like 3

Stopped at the game store earlier, got the D&D Wilderness Kit and another Anhurian Cavalry to convert for the unit of them I've been working on slowly

• Like 8

Go a bag of plastic succulents for scifi scatter terrain. Wife needed a bigger order to get free shipping so that was my contribution. She ended up snagging a few for a tiny ornamental pot in the bath room butt still lots left for me. Need to stick them to some bases.

• Like 10

Got a couple of packages whilst I was gone. I have more stuff I don't have pictures of yet.

First photo has:

• Large pencil box
  • Small paper cutter
  • Aleene's Tacky Glue x2
  • Vallejo Earth Texture (desert)

20210615_165128.thumb.jpg.9115e0518edfed0f654c33ce9334da42.jpg

Second photo:

• Small cutting mat
  • Chisels and bag (that I may not actually need anymore...)

20210615_165210.thumb.jpg.ec06175de7e6c45deff5631a09754da6.jpg

• Like 10

Got photos of the rest of my package's contents.

• 1 set of 18 Marie's water mixable oil paints
  • 20 prismacolor pencils in 4 different colors
  • 1 Vanish eraser
    • Seriously love these they erase almost anything without smudging.
  • 1 - 16 oz bottle of Winsor & Newton brush cleaner and restorer
  • Flower palettes x2
    • I thought these were ceramic when I ordered them. They are plastic. Nice size for what I need them for though.
  • SoHo studio wipes
    • Got these on a whim. Probably won't use it on brushes though.

20210615_193638.thumb.jpg.1fc2d9723cdcde7efee9c6ab50bf841a.jpg

20210615_182629.thumb.jpg.dd1309691e0da33fd24e4420a9c743d9.jpg

• Like 10

Today's acquisitions from Hobbytown in Boise, ID (that store has changed a bit since I was last there in August 2018). Allot more variety of paint, barely any Testor's paints (which tbh in not surprising considering "C"Rustoleum stance on them anymore. Lotsa of gunpla, kits, bit, etc. Better RPG/mini section (barely any Reaper stuff thou), etc.

Tamiya

TS29 Semi-gloss Black spray (really wish they'd offer this one in say the Primer size cans!!!)

TS8 Italian Red spray

Vallejo

Ground texture snow (small bottle)

Vallejo Game Color: Blue Ink

Evergreen plastic 

9060 - .060" (1.5MM) PLAIN OPAQUE WHITE POLYSTYRENE SHEET

I think the best part about today thou was my wife wanted to stop in at a farm supply store (D & B Supply, not sure if they are anywhere else), but looking around I came upon a plexiglass stand that had 3 little rabbits inside for sale. One was white with black dots over the upper half, anther was "caramel candy bar" color with grey mixed in & anther I couldn't really tell as it was tucked inside a hidey hole structure. They were cute to watch for a bit.

• Like 8