Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

No purchases at the FLGS tonight, other then one of the players (a good friend of mine) had car problems earlier in the week & he said he wasn't going to be able to make it for the rest of the month, so I told him to order a ticket anyways & I'd pay it in store for him today. He had car problems again today, so he wasn't able to make it anyways, but the store owner allowed me to move his ticket to next week instead.

Also, I did get some inspiration for a combat encounter tonight due to the mini used. I'm gonna see how much the store wants for the miniature that was used. 

Also, doing a Google tonight, I came across a shop in California that had Tidal Lurkers IN STOCK!!!! I ordered a couple (to go with the one I have already), paid a little bit more in shipping but at least I've got extra coming! Just a cool looking miniature & I really didn't feel like printing that one out vs using the Reaper model.

• Like 8
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Acquired, anniversary present from/to the wife:

image.png.29d040da7eafd02ac75351b9e3f77f74.png

Good to see you'll be there this year!

• Like 4

Placed my order for the Mega Bundle Swag box this morning.

I also tweaked & refined my tribute miniature to Thumper today & purchased it along with anther ReaperCon Heroforge miniature. As that mini is a important NPC/villain in one of my RCon games, I won't show him here. Lets just say he is a pirate of sorts. ^_^

Also included with Thumper's mini, is her name on the bottom. We have no clue when she was born, so I didn't feel like just putting date on there & the day she died. Looking forward to printing this one & painting it as well. It may be the motivation I need to get back into painting more on a regular basis.

Thumper screenshot (1).png

• Like 10

Awhile ago I ordered a Savage Ring Lamp for my photo attempts from Blick Art. It came from the manufacturer AND arrived today.

It is a bit more complicated than my of busted up florescent ring, but it may well be worth a bit of practice:

46973-1012-M-4ww.jpg.f7f5625c1179e188e7ceefdf5a11ba21.jpg

This should be interesting...maybe.

• Like 10

So with Bones V to start shipping soon, and considering several of us are getting the pirate ship, I was in the mood for a while to get a rival ship.

So I got the other one from WizKids:

1557686165_Theotherpirateship.thumb.jpg.fb491cd272bd6d149e216d240b6767e5.jpg

I also have no idea where I'll be storing this one.

• Like 11
39 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Got some empty space overhead? It'd look really cool hanging from the ceiling like a model airplane.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

So with Bones V to start shipping soon, and considering several of us are getting the pirate ship, I was in the mood for a while to get a rival ship.

Sophie's Revenge will send it down to Davey Jones' locker!

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Got some empty space overhead? It'd look really cool hanging from the ceiling like a model airplane.

Here in Norway we have a model sailing ship hanging down from the ceiling in most churches. 

And it's hung so that it always points towards the front of the church.    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Votive_ship    

So mind where it points...

• Like 6

Finished my Red Box Games End of Business buy;

1 x Halfling Female Cleric / Mage Bonnie Brightmorning (RBG0503) = $6.00
1 x Demonic Acolyte Zhuura (RBG0909) = $8.00
1 x Yrsa the Accursed (RBGSP0002) = $10.00
1 x Ingrior (RBG0055) = $8.00
1 x The Rogue Ravenna (RBG0040) = $8.00
1 x Thea the Swift (RBG01013) = $9.00
1 x priestess - Half clad (RBG01002) = $9.00
1 x Dagny of the dawn (RBG0039) = $8.00
1 x Edele (RBG0040) = $8.00
1 x Svjanna the sinister (RBG0067) = $8.00
1 x Red Meaghan (RBG0135) = $9.00
1 x Maother Hermione (RBG0????) = $9.00
1 x Magda from Afar (RBG0136) = $9.00
1 x Katherine of Chalton (RBG0127) = $9.00
1 x Bad Betty (RBG0134) = $8.00
1 x Berochlene (RBG0112) = $9.00
1 x Gunvor the Strong (RBG0233) = $9.00
1 x Gudridr the Golden (RBG0240) = $9.00
1 x Astrid of the Stones (RBG0064) = $9.00
1 x The Lady Nyvenne (RBG0403) = $9.00
1 x Demonic Females A (RBG0906) = $35.00

• Like 10
14 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Just put it on the Reaper ship's deck..:ph34r:

• Haha 5
23 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I've got that one. I almost didn't partake in the Reaper one. I wish I could bring that one for my ReaperCon games, as one will have a battle on a ship, but alas cargo space......

Nothing really exciting, but anther check off on critters for ReaperCon games arrived today.

s-l500.jpg

(Pathfinder Battles, large size base) 4 each.

Also arrived yesterday from UPS (& yes UPS arrived at their usual 6 to 8 pm time....)

new computer desk: more room = more junk around the computer area!!! :ik_oops:

351edf6e-74b0-4e78-8abc-d475e0de8322.__C

(just one "L" shaped desk, I also opted for the carbon fiber look tops as well.) Currently clearing out the area so I can start assembly!!) The move means I'll be moving the Ender 6 & nightstand over to where my Epson printer is & I'll move that closer to the printer.

Also ordered a new roll of Gaming Paper (this is off white color). I need to redraw the We be Goblin maps & such. I found that is was allot easier & gameplay was smoother drawing out the final scene beforehand. Heck one year I did the map in the overnight hotel before flying out. ^_^

• Like 9

Special order (the crossovers) came in the other day, so when the son and I went to pick them up, something else dropped into the cart.  Now he has a current locomotive (instead of one being made in the late 1990s, or earlier).  It's DCC equipped, with sound, lights, and more functions than we can use (until we get the DCC controller, but those are rarer than hen's teeth right now).  And my wife (and I)  thought gaming stuff was expensive. . . .

IMG-4209.jpg

• Like 9