Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

On 6/18/2021 at 7:22 PM, Mad Jack said:

Got some empty space overhead? It'd look really cool hanging from the ceiling like a model airplane.

That model doesn't work that well hanging from the ceiling. The decks are card sheets (I believe, a friend managed to get ahold of the painted version), and it's waterlined, so you have an undershide that doesn't really work for it.

• Like 4
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Acquired yesterday: 

Tidal lurker x2!!

Quick shipping from a game store in Berkley, California.  (Anyone need any, they had like 8 in stock IIRC)

Seems odd to see em in retail packaging. ^_^

44099_w_1.jpg

• Like 9

After much toing and froing, decided not to get the new Age of Sigmar starter set and pick up the handful of stuff I wanted off Ebay instead (I was in that weird spot where I wanted enough that neither option stood out as the best):-

Valkyrie,

Knight with Bird-Hound (Not sure what the Bird-Hound thinks of his master wearing his big brother as a cape),

Mounted Orc Knight,

Orc Banner-bearer,

Orc Shaman with Apprentice,

Orc Knight with Apprentice.

• Like 8

Order with Gnomish Bazaar came in today!! I finally ordered off their website vs bay of E.

Pathfinder Deep Cuts: Nymph & Dryad (90265)    

D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Satyr & Dryad (90018) x 2    
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Spiders (72558)    

WizKids Deep Cuts: Stag (73550)    
Vallejo Game Wash: Umber Wash (73.203)    
Vallejo Game Ink: Black (72.094)    
Vallejo Game Ink: Brown (72.092)    
Vallejo Game Ink: Sepia (72.091)    
Vallejo Game Ink: Green (72.089)    
Vallejo Game Ink: Green (72.089)
Vallejo Game Wash: Pale Grey Wash (73.202)

Reaper Bones: Goblin Command (2) (77349) 
Reaper Bones: Wererat Berserker (77293)    x 2

Also went into the local Dollar Tree & lo & behold, they had the RPG Dice sets. They are kinda of copper color with white numbers. I picked up 3 due to one of my Saturday players only has 1 set of dice, so gonna give a set to him & I figured give the other 2 to my other players as well.

• Like 8

F7721EE6-FFD6-4A67-A842-FEB7ABE43F9C.jpeg.2526bb9c7ba4a28ba7135a8073ef102c.jpeg

A rather imposing tome arrive today.  I think I’m getting back into a period I sold off some years ago … but in a different scale this time. I was confident enought that I passed on the reference books, so now they need to be reacquired. ::P: But there isn’t enough space to always keep everything …

• Like 11

Stopped at the Dollar Tree, was hoping to be able to grab their He-Man figures that have been around to use either as characters following a repaint or statues, but they were out.

I did find an interesting thing with 2 winged unicorns. One is FAR to big, but the second is a rather tiny one that is pretty much dead on for a unicorn or pegasus for cheap...I might go back and grab a few more to make a few different ones.

• Like 10
16 hours ago, SotF said:

Stopped at the Dollar Tree, was hoping to be able to grab their He-Man figures that have been around to use either as characters following a repaint or statues, but they were out.

I did find an interesting thing with 2 winged unicorns. One is FAR to big, but the second is a rather tiny one that is pretty much dead on for a unicorn or pegasus for cheap...I might go back and grab a few more to make a few different ones.

When I bought those rpg dice, I seen the Incredibles (all of them but Jack Jack). I thought about getting them & repainting them, but a) repainting them b)the logo would be difficult to try & replicate.

• Like 5

I got a book about off-center wood turning yesterday. 

Today I got an USB to PATA (both 3.5 and 2.5" drives) adapter, in the hope of scanning and throwing away a crate of old HDDs that has accummulated...   

On wednesday I got a new bike, a horribly orange-coloured version that I only picked because it had 26" wheels, and a low step. 

(I'm already working on converting it to Electric using parts from my old bike, which just so happened to have 26" wheels)   

Today I ordered a bottle of B/W film developer, because the old one is... old... and there's not all that much left in the bottle. 

(Processed 9 x 120 films today. Messy)   

Also ordered a couple of chemical bottles of the 'accordion' types since chemicals last longer if the air is removed.   

• Like 9

Picked up a few stls off Myminifactory tonight, mainly for next Saturday's game.

720X720-loxodon-04.jpg

Manuel Boria Elephant Barbarian. He will be a barbarian pregen for ReaperCon.

720X720-kenku-05.jpg

Anther one by Manuel, Ravenfolk. This one too is a ReaperCon pregen, a Kenku artificer.

720X720-untitled-2354.jpg 720X720-untitled-2358.jpg

Duncan Shadow Undead T-Rex

720X720-01.jpg

The King by Vae Victis. This will double as an actual King NPC & for a statue in the garden.

• Like 11
6 hours ago, haldir said:

When I bought those rpg dice, I seen the Incredibles (all of them but Jack Jack). I thought about getting them & repainting them, but a) repainting them b)the logo would be difficult to try & replicate.

I've seen piles of those in the local one.

Near the beginning of the month, I'd grabbed a set of the He-Man ones (They had one full set and a few of Orko at the time) because my cousin's kid was having a birthday, and he's been having fun with his fathers old He-Man stuff, so I'd grabbed those for him...wanted a few of my own to mess with.

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Today I ordered a bottle of B/W film developer, because the old one is... old... and there's not all that much left in the bottle. 

(Processed 9 x 120 films today. Messy)   

I haven’t done any darkroom work since ~2006.  120 was my least favorite format; you could shoot it quickly, but my developing canister would only take one roll (12 frames, usually, although I had a 6x12 film holder for a 4”x5” camera) where it would hold two 36 frame rolls of 35mm, and once developed, it was harder to work with the negatives than it was with the 4x5s.  The extra film area made nice prints, but a lot of work…

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

I haven’t done any darkroom work since ~2006.  120 was my least favorite format; you could shoot it quickly, but my developing canister would only take one roll (12 frames, usually, although I had a 6x12 film holder for a 4”x5” camera) where it would hold two 36 frame rolls of 35mm, and once developed, it was harder to work with the negatives than it was with the 4x5s.  The extra film area made nice prints, but a lot of work…

I think I did my previous films in 2018... These looks mostly like 2019 pictures(sorry, can't post them, my Canon LiDE 500F scanner isn't supported in Win10x64, so I'll have to get a new one).

I work mostly 120, and can fit two rolls in my Paterson System 4 tank. (or 3 x 135 rolls)

But my camera is an ONDURama 6x17 panoramic pinhole camera(from their second KS. They have an even sweeter one in the store now)    

SO I only get 4 pictures on a single roll...   

I have a couple of boxes of slightly expired 135 B/W film(Fuji Neopan 1600 and Ilford 400, expired way back in 2006 or so) which I guess I could run through my ONDU 135, or my Horizon 202 swing-lens panoramic.    

Or even the Lomokino I bought on 'that's too silly, I got to have it' budget...  

Lomokino.thumb.jpg.84e93709676f061bf6fd49eab34a9ae3.jpg

Yeah, manual moviecamera using 135 film. 

I'm considering adding an extra tank to the heap, because I absolutely hate drying it off between each round of processing. 

I'm using a darkroom bag, not a full darkroom for this, and I do NOT want moisture inside the bag. 

• Like 6