Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

On 6/25/2021 at 4:56 PM, Rob Dean said:

F7721EE6-FFD6-4A67-A842-FEB7ABE43F9C.jpeg.2526bb9c7ba4a28ba7135a8073ef102c.jpeg

A rather imposing tome arrive today.  I think I’m getting back into a period I sold off some years ago … but in a different scale this time. I was confident enought that I passed on the reference books, so now they need to be reacquired. ::P: But there isn’t enough space to always keep everything …

Oh, that's lovely.  I bookmarked it for future reference, but I think next year (circumstances permitting), I will be starting on either Nappies or ACW in a serious way, but I would like to wargame that period at some point in the future.

• Like 4
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/28/2021 at 10:13 PM, warlordgarou said:

Oh, that's lovely.  I bookmarked it for future reference, but I think next year (circumstances permitting), I will be starting on either Nappies or ACW in a serious way, but I would like to wargame that period at some point in the future.

It looks very useful to a wargamer.  The maps are very nice.  Another piece of this initative arrived yesterday:

9174610B-1784-4A82-9070-4DCA03AD6BC2.thumb.jpeg.9a1ffe07b656791be686338d0f181273.jpeg

That’s 16 of 20 boxes “needed” to build the upper limit of what I’d do for this.  3 boxes of heavy armored horse (12 figures) and 1 box of command figures (flags, drums, officers, ~16) are supposed to be on the way.  I haven’t painted many 54s lately, but I’ve had my 54mm medievals out for a game a couple of weeks ago; I think I can get back into it.

• Like 9

And today I got a box from Reaper with reinforcements for my Stargrave crew and a nice royal blue sample paint, and a box with three English Civil War books. I popped a selection of Chronoscope things

in soap and water; I’d better start painting while I have inspiration. 

• Like 9

Today in "books for RPGs I'll probably never actually get to play":

0AEBF4C0-242F-462F-B6B2-7AE3B080D15A.thumb.jpeg.a315de0118c548c6b85f7880f1a8b59f.jpeg

DCC is familiar-feeling, has a real old-school vibe. The KS for The Dying Earth got me to jump on into this. As much as I didn't care for Vance's writing, the world is great. This system fits it perfectly from what I've read so far. Think it'll be fun.

Paleomythic is a rules-light prehistoric game, not my usual bag at all, but, oh man, it's a ridiculously beautiful book. The artwork is among the best I've seen since I don't know when. Wish there was more of it, but anyway. Haven't really dug into this one yet, but, again, prolly won't ever even play. Such is life and all.

Then to go with DCC, also I got in my weird dice from Impact Miniatures (had a hiccup with the order, and they were GREAT about fixing it, fwiw). My first encounter with Zocchi dice or whatever they're called. They're kinda neat! Certainly weird lol.

13EDF6FA-7D81-4529-A392-D39D65DF88F7.thumb.jpeg.6bc9364ae8d5b9b22c8b15197d6177f5.jpeg

• Like 13

Had a few things come in over the last few days.

20210703_IMG_2109.jpg.9ca2084fc6205041e6df998fba55a589.jpg

Camera makes it hard to tell that is a porcelain 24 well palette.  Someone on here got one a while ago and it's been sitting in my cart ever since.

The blue is a 18 inch flexible ruler.  Was watching a Terrain Studio video a while ago and thought it would come in handy (whenever I get to building stuff at least).  Was sitting in my cart as well.

Trees.   Was looking at what I had for terrain and felt some trees were needed. Will see how these are once I get a chance to actually do something with them.

Wookiees.  Was watching an AMG live stream about the new Wookiees coming out, and they mentioned that these older ones were being replaced by the new ones, so grabbed a couple more boxes of the old ones before they are gone.

• Like 12

Updated my list of old Ral Partha AD&D miniatures today. Some I have still in the blister packs, some are just loose. (Not counting any of the box sets.)

Out of 147 SKUs in the 11-XXX Monsters series, I now only need 38 more to complere the series...

Out of 42 SKUs in the 11-XXX Personalities (combined Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance) series, I only need 9 more.

Out of the 11-XXX Planescape series I have 26 out of the 45...

Out of the 11-XXX Ravenloft series I have 16 out of the 26...

The quest continues.

• Like 11

Picked up a Trapdoor Springfield rifle today, made in 1875, this is the type of rifle used by Custer's troops at the Little Big Horn. Also picked up some HALO minis for Starfinder, might be a little big, but there is a limited selection of female scifi figures, hope they will work.

trapdoor1.jpg

trapdoor2.jpg

• Like 10
20 hours ago, Corsair said:

Picked up a Trapdoor Springfield rifle today, made in 1875, this is the type of rifle used by Custer's troops at the Little Big Horn. Also picked up some HALO minis for Starfinder, might be a little big, but there is a limited selection of female scifi figures, hope they will work.

That's history!

I like it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 7/3/2021 at 6:56 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Had a few things come in over the last few days.

20210703_IMG_2109.jpg.9ca2084fc6205041e6df998fba55a589.jpg

Camera makes it hard to tell that is a porcelain 24 well palette.  Someone on here got one a while ago and it's been sitting in my cart ever since.

The blue is a 18 inch flexible ruler.  Was watching a Terrain Studio video a while ago and thought it would come in handy (whenever I get to building stuff at least).  Was sitting in my cart as well.

Trees.   Was looking at what I had for terrain and felt some trees were needed. Will see how these are once I get a chance to actually do something with them.

Wookiees.  Was watching an AMG live stream about the new Wookiees coming out, and they mentioned that these older ones were being replaced by the new ones, so grabbed a couple more boxes of the old ones before they are gone.

AMG live stream?   Is this the new company doimg Legion?  I haven't been able to find any information about it or where to even look for updates.  And finding Anakin or Maul is impossible for the last several months.   And help you can give me would be great!  Thanks.

• Like 3

Happened across a pocket-sized spot welder for about $20 on a certain Chinese website. It's even battery-powered...   

If it works, it'll replace my old car-battery sized mains-dependent spot welder.

(These are the type you use to spot weld strips of nickel to Li-ion batteries or other rechargeables, or even non-rechargeable button-cells, not for assembling car bodies... )  

I also ordered a set of 4 x 700mm T8 Leadscrews which I hope to use in my planned new hobby desk. Yeah, it'll be a transformer... 

In other news, I just received my rechargeable Wowstick, and it is GOOD!   

It's the 1F+ model with 3 LEDs built in around the spindle, to give great light around where you're working. It came with 56 bits, a magnetic plate, and a magnetizer/demagnetizer. 

There's a bit of rubbish in the set, too, such as the stand, but I can live with that. 

I've already had to use it to take apart a UBS Floppy drive.(disk was stuck, in there) so I got to test it in a real-world situation. 

It gets the 'Proper Gadget' rating. Looks cool and does the job!

• Like 7
On 7/7/2021 at 3:05 AM, torrenofamber said:

AMG live stream?   Is this the new company doimg Legion?  I haven't been able to find any information about it or where to even look for updates.  And finding Anakin or Maul is impossible for the last several months.   And help you can give me would be great!  Thanks.

AMG is Atomic Mass Games.  They took over running Legion from FFG.  Both are branches (or subsidiaries or something) of Asmodee, so it's really just an internal reshuffling of which parts of the company support which games.

AMG's web site still isn't updated to show Legion stuff, and the rules reference and everything are still on the FFG site.  All very confusing.  AMG is quite active on social media (FB, Twitter, Insta).  They are currently doing a lot of spoilers for thee upcoming Wookiees and Yoda boxes.  They do twitch live streams Tues-Fri at 1 pm PST. Wed and Fri are usually Legion (or X-Wing or Armada) based. They are often just painting minis for a hour and chatting, but you can see and hear some useful stuff.

The shortages aren't related to the move between companies (since Asmodee takes care off all of the distribution) but are related to Covid and then the global shipping/container issues.  I've heard finding Maul has been an issue, but last I checked my local store had 2 in stock, so there are some around (I doubt you want to pay shipping from Canada, but if you do send me a message).

• Like 4

Had two packages arrive the last couple of days.

20210708_IMG_2119.jpg.a44e56701be5fce748df2e333cbc7cb7.jpg

I was assembling some STAP riders (so B1s on weird flying rigs) and dropped the back of a head.  I was unable to find it, but was pretty sure the upgrade box had at least one extra head in it (for the sniper).  But after looking , I couldn't find the sprues I know I put somewhere so I  wouldn't lose them....of course.  So I ordered the two upgrade boxes I still needed.
Of course, shortly after I ordered them I found the missing piece.....

And today my KS rewards from Oathsworn's latest arrive.  I just took a quick look, but the figures look amazing, as always.

• Like 9

Received my most recent Midlam MIniatures KS today.

Sisters of the Kraken Cult.

1368542986_KrakenSisters_01.jpg.c97fac4b2680b79e8804b940491259ad.jpg

Same picture with guest intruder.

83662687_KrakenSisters_02.jpg.949346f9db6d246d8a60fdd1e57f39ba.jpg

The Krilileelee abomination spawn.

687141496_Krakencultmonster.thumb.jpg.499abd4997c492c83abd60dcd5553d2e.jpg

Fish people, first group:

434863578_Fishpeople_01.jpg.0d9ff1da50fc13803667d75a92f6c6e6.jpg

Second half:

1430282822_Fishpeople_02.jpg.fb4aa82efe10abea9623422c0d8fe537.jpg

These will fit very well in Brinewind.

Kraken Sisters card.jpg