Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally showed up almost a whole month after the expected delivery date, but I now have a near-complete box set of Ral Partha's 10-509 The New Dungeon! miniatures. It's missing two figures, but they were both from the 3-stage character sets and still in production, so I can easily fill in the figures I'm missing..

image.png.26efa4bf05a11cbb4e19401ac413d343.png

image.png.e1c5a77c773a45c9e14d96849d0c219d.png

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Finally showed up almost a whole month after the expected delivery date, but I now have a near-complete box set of Ral Partha's 10-509 The New Dungeon! miniatures. It's missing two figures, but they were both from the 3-stage character sets and still in production, so I can easily fill in the figures I'm missing..

image.png.26efa4bf05a11cbb4e19401ac413d343.png

image.png.e1c5a77c773a45c9e14d96849d0c219d.png

I always did like that box set, along with the "Basic" D&D box (the one with the rakasta (cat person)) they did.

After talking with my roomie, I decided to up my masks & placed a order for a 3 layer one (since SW airlines only allows that on), I should have it by Friday. Also, decided to drop a pregen (a Loxodon) & went with a bugbear instead. So I ordered the latest Nolzur's yesterday morning. I should have it before this weekend.

wzk90311_1.jpg

• Like 8

20 hours ago, haldir said:

I always did like that box set, along with the "Basic" D&D box (the one with the rakasta (cat person)) they did.

Over the years I've managed to acquire two full sets of 10-510 Basic Heroes figures (plus a couple extras) but I only have one box.

Ridiculously, the packaging has become much rarer and worth far more than the products themselves... :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Over the years I've managed to acquire two full sets of 10-510 Basic Heroes figures (plus a couple extras) but I only have one box.

Ridiculously, the packaging has become much rarer and worth far more than the products themselves... :rolleyes:

Weird since they never released that box as individual minis. 

Bought nothing at the FLGS last night other then a beef chimi a Mexican restaurant next door (swore I'd never go back but my 1st plans for dinner fell through). This morning thou went up to the hobby store (next door to the restaurant) & grabbed probably the last cans of Testor"s Dullcoat as its either very hard or nonexistent in their order sites. Sigh.

• Like 6

Today I got two things...   

A set of 100 2mm diameter,5mm long magnets. Because we can always use more...   

And Book 1 of the comic 'Twin Dragons'.  

I also got a collection code for a Reaper package that I'll pick up tomorrow. 

No, not Bones V, that has already arrived. This is just the 2021 RCon Swagbox. 

• Like 6

Acquisitions!

I'm actually going to notate a couple "coming soon" items just to consolidate.

• Batten down the hatches, 'cause there's a Typhoon rolling through the plains!  One of Robert's refurbished bad boys (still smelling of its fresh new red coat of paint) has made its way into my hobby supplies!  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
  • New pin vise set from Amazon.  I can't find my old one (missing since the move), so I'm pretty sure it will pop up again after the new one gets here.
  • I picked up a handful of Delta Ceramcoat paints for when I eventually start painting up the encounter sets from Bones V and scenery from Bones IV: Black, Chocolate Cherry, Burnt Sienna, Charcoal, Deep Taupe, Rain Grey, Golden Brown, Khaki, Sunshine, and White.  These should do a decent job of replicating the Redstone Triad, Stone Colors triad, and Desert Camos.  I had to use the Plaid website which was out of Georgia Clay...I'll have to get that later.  I would have bought locally, but Hobby Lobby didn't even have half the colors listed on the shelf, and only four colors in stock, and Michaels didn't have any Apple Barrel, Folk Art, or Ceramcoat.

AND we got some new furniture (couch, loveseat, chairs, bed for the guest room, nightstand, a few lamps).  Much of the furniture was early to boot!  We weren't expecting the couch until November.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, haldir said:

Weird since they never released that box as individual minis. 

Just in general, it's much harder to find a box for a set than it is for the figures, but the figures from that set turn up fairly regularly if you keep a dilligent eye out for them.

8 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Chocolate Cherry, Burnt Sienna, Charcoal, Deep Taupe, Rain Grey, Golden Brown, Khaki, Sunshine, and White.  These should do a decent job of replicating the Redstone Triad, Stone Colors triad, and Desert Camos. 

The main reason I went with Delta Ceramcoat as my go-to acrylic paints after moving on from my Testors enamels was the enormous quantity of really pretty/useful colors. I still bust them out sometimes for basecoats on my figures as well as painting terrain.

• Like 5

Stopped at Dollar Tree to grab some more superglue, ended up grabbing a few of their craft stone bags, they had some of the ones I've recently used for terrain and basing, and they look like they'll also work rather well for some lower stone walls

• Like 7

I'm running low on 120 film, so I surfed by Photostyle and ordered a few. 

At the same time I ordered an Arista Premium developer reel. 

arista_reel.jpg.7316ebdb3077fc119a5eb7d3b97e442c.jpg

They claim that it's easier to thread film into this than the Paterson reels I'm using, and that it's compatible with most tanks... 

(I use a Paterson System 4 tank that holds 2 x 120 reels, or 3x 135reels.)

I figure that getting one to test might be a good idea before really splurging. 

(I like to have a reel for each film I want to process, so that I don't have to dry them out between runs. )

I may even get a second tank the next time I order. 

• Like 6