Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a day or two late, but we had our local convention this weekend.  One of our local dealers sells mostly 1/72 scale (and some other) plastic figures, kits, etc.  

8E529070-66FD-45FE-884C-91B9AAA75720.jpeg.d9ba294ff7e57554d03207db056ff2d8.jpeg

I painted all the crossbowmen and pavisiers in one box of Italian Militiamen earlier this month, so wanted a second box for a second similar stand. That’s really part of my 1/72 fantasy campaign, despite the historical origin of the figures, and the goblins and El Cid Spanish Command figures will be as well.  I’m not sure if the knights are a separate jousting game (some day:poke:) or whether a tournament will be a viable option in the fantasy campaign, and the Tarentine horsemen are part of a historical project.

• Like 9

Got a Kickstarter delivery today for a Dead Milkmen (80's and 90's Philly based punk band) themed RPG scenario from Severed Books. I can't post a picture of any of it due to language, but it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. However, I forgot I got a gelatinous cube die as an add on and I can show that off. 

1322267862_IMG_20210928_151314479_HDR2.thumb.jpg.6589247ea2da6f051bf0f34559b1fcea.jpg

It's a roughly 2 x 2 inch oversized die with skulls for pips and lots of stuff that's supposed to be floating in it. It's a pretty fun big die, but what I really like is that when you pair it up with some dungeons and lasers terrain it becomes an awesome gelatinous cube miniature. 

1891360150_IMG_20210928_151329052_HDR2.thumb.jpg.1cfd2f9ff653a696fcce82d2dc8b8bf8.jpg

There's just enough clearance for it to slide smoothly around in the dungeon. They had a full fledged Kickstarter for these last year and I ended up getting two more and some matching 1 inch dice that should work well as little gelatinous cubes. This is going to be so much fun to drop on the table in the future. 

Edited by Thoramel
  • Like 16

Today I got the first 'Daughter of the Lillies' book(great comic, read it!), a heap of XT30U connectors(usually used on the battery pack of RC toys), my final Red Box Games order, and a Samsung Genesis G5 32" extremely curved gaming monitor...    

I'll be off, playing Minions of Mirth for a while...

• Like 7

Wow, lots of folks getting great stuff. Got a box of Reaper goodies last week, prep for the BOGW and a G'niece who is showing interest in learning to paint mini. Also, last week went to a huge Cowboy Action Shoot swap meet and wound up trading for a replica 1873 Winchester. And 2 days ago found a buttplate for a Winchester shotgun made in the 1920s.

• Like 8

My butt will soon be safe again!  

Just got new seat form for the driver's seat in my car...

It just took a month and a week for it to arrive from France.

(OK, DPD screwed up first, and it ended up at the factory again, and that took 2 weeks. The French Post actually managed to get it on the plane... )

• Like 6

First hobby order since ReaperCon placed!!

01689    Sugar Skull and Plinth    $10.99    
09061    Linen White    $3.69    
09161    Shield Brown    $3.69    
09968    Master Series Paints: Pathfinder Colors of Golarion - Paint Set #2    $99.99    
30009    Fillyjonk, Hellborn Rogue    $3.99    
77640    Graveyard Entryway    FREE    
01031    Ghoulie Bag Promotion    FREE    
30010    Berg Ironthorn, Dwarf Crossbowman x3    FREE    
49007    Armorback Demolitionist    FREE    
77080    Wall of Fire (3)    FREE    
77159    Ghast    FREE

Also, note no Bonesylvanias. I checked & I had the ones I wasn't sure of. Also, order total was cut in half due to RC21 SWAG gift certificates!

• Like 7

AMG finally got some new product to distributors in Canada. Some of these were originally scheduled for a June or July release.....
20210801_IMG_2275.jpg.db75c53914c8a2cde25e9bd77f2e18d9.jpg

Unfortunately no Super Tactical Droids, even though they were supposed to be released the same day as the Magna Guards. FLGS is checking into it  so hopefully they will appear next week.

Also unfortunately, looks like the new increased prices for AMG are in effect.
But as a bonus, today is the 8th anniversary of the FLGS opening, so they are having a "no tax" sale! ::D:

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

AMG finally got some new product to distributors in Canada. Some of these were originally scheduled for a June or July release.....
20210801_IMG_2275.jpg.db75c53914c8a2cde25e9bd77f2e18d9.jpg

Unfortunately no Super Tactical Droids, even though they were supposed to be released the same day as the Magna Guards. FLGS is checking into it  so hopefully they will appear next week.

Also unfortunately, looks like the new increased prices for AMG are in effect.
But as a bonus, today is the 8th anniversary of the FLGS opening, so they are having a "no tax" sale! ::D:

Definitely interested in Yoda. Looking forward to a WiP for him.

After ordering my Reaper order this morning, I went to big river A site & saw something I had in my cart had a significant reduced price so I ended up placing the order for it.

I finally ordered my power switch cable I posted here. Also, place a order for a craft heat gun that someone suggested as a heat source for Bones, an official X-Axis timing belt for CR-6 (maybe one that is pre-assembled will motivate me to repair my own printer) & the item I placed the order for:

41tb61I71cL._AC_SY350_QL15_.jpg

I already have one of these, so I'll be doubling my spray space. I think I'll get a Y adapter for the hoses. My only concern is the LEDs, I think mine is a white LED & according to questions/answers section, the one I ordered appears to be blue-white. We shall see.

• Like 7

Invaded the Dread Realm of Oswego yesterday and raided Hobby Lobby and Micheals...

100_2347.JPG.510da78e79e5ac6f0d6a8192b9470e05.JPG

Enough glues and model putty to last a year or more and back up Exacto blades, some Fall Foliage, some aluminum sheets that work as sheet metal for terrain, and some sheets of patterned roof shingles. Not pictured are the sheets of balsa wood for movement trays, and the bottles of Vallejo Flat Earth, and Satin Sealer.

Today I put in the Reaper October Tithe...

02157 Undead Awakening (I have the other Reaper "skeleton rising" mini and since I plan to get around to some cemetery terrain soon, there will be room for both)

02450 Ghouls and Ghast (3)

03126 Ghoul Queen and Servants (3)

03453 Ghoul Witch on Cauldron

77159 Ghast  ( With the three Reaper Bones Ghouls I already have, this will make a nice little skirmishing force.)

30034 ReaperCon 2021 Pirate Mouslings (Pirate Mice, 'nuff said.)

44141 Rune Wight Warriors (2)

44142 Rune Wight Hunters (2)

44143 Rune Wight Thane & Jarl (2) (Draugr Grave Guard for the Witch Army.)

Freebies

30010 Borg Ironthorn Dwarf Crossbowman (reinforcement for the Coffee Dwarves)

77640 Graveyard Arch (will be used in constructing a place the Ghouls call home.)

77089 Halbarand, Cleric (reinforcement for the Witch Hunters.)

01031 Ghoulie Bag (which I had a D'oh! moment concerning in the Random thread, because that Pumpkin headed Bugbear is perfect for my Witch army.)

• Like 8

Just put in my october order for the year.

2" round bases

King Denethall

Men At Arms Of Anhur (2 sets)

Female Sphinx

Camel with Pack

Berg Ironthorn

Graveyard Entryway

Ghoulie Bag

Hoping it includes the BCA Pink...I've got a bottle from a few years ago that's nearly used up, the bottle from last year was one that someone walked away with during a game night at the local store while things were re-opening and there was no communication between the AL group. It's great for glowing red eyes (Hit the eyeball with Gory Red and dot with the Breast Cancer Awareness Pink) and can work for other red glows.

I'm working on a Dragon Rampant/Oathmark force using the Anhurians, and Denethall looks like a leader model that fits in with the Anhurians in appearance and I'm trying to work in a force from, largely, the rushed bones to metals that I'm spending more time on bar the cavalry which are the bones black and converted with fireforge parts to have weapons that seem to fit the armor more and I've yet to see a lance on them that isn't in bad shape from the start...easy to chop off the hand at the wrist where the sleeve is and swap in a hand and go with some minor positioning for the arms.

• Like 7