Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Got a box yesterday, three EvilBuy auctions I won from the same seller.

- The first was the body of the female frost giant from the Grenadier male and female frost giants Dragon Lords Giants Club set. No spear, no antlers.

- The second was a fairly nice lot of weapons, which contained her spear. (I now have one of her complete and two that are only missing the antlers.) It also contained the spear shaft/hands and spear tip of the Colossal Lords female frost giant, and I needed the spear tip to help complete the box.

There were also two or three other weapons that I instantly recognized as parts I don't have for some figures that I do have.

- The third lot was a bunch of bases - including the base for the Colossal Lords female frost giant, which means that I now have one complete box, plus another box only missing the base.

Score.

She was also sold alone without the antlers.  That is the version I own and painted. 

• Like 3

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of the kits I was waiting on finally came in, as did another I ordered last week.  Slowly, my Real Grade backlog collection grows!

20211015_214144.thumb.jpg.4ee2e1b61e8320af6bf1545f71bb86f8.jpg

Not gonna lie, I wanted the Justice because it's pink and purple...  And for the 00 Raiser, well, it just looks epic.  Full Burnern was, well, that backpack!

• Like 8

Oh, how I have missed acquiring things.  But, since I was running low on Pure Black and wanted a couple other things I figured it was time to place an order...

• Fire Giant and Hell Hound (I've got those other hounds as part of the Fan Favorites, so I needed to put them with something...)
  • Vampiric Skintones Triad (I'm getting closer to attempting Graf Varkula, he will need a skin tone.)
  • Wash Medium (some of my paints are a little thick, so a drop or two might help out.)
  • Stone Giant (x2) Bones 77336 (I've got a little pile of Stone Giants gathering, and these guys help round it out.)
  • Mr. Bones and Buzzy (x1) Bones 77485 (Chibi!)
  • Mrs. Bones (x1) Bones 77484 (More chibi!)
  • Brazier Pillar Tops (10) (x2) Bones 77732 (I was originally shorted these, and have finally gotten around to ordering replacements.)
  • Berg Ironthorn, Dwarf 30010 (Bones USA freebie!)
  • Enter if You Dare! 77640 (Freebie!)
  • Wall of Fire (3) (x2) 77080 (Freebies!)
  • Cthulhu!  (Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fthagn!)
  • Ghoulie Bag!
  • BCA Pink. (Bottle Number 6.  Who is Number 1?  I'm not a number, I'm a free paint!)

I forgot the Pure Black...

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Citrine said:

She was also sold alone without the antlers.  That is the version I own and painted. 

I never really liked her as much without the antlers. I originally got her in the box set back in the day and she just never looked right without the antlers after that.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 8:26 PM, Inarah said:

Found a pair of knock-off parts cases at a local discount tool shop, for about half what anyone else is asking.  I've been running out of storage options for a while now. Each of the clear cases holds 18+ human sized figures, depending how you arrange them.  I can get 2-3 smaller figures in each compartment.  The top compartment is 3" or more deep, and will hold the bigger guys for now.   I'm going to ask DH to 3d print some dividers, so things don't slide around when it's moved. 

71g7PPLj-xL._AC_SS450_.jpg.47349a9ae87f1d664a75ba6e670c46fa.jpg

The latches on mine are different, but the idea is the same.

About how deep are the trays? I might need to grab one of those for my anhurian force...I'm wanting an easier transport option soon...

• Like 2

Just found the box, insert, and male frost giant from the Grenadier male and female frost giant set on EvilBuy... The only part missing from him was the sword on his back, which, conveniently was also in the weapons lot I got the other day - broken in two pieces, but pin-able.

I've now assembled a complete set.  ::D:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 10

On 10/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

My Super Tactical Droids finally came in.

20211015_IMG_2328.jpg.1d95a37d39a98501d0ce75d794f4e953.jpg

I also picked up the AP tweezers set. The ones I have been using aren't great so hopefully these will be better.

Oooh I have one on preorder with my local shop.  will need to check in to see if they got their latest order in... 

• Like 4

I have not ordered anything in a while, so I figured it was time!  Thank you for all the freebies, Reaper!

04054  Piranha Crabs (3)  $7.99

30008  Alaedril Starbloom, Elf Wizard  $4.99

30009  Fillyjonk, Hellborn Rogue  $4.99

30043  Stumpy Dan McGinty and Grog Hog  $5.99

30044  Chop and Grub, Halfling Cooks  $5.99

30048  Tub, Dwarf Baker  $4.99

30049  Skipper and Scuttle  $5.99

30010  Berg Ironthorn, Dwarf Crossbowman  FREE

77640  Graveyard Entryway  FREE

01031  Ghoulie Bag Promotion  FREE

49007  Armorback Demolitionist  FREE

• Like 9

I just got both of the alternate Bones 5 pirate ship figureheads that I dumbly didn't get when they were available during the original campaign. At $15 including shipping, I don't think I got raked over the coals too badly.

• Like 9

Also acquired: looks like I won a few things at the work silent bidding thingy.  I've yet to find out if I won a case of each of the organizer bins I bidded on, or if I won ALL of the cases.  I'm kind of hoping it's the former, since I don't want to try and figure out how I'm getting something like nine large cases of plastic bins home... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2021 at 12:49 PM, Rob Dean said:

It’s free RPG Day, so I wandered down to my FLGS to see what there was. The odds are against my starting a new RPG this year, but I picked up a couple anyway:

EF912854-0E30-40B4-805B-2FB9D71FAFDD.jpeg.0c4ce5575b7719ceb1bde35423fb3215.jpeg

Oh Blue Rose, that's one of the AGE system games from Green Ronin isn't it?

Like strawhat I also felt I was running low on Pure Black, but I did remember to add both bottles to my cart. Also a 3rd bottle of gray primer just to be sure I wouldn't run out soon.

I also got the Flesh Of The Damned paint set so my undead skin tones can be more than Vampiric Skin and Spectral White.

And minis. Dreadmere mercenaries to round out my bandit-style minis, maggotcrown soldiers for evil mooks.

Bones Devils, which holy crap so much assembly involved.

And a bunch of neat things that fit the settings I like to run. Dark Watcher, Razormouth, Vorvorlaka, Ape Demon, Hordlings.

Oh and a Bones Peryton because I didn't have one already. Stability is not that mini's strong point, first mini I've had to mount on a base because of it.

Edited by BlazingTornado
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

For some magical logistics reason, these per released in Canada today.....

20211022_IMG_2332.jpg.32b5eb269f7628241d20042db15876f1.jpg

Not sure if anywhere else has them yet.  UK, got the Spider Droids and Fluttercraft last week, which we still don't have.  And the US doesn't have any of that, or even the Wookiees, Yoda, Magnaguards or Super Tac.

And they didn't release the Infantry Support Platform, which is the Clone's equivalent heavy for this release....

Weird.  Ah well, I have new tanks, so Woot!

• Like 6

Got in a few things... 

20211021_200836.thumb.jpg.a421162829a6f34bea8fc29a12fedc59.jpg

MG Sazabi Ver.Ka, unfortunately with box damage thanks to careless CanadaPost employees ramming the side of a bin through the outer box...  There's also a sleeping Eevee Quick! Plamo kit in there, or at least was - it's now in my backlog shelf of inspirational doom... 

20211022_124157.thumb.jpg.0574a76b10a2f8fbb72207ff7333472e.jpg

A few LBX kits.  Fenrir is mine, Hunter is hubby's.   That's right, mechs with not only big guns, but TAILS too! 

An assortment of boring yet useful things I didn't take pictures of:

- 3x Tamiya Extra Thin

- 2x Tamiya Extra Thin Quick Set

- Tamiya Weathering Master Sets B and C (D is backordered but paid for, they'll call me once it's in) 

- 4x Tamiya 23mL glass paint bottles (for doing up coloured goop, or whatever the main term is I'm forgetting because I should have been asleep three hours ago - sprue goo) 

- 60mL bottles of Vallejo Airbrush Flow Improver

- Two different types of Tamiya Cotton Bud's (triangle flat, and triangle small) 

- Tamiya Basic File Set (double cut, smooth) for hubny

Also acquired 36 small parts bins, some marker holders, and a decently sized Stericycle bin for holding things...  From the work charity auction thingy of goods we can't resell, but are in decent enough condition an employee can put a bid in kn, and the proceeds go to charity. 

Aaaand on order... 

- RG Sazabi

- various DSPIAE sanding sponges

- a few Delpi Decals waterslide decals

- DSPIAE 3.0 single blade nippers for hubby 

... I think that's everything, although I may have missed something. 

• Like 8