Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of came full circle today. As a young boy, probably 9-10 years old, a neighbor gave us a box of books. One of them grabbed my attention, John Toland's The Flying Tigers because it had an airplane with a shark mouth on it. It opened my world and I became a voracious reader. That book was lost to another kid a few years later. The other day I found a copy on fleabay and bought it. It arrived today! Woohoo!

• Like 15

On 10/25/2021 at 8:07 PM, Corsair said:

Kind of came full circle today. As a young boy, probably 9-10 years old, a neighbor gave us a box of books. One of them grabbed my attention, John Toland's The Flying Tigers because it had an airplane with a shark mouth on it. It opened my world and I became a voracious reader. That book was lost to another kid a few years later. The other day I found a copy on fleabay and bought it. It arrived today! Woohoo!

I've spent the past decade or so slowly re-acquiring things I used to have when I was younger - including nearly two dozen of the old Endless Quest books. ::D:

• Like 10

Got in some sanding sponges, single blade nippers for hubby, some red holo waterslides, and Real Grade Sazabi... 

20211102_200928.thumb.jpg.7fec7429b3f39f1b970fb9947ec531a3.jpg

"Mini Me" kit is as tall as a good amount of Master Grade kits, but it's also one of the biggest mobile suits out there in the Gundam universe.  I'm still debating about picking up the THE51 resin conversion kit for this one.  Adds a lot of details and does look like it would be a phenomenal and enjoyable one... 

Also acquired: shipping notification for my Zero Gravity Judge, so I'll get that sometime next week, whoo! 

• Like 9

Fun game night at the store last night. I got to use a Bodak for the first time & damn, they are a rough encounter. Barbarian was all "come at me bro!!!", he failed his Con (yes, barbarian) & it's not his turn attack did 36 pts of damage to him, since he couldn't block any of it. He was like "uhhh, guys....." :devil::lol:

Store owner was sorting through a bunch of freight & he got in the new Chessex Lab sets. I will admit seeing the dice in person changed my mind on some of them as there was really only 1 set I didn't like (the one where it looks like a clown exploded & was scooped up & mixed up with the resin) but I did pick up the following couple sets:

Gemini Plasma Green-Teal with Orange

(the green is bright, not florescent, but a bright shade, think maybe a brighter version of "Reaper Viper Green"

30048_chx_1000x751.jpg?v=1634862176

Festive Garden with Blue

30046_chx_1000x760.jpg?v=1634862209

I may pick up 1 or 2 more sets. I really need to look at them closer.

• Like 9

Well, I joined Artisan Guild for November,

Lots of Snake People.

Also joined Onepagerules for the month and got a lot of Egytian style Undead and a few Scifi thingies.

Got 70% discount on their MMF store so bought even more Egyptian Undead and some Snakepeople.

This will never stop right? Eventhough I have a collection of files that will have me printing and painting till the Universe explodes, I'll keep buying stuff.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well, I joined Artisan Guild for November,

Lots of Snake People.

Also joined Onepagerules for the month and got a lot of Egytian style Undead and a few Scifi thingies.

Got 70% discount on their MMF store so bought even more Egyptian Undead and some Snakepeople.

This will never stop right? Eventhough I have a collection of files that will have me printing and painting till the Universe explodes, I'll keep buying stuff.

You are just preparing yourself for the cyber-errr afterlife just like the ancient Egyptian did for the pharoahs. :lol:

• Haha 7

14 minutes ago, haldir said:

You are just preparing yourself for the cyber-errr afterlife just like the ancient Egyptian did for the pharoahs. :lol:

Well if my miniatures can protect me in the Afterlife chances are I will conquer that realm...😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Needed a bit of a perk up after a very elf"ty" night at work (thou I think I may have gotten my point across with them finally). so I finally pulled the trigger on a Tamiya kit I've had lingering in my bay of e cart since the Dawn of Time. Since it's overseas (HK in this case), I'm back on the international train of pain err wait. It's ok, as I have tons of kits to keep me busy + I have my weekly games as well.

tam24337__50080.1614719914.jpg?c=1

By going the HK route with this one I saved around 10 to 20 bucks depending on where I'd buy from if I decided to purchase it here in the states. Considering it was a 40 dollars kit anyways, yah I can wait.

6 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well if my miniatures can protect me in the Afterlife chances are I will conquer that realm...😀

Well if your the conqueror, then I'm your #1 general. :lol:

• Like 7

The last of the parts for my computer is due to arrive tomorrow. For my first gaming computer since 2011, I went with a completely new build centered around the 6700xt gpu and 5600x cpu. The monitor(s) is something I will wait for hoping for a Black Friday deal.

Here is the build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9n4QTJ

Any suggestions for me as I get ready to dive in? Games? Apps? Other purchases I should check out? Anything else?

Edited by Talae
  • Like 7