Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Acquired:

BMW M6 GT3 "Playstation" from NuNu Models, along with the accompanying photo etch & carbon fiber decals. 

16474894515681822915068028656544.jpg

Almost gave up on this package, as it came from Hobby Search Japan. I ordered it on December 8th, 2021, so a little over 3 months later, here it is. It did come by Surface (which I think was the cheapest shipping option, but still kinda spendy). My first time using this model brand, so hopefully it'll be a joyous one. Kit looks top notch thou, so I'm not worried. I've loved this paint scheme ever since I saw the model. It's a dark metallic blue with a light shade of metallic on the lower parts, with dual chrome racing stripes down the center. There is also the various Sony Playstation graphics (like the button Xs & Os) on the car as well.

Also Acquired at the FLGS tonight:

chx20557_1.jpg

Normally not a tiny dice kinda person, but this is probably my favorite color from Chessex & I have the Lab Set (thou tonight I noticed the different color of the numbers vs this set...I like the Lab Set combo better).

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

@malefactus I cannot wait to see how those turn out!

Thanks, Corsair. I am looking forward to painting them. The miniatures are gorgeous & whimsical.

My impromptu approach to painting makes every mini a surprise; AND I do love surprises...mostly.

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

@malefactus I cannot wait to see how those turn out!

Thanks, Corsair. I am looking forward to painting them. The miniatures are gorgeous & whimsical.

My impromptu approach to painting makes every mini a surprise; AND I do love surprises...mostly.

• Like 5

Finally placed my order for the Ukraine Relief miniature today. I was gonna put a bigger order but wasn't feeling the need for it, so all I did was following order:

Kobzar Soloveiko, Nightingale Bard x2

Leprechaun Tweed Tincup and one Shroomie x1

As I see the Shroomie is a random drop, I hope someday, Reaper will release all the Shroomies in a pack of their own.

• Like 8

Received my Durgin Paint Forge Elf Kickstarter goodies today.

They look fantastic, but they also look incredibly thin and fragile, especially for someone with clumsy sausage fingers!

The scary thing is they're actually larger than they were meant to be.

• Like 9

Plugged a rather big hole in my collection last friday...   

So, after working with [redacted] to set up a [even more redacted] on friday, I left the office through the basement on friday. It's where the recycling is, and I figured I had to start getting rid of some packaging sooner or later...  

Of course I looked in the electronics dumpster while I was there. You never know that some people will throw away... 

I found an Amstrad CPC464 and a CPC664. 

That's 8bit home computers from the 80s. The 464 has a built-in cassette deck, and the 664 has a 3" floppy drive. Not a 5.25" or 3.5", no.... They had to pick a standard almost no one used.   

They should fit in quite nicely with the PPC640 (DOS-based, still the same 'large keyboard form factor but with a hinged LCD across part of it) and the NC100 and NC200 laptops already in my clutches. 

(I would love to find a NC150, but they're pretty rare)

• Like 9

Well, I have some catching up to do. Here's a list of things I've acquired since my last post in this thread.

Crimson Skies Squadron Pack: The Fortune Hunters. (Each is two pairs of planes).

Crimson Skies Squadron Pack: The Hollywood Knights. No I don't play the game, they were way cheaper than getting the metal planes.

Hot Wheels X-Men X-Jet x2.

DDM Invisible Displacer Beast.

ETB Necron Royal Warden.

Mantic Warpath Enforcer Command set (5 Minis).

CMON Sedition Wars Terrain Set.

Hot Wheels GotG Milano x2.

ETB Necron Plasmancer.

1/400 Gaplant and 1/400 Thunderbolt Gundam.

32mm plastic bases x100.

Necron Immortals / Deathmark box (5 minis of either).

Shakespear's Sister CD "Sacred Heart".

Shakespear's Sister CD "Hormonally Yours".

Shakespear's Sister CD "Singles Party (1988-2019) (2 CD set).

Fiona CD "Heart Like a Gun" (Remastered).

Queensryche CD "Operation Mindcrime" (German ReRelease).

Necron Warriors Box (12 Warriors & 3 Scarabs) (Older style).

Metal Grey Knights (4 in Power Armor & 3 Terminators).

1/400 Gundam Gashapons x15.

Edited by Brother Jim
  • Like 10

I’ve got more than enough minis for the moment, but I ran across a mention of this Game Craft Miniatures painting station…now let’s see if I can break the laser cut pieces apart and assemble it.

EAD842DA-6904-465E-972C-D389D7F60839.jpeg.5755b94bdf4d1cb4690658d4636261d7.jpeg

• Like 11

1717AC3B-BC1F-4132-9487-0998DE709844.jpeg.d40ece2374e771abc42be73752ce74d9.jpeg

I got a rather scruffy looking lot of figures from the Bay of Ease in today’s mail.  The top row includes a handful of Garrison Sword and Sorcery figures, which can be added to my little Garrison warband, but the bottom row had the interesting pieces.

The three black-primed guys are Grenadier W71 elves with crossbows, although I’ll need to fake up a third crossbow (open faced plaster mold perhaps…). The early single figure range Grenadier Wizzards and Warriors are not common, but I own the only other one of these I’ve ever seen; it’s the lost Minis Wiki picture for the catalog number. http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:G-waw-wsingle71.jpg  Add those to the bowmen, swordsmen and spearmen I already have, and I can fill out 2 Dragon Rampant units of early elves.

The other guy, on the end, is a historical curiosity.  It’s a Holger Erickson sculpted SAE figure, as used by the wargaming pioneers in the early ‘60s.

• Like 10

My Reaper order arrived today.

01650 Kobzar Soloveiko, Nightengale

30051 2022 Leprechaun

80073 Pulp Era Professor

14093 Finari, Justicar, Crusader

14208 Garr, War Dog, Crusader

50356 Scarlet, Cyberist Dustrunner

• Like 7

On 3/23/2022 at 7:27 AM, Rob Dean said:

I’ve got more than enough minis for the moment, but I ran across a mention of this Game Craft Miniatures painting station…now let’s see if I can break the laser cut pieces apart and assemble it.

EAD842DA-6904-465E-972C-D389D7F60839.jpeg.5755b94bdf4d1cb4690658d4636261d7.jpeg

So, I glued this thing together this morning.  It wasn’t particularly hard, once I watched a company video on the order of the assembly operations.

6522E3D2-649F-469C-8C5C-467A17D72853.jpeg.4aaaace460881fa8c0a008dab0c6f3d4.jpeg

Now to try painting…

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

So, I glued this thing together this morning.  It wasn’t particularly hard, once I watched a company video on the order of the assembly operations.

6522E3D2-649F-469C-8C5C-467A17D72853.jpeg.4aaaace460881fa8c0a008dab0c6f3d4.jpeg

Now to try painting…

Circular holes seem kinda huge ?

Will they hold two or three dropper bottles each ?

• Like 2

newest purchase. While not high on my list of books to have... it was not even on the list to be honest, but it was a good deal and because it is a licensed book. I can not acquired a pdf or a book other than on the Bay of E, so I got it. 

1225063849_GURPSLensman.jpg

• Like 9

Tamiya photoetch sets came in yesterday! I went to their website & saw the 2004 set was on sale for like 5 bucks,  so to balance out shipping I picked up the other set. For the price of 2 & shipping, I got these for what 1 sheet normally sells for.

16482450324856277554324493859823.jpg

• Like 9