OneBoot

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, TGP said:

Circular holes seem kinda huge ?

Will they hold two or three dropper bottles each ?

Optical illusion?  They are sized for Reaper/Vallejo/Army Painter dropper bottles:

C9C2B6D8-DD68-4A37-92D1-144348449C0A.jpeg.b368fb6dd4f86e953485a8c576463528.jpeg

• Like 9

So this weekend I traded my old D&D prepaints for an approximately equally valued amount of Bolt Action.

20220327_IMG_2763.thumb.jpg.e2482c9e146f5b3b9ef2dd4b4eaeb04e.jpg

Nissan Micra for scale......

Apparently the old D&D prepaint have a bit of value.
This is more than I will EVER assemble, let alone paint, but I could always trade or sell some in the future.  In the mean time my German army grows, and if I get bored with those there are always Soviets, British, US and Japan to go.  Oh and  there is enough Hungarian boxes to field a good sized army, which I'll probably look at after I get enough Germans done, since they can use some German units.

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

Ohh, acquisitions, how I've...uhh...well...acquired you.

Since the last time, I've since added greatly to the amount of unpainted grey plastic in my possession.

Genestealer Cult-related:

• Seventh Edition Genestealer Cult Codex
  • Ninth Edition Genestealer Cult Codex
  • Start Collecting Genestealer Cults (this is the third box, and the last I intend to buy...of this incarnation).
  • GSC "Clamavus" character
  • GSC "Locus" character
  • GSC "Biophagus" character
  • GSC "Abominant" character
  • GSC "Sanctus" character
  • GSC "Kelermorph" character
  • GSC "Jackal Alphus" character
  • GSC "Atalan Jackals" box (x2)

Now, I just need the Combat Patrol box to hit (I'll need three of those, too), and that should just about wrap up the GSC for me--excepting some purestrain genestealers, that is.  Every cult needs those.  I'm still doing pretty well on the cost per figure, too: $7.83.  That includes vehicles.

So, with the cult on hold, on to Reaper acquisitions (which arrived today):

• 09037: Pure Black (I remembered this time!)
  • 09701: Blood Reds Triad
  • 09732: Clear Brights Triad
  • 09785: Washes Triad
  • 09801: NMM Gold Triad
  • 09805: S'Mores Colors Triad
  • 09806: Seasons Greetings Triad 
  • 09807: Winter Snow Triad
  • 01650: Kobzar Soloveiko, Nightengale (x4)
  • 30049: Skipper and Scuttle
  • 19039: Boss Dice: Glitter Gold (reminds me of a cinnamon schnapps for which I once had a fondness) with an orange Octrox D8 Ranger
  • BONUS: 30051: 2022 Leprechaun
  • BONUS: 77327: Hell Cat (x2)
  • BONUS: 77360: Mr. Bones (With Lantern)
  • Like 10

16 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

So this weekend I traded my old D&D prepaints for an approximately equally valued amount of Bolt Action.

20220327_IMG_2763.thumb.jpg.e2482c9e146f5b3b9ef2dd4b4eaeb04e.jpg

Nissan Micra for scale......

Apparently the old D&D prepaint have a bit of value.
This is more than I will EVER assemble, let alone paint, but I could always trade or sell some in the future.  In the mean time my German army grows, and if I get bored with those there are always Soviets, British, US and Japan to go.  Oh and  there is enough Hungarian boxes to field a good sized army, which I'll probably look at after I get enough Germans done, since they can use some German units.

By the gods, that's a haul and a half...  You'll be assembling for the next six months... 

• Like 6

Because I haven't gotten enough Bolt Action lately ...  😉

Actually, an order from the store, mostly for Konflikt '47 stuff came in.
20220328_IMG_2767.jpg.861be3155888746db948ca5309a38a1f.jpg

So the pages I'd ordered ages ago for Star War Legion.  They finally came in.
At the bottom is a medium Panzermech for the Germans.  It has jump! 
On the right I have a unit of heavy infantry.  Up top in the middle are a couple of LMG troops for that unit. The remaining 2 are for BA itself.  The Panzer I is the wee tiny panzer they had starting out.... it looks like a kiddy car compared to the Jagdtiger.

And an artillery piece.  the SiG33 15cm Howitzer.

• Like 10

Easter eggs, each filled with a fossil. I of course had to peek. Some fun stuff in there, the kid is going to be stoked! 

Great excuse to pick up a piece for my collection too. Petrified wood round with fungal rot. About 11” diameter. 🤩

74314179-0E6B-4FB5-9CF1-E0B8AAD43C38.jpeg

D6002487-F047-4D03-BD0E-51F92DAF42FF.jpeg

02D02749-A6D1-4FEF-9C47-347A10330B3F.jpeg

• Like 11

Got a big box of soft steel rods in different diameters, today. I also got a heap of lathe tools yesterday. 

Maybe I should go out into the garage and try making something?

But then again, I have this new jigsaw puzzle I want to try...    

And the first 3 Dirty Jobs DVD collections... 

Or finish unpacking and start testing the Sonic Phrozen Mini 8K printer that also arrived today...

• Like 9

Picked up a few stls off MMF this morning:

Earth Mephits aka Mud Mephits for Witchlight (Saturday, so glad these print up fast!, under 2 hrs).

I've printed up Duncan's air mephits for anther adventure & they are great minis, so I have no doubts these will be just as good.

720X720-untitled-5031.jpg

For my all or 90% all female pregens ReaperCon adventure "Curse of Wardenwood", I figured the only male character in the group had to be this guy, he is the rogue:

Punga Miniatures:

720X720-welcome5.jpg

Also, the half-orc barbarian pregen also from Punga:

720X720-welcome1.jpg

Finally picked up a banner, as one of my adventures I gave one of the pregens, a magical war banner to help the party in the fight vs the forces of evil:

Vae Victis

720X720-01.jpg

Finally, in the 3d print section, @PaganMegan posted a hag & it reminded me I needed a unique looking hag for a upcoming adventure, but the one she posted while very cool, wasn't what I wanted, so I went with a different sculpt but from the same sculptor, Tytantroll:

720X720-clothed-ancient-witch.jpg

This one comes in 2 version, unclothed & this one. I think the unclothed one doesn't come with manacles, as I didn't see any shots without them, but after a bit, I thought of why she has them on, so in the end, I went with this one.

• Like 9

Two acquisitions to report.  The first is a Reaper DHL order, which puts my collection to a complete run of figs up to RPR 3700.  The second was a Lincoln Electric MIG welder which will be used for body work on the Sunbeam Alpine I'm currently restoring - once it finally warms up around here.

The Egg

• Like 7

So, I wasn't going to get any of the heavy panzermechs for Konflikt '47 right away, because they are silly expensive since they are metal and resin.

Then I heard the company was raising their metal and resin prices April 1st due to material prices increasing.

So happened to have to drive to a town an hour from here, and it happens to have a very nice hobby store that carries Bolt Action and Konflikt....

20220330_IMG_2773.jpg.9059f57111f7bc47831b1b8259b55d13.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

So, I wasn't going to get any of the heavy panzermechs for Konflikt '47 right away, because they are silly expensive since they are metal and resin.

Then I heard the company was raising their metal and resin prices April 1st due to material prices increasing.

So happened to have to drive to a town an hour from here, and it happens to have a very nice hobby store that carries Bolt Action and Konflikt....

20220330_IMG_2773.jpg.9059f57111f7bc47831b1b8259b55d13.jpg

Ah, the ole "raise prices later" way to acquire things. :poke:

Curious are the 2 systems compatible with each other (same company, same rules - different rules)?

Ordered a couple miniature/hobby orders earlier this week but waiting for them to arrive before I show them off. I did do a order with Victoria Miniatures this morning:

UKRAINE-1_51720a36-b4b3-47ac-ac6c-5a1b66

(They are on her webstore & you can either get it as a physical resin miniature or as a stl miniature. I went with the stl option.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1