Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

Since I mentioned here, my daughter got 2nd place in the Gem State Comic Con cosplay contest over in Boise, ID last Saturday. She lost to anther armor costume.  She got a free large pizza coupon from a company in Idaho (they make gourmet style pizzas) & a lifetime admission pass to GSCC.

GNOMISH BAZAAR order came yesterday, bit my Weds game I left it alone till today.

MtG Unpainted Miniatures: Wrenn and Seven (90401)
MtG Unpainted Miniatures: Reidane, Goddess of Justice (90283)

Reaper Bones: Carrion Worm (77541)
Reaper Bones: Nagendra Swordsmen (2) (77695) x2

Pathfinder Deep Cuts: Zombie Brute (90447)    
Pathfinder Deep Cuts: Male Elf Fighter (90169)
Pathfinder Deep Cuts: Children (73183) x4

D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Frost Giant Skeleton (90430)    
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Redcaps (90438)    
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Myconid Sovereign & Sprouts (90427) x2    
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Korreds (90439)    
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Yuan-Ti Anathema (90256)
D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Black Dragon Wyrmling (73850)

20220414_143707.jpg

20220414_143616.jpg

20220414_143539.jpg

20220414_143444.jpg

Also, my latest order from MicroMark came today. It's a glue holder. It uses tattoo ink cups & it's a weighted piece of metal. Something I've needed for quite some time, but never have pulled the trigger for till now. Also included in the order were extra cups & some medium grit sanding sticks (2) from Infini models. Since Flexi-file brands were out here locally, I just added those to the order. They are nice to use.

20220414_142939.jpg

1649976282152616850848740331477.jpg

• Like 9

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/14/2022 at 6:42 PM, Mad Jack said:

That glue holder is neat. I'll have to make myself one of those sometime.

It's a simple thing but it works. Compact size too, as you can see in the pic, around a inch diameter.

Hobby supply shipment showed up today (kinda surprised tbh as I was expecting it next week, UPS ground but from Cali). Hobby shop I found on ebay & then saw they had a regular shop online. Burbank House of Hobbies - Burbank, California.  Discount on items & decent shipping & great selection.

Tamiya:

Acrylic:

Xf26 deep green

Xf9 hull red

Lacquer (looking forward to trying these!)

Lp18 dull red

Lp11 silver

Lp5 semi gloss black

Fine white primer

Spare 20ml bottle (used for..  )

Lacquer thinner - hobby/plastic friendly

Sanding sponges 400 & 600 grit - looking forward to trying these out!

Lacquer sprays:

Ts38 gunmetal

Ts14 gloss black

Ts9 British green

Ts76 mica silver

Could have sworn I ordered semi gloss black & bare metal, but I have these colors on order at the local shop.  I would have ordered the sprays above there, but it takes allot longer & I'm in the mood to hobby now.

Mr Hobby:

Aqueous (Acrylic)

39 purple

6 green

76 burnt iron

Alclad II Lacquer- stainless steel (DeLorean time machine - what else? :lol:)

BSI -

Maxi cure extra thick super glue

Insta cure gap filling medium general purpose super glue

Insta set super glue accelerator

Walthers Solvaset - thee decal setting solution!

It's been awhile since I stocked up & didn't realize how low or out my supplies were. Plus, looking forward to trying out new items too. I'm "hobbied-out" as far as spending! ::P:

1650077314487803987314558730851.jpg

• Like 8

Was out to FLGS tonight to play some Legion and part of the latest Warlord Games order was in....

20220419_IMG_2841.jpg.0ff08e531d72027ab93ba7f72ea14c73.jpg

The bag on the left is the rather unique Wurfrahmen 40, often called the "Stuka zu Fuss".  It basically performs very much like my fun fun Nebelwerfer, but more mobile, and it goes in the tank slot, so both can be fielded in the same platoon, for maximum chaos.

The others are for Konflikt 47. The two blisters on the right each contain 2 Nachjager, monstrous flying creations using Rift tech. The middle box is a unit of Nachtalben, creations using some of the tech used in Nachjagers, this are closer to human, so able to use weapons.

Next order I need to get the "werewolves".....

I've got to get some of this K47 stuff assembled so I can play a game.....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Wyrd is having an easter sale...    

And they have a rabbit pulling a girl out of a hat...   

Easter Angelica is on its way together with a few others. 

I was sorely tempted by that one, but I haven't heard great things about their pre-assembled PVC stuff.

They also had some original Hannah the Librarian kits too (An old "holy grail" mini of mine), but sensible me won out and wouldn't let me throw a 100 bucks at some of Wyrds earliest plastics.

• Like 3

@SamuraiJack Here to hoping you recover quickly!! My uncle got it late last year & really hasn't recovered from it yet. It doesn't help that he broke his ankle while stepping up to get into his truck & he got it at the care facility he was at. Since he is overweight (always been a factor in his life & is close to to 90, it's been a struggle for him. Luckily he did get his vaccination when he could & was on his way to get his booster shot, when the accident happened. ::(:

While not acquired items, I did preorder a few Unpainted minis tonight at the store. Hopefully they'll make it in before I need them (knowing the current shipping/supply situation, who knows)

Nolzur's

Jabberwock

Mimic - Outhouse version

Harengon Rogues

MtG

Shigeki, Jukai Visionary

• Like 6

Ok, never say never.....

With my flgs players wanting to get those Golden Ticket awards, that means I need to start prepping the first AL adventure I'm gonna run next month sometime + I needed a couple minis right now (couple I need for Saturday's game), so order placed with Gnomish Bazaar Tuesday this week, order was received today! Now that is fantastic service!

(No pics this time as I kinda forgot & already started to take things out of packages & such:

Reaper Bones Black: Dreadmere Wight (44022)     (always have liked this sculpt, I think this is maybe the 3rd time I've pick this guy up)

Reaper Bones: Saproling Warrior (77495) x 2

Reaper Bones: Dire Crocodile (77670)    x2 (Saturday encounter!

Reaper Bones USA: Giant Tomb Rats (6) (07031)     (detail on these is fantastic, smaller then regular Bones figures, but ideal giant rats)

Reaper Bones USA: Giant Spider (2) (07051)     (spaced this one, but eh, always good to have spiders on hand)

Reaper Bones USA: Rask, Male Harefolk (30052)    (I remembered to order him this time!! Fantastic sculpt!)

Reaper Bones: Harpy (77041)    x 3 (I have enough of these now for a unit in Warhammer!:lol:)

D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Young Red Dragon (90035)    

D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Boggles (90437)     (eventually, Saturday encounter)

D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Giant Spider & Egg Clutch (90077) x 4

D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures: Grung (73845)     (needed this one for one of my Saturday players, he is playing a grung warlock)

The Army Painter: Precision Side Cutter (TL503) (I'll be using these for resin only support removal)

WizKids Deep Cuts: Pack Mule (2) (73552)

• Like 7

1 minute ago, SotF said:

Is it just me or do the children look, almost, like they're based on Rose and Thorne from Curse of Strahd?

It could be, but they look more like standard farm children (at least the boy does, the girl could be anything) then the actual artwork shown in the book. Which to be honest, makes them  creepier then they should be. I've ran Death Houe twice & I've never shown that picture to my players. ^_^

While I'd like the to be different, I'm in need for 12 children minis (plain, no weapons, armor etc etc) so these will fit the bill. I'll pick up the rest later on in the year.

• Like 3

So I pre-ordered the AP Speedpaints Mega box when it was announced back in Feb? with a release date of late March.

All of the Canadian (at least ) Mega boxes have been MIA for a number of weeks, so shipping "issue".

Everything else has been out, so finally grabbed a fairly random single bottle on Tuesday night (Camo Cloak).

My ritual of purchasing worked, as this showed up by lunch Wednesday.

20220422_IMG_2843.jpg.38007869a3d7e151d982740c3544dd0f.jpg

Unfortunately Wednesday night was all doing work (I so "love" when critical MS server patching lands on my on-call week) and last night was Bolt Action night, so I haven't even cracked the plastic yet.....

• Like 7