Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

11 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

So I pre-ordered the AP Speedpaints Mega box when it was announced back in Feb? with a release date of late March.

All of the Canadian (at least ) Mega boxes have been MIA for a number of weeks, so shipping "issue".

Everything else has been out, so finally grabbed a fairly random single bottle on Tuesday night (Camo Cloak).

My ritual of purchasing worked, as this showed up by lunch Wednesday.

20220422_IMG_2843.jpg.38007869a3d7e151d982740c3544dd0f.jpg

Unfortunately Wednesday night was all doing work (I so "love" when critical MS server patching lands on my on-call week) and last night was Bolt Action night, so I haven't even cracked the plastic yet.....

It's funny I seen these on miniature market while at work & was going to order when u got home,  since I have a 18 dollar gift code,  but when I did the last 5 in stock were gone. 

Most likely I'll just get them through the FLGS, when they receive their shipment. Which could be anytime.

(Odd, forum won't let me post under Corsair's pic):

Love the padding in that one. Nice case.

13 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Today picked up a really neat case for my pistols in Cowboy Action Shooting.

image.thumb.png.80ea93fc3f0f4eb580bab8aad9209e97.png

image.thumb.png.c1affc85bb456fe92db54a076d028de2.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the suggestion of other forumites [enablers] I went to Dollar Tree today to look for some stuff for Stargrave. Found some dinos, a set of foam dice [no idea what I'll use those for], a wannabe Lego Space ship and some other odd bits that with some paint and details should work well. For $10 a great idea and suggestion!

image.thumb.png.e9534675d52c7523560c6a58da37ec7b.png

• Like 11

Stopped by the flgs at lunch to pick up a couple of paints, and the rest of my Bolt Action/Konflikt '47 order had come in.
20220426_IMG_2872.jpg.aa8f2b05800a5003092b66fe874675dd.jpg

So the paints are Army Painter Air (locally available and don't need to thin for airbrushing), Charred Bone and Bleached Bone, to go with Skeleton Bone to make up the triad (AP has started doing triads...wonder where they got that idea from....).

Hoping to get a decent dunkelgleb using that triad.  Hopefully.

The Panzer III fills in the hole between the Panzer II and Panzer IV in my collection.

And Resurgence and Defiance are the two expansion books that are out for Konflict '47. I'm told Defiance basically updates the rules to Bolt Action 2nd Ed, which is good.  The fewer differences between BA and K47 the better, as far as me not getting the rules wrong at least....

• Like 8

So that whole no more hobby stuff this month.......

I got a email notification that MM restocked Army Painter Speed Paint Starters in, so with shipping & my gift code from a refunded purchase, it came it to a little over $25. I couldn't pass that one up. I was going to order their Matte Air paint & Grey primer for Air, but figured I'd just order those from my FLGS. He can only order Sets from AP, thou some stuff he can, just not paint thanks to the GW rules of sale. (gotta love the elephant in the room, sometimes). Eventually I'll get around to ordering those.

FLGS, after the game tonight I placed a order for the following Unpainted figs:

Pathfinder Deep Cuts:

Children x 2 (these were Out of Stock, so I may end up cancelling it, cause he has no idea when they'll get restocked through his distrib).

Nolzur's

Nightmare x2

Wight/Ghast (placed, but found out it's out of stock & they are replacing this with the Frameworks figures...Uhhhh ok then 4.99 figure for 2 vs whatever x2 for 2 Frameworks - great strategy there Wizkids!!! :rolleyes:). Eventually I'll take a peek at the Wizkids Wight, just to see if I like it or not. If not eh, no big loss there.

• Like 8

Bought myself something nice, a big wristwatch.

1626374520_BlueAngels.thumb.jpg.9a468469d0d8fd8090c4f0cdc044bda9.jpg

Citizen Eco-Drive World Chronomaster "Blue Angels" edition. Solar powered, chronometer, perpetual calendar, and the outer bezel is a slide ruler (currently set to kg-lbs conversion), and it synchronizes with atomic clocks.

My old Timex watch still "works", but I dropped it at the gym last March and broke the Indiglo function. So I decided to upgrade to something needlessly complicated that appeals to my engineering brain.

• Like 14

I received anther hobby supply from Burbank Hobbies out of Cali today:

Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-27 German Gray 10ml 82127 × 1
Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-75 Buff 10ml 82175 × 1
Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-53 Clear Orange 10ml 82153 × 1
Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-48 Sparkling Silver 10ml 82148 × 1
Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-62 Titanium Gold 10ml 82162 × 1
Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-63 Titanium Silver 10ml 82163 × 1
Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-68 Clear Blue 10ml 82168 × 1
Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-20 Light Gun Metal 10ml 82120 × 1
Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-04 Flat White 10ml 82104 × 1 (I used this tonight & I wasn't that impressed with it. Hopefully next time it'll be better)
Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-01 Black 10ml 82101 × 1
Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-52 Clear Red 10ml 82152 × 1
Tamiya Lacquer Paint LP-38 Flat aluminum 10ml 82138 × 1

(With the way BH ships these bottles out & I'm sure they are just re-using what Tamiya ships their product to their customers, but it's a simple plastic "6-pack" tray with a top & bottom to it. I really like em, they hold the bottle tight when all 6 are in there, & you can use both the top & bottom trays as separate pieces.)

Humbrol Enamel 14ml (239) British Racing Green Gloss AA0239 × 1 (oddly all this was used was for a very small area that will barely be seen after the kit is built, ha ha beats "de-canning" the Tamiya spray for brush work.)

ProTech 1/24-25 Chrome Ignition Coil PTMC-66 × 1
Gofer Racing 1/25 Prewired Distributor W/ Boot Brown 16010 × 1 (all this was used for, was the sparkplug boot material (aka a rubber hose material) for the model I'm working on. The actual 4 cylinder distributor will be here early next week. I'll use this Distrib in anther kit.)

Sad thing was this order was placed (as a bday gift for me, from my wife, she said "Order some hobby stuff." "Ok then!" but was placed for a bottle of Tamiya x7 red, but they were out of stock. I ended up getting the paint through a Big River dealer, decent prices but I'll have that tomorrow, but I was going to use a coupon code I got my last order for a reduced price. I totally spaced off the code. I also learned like 5 mins after I placed the order, they carry Stylynrez primers & have the red-brown one I want in stock. I may have to do anther order early next month....

• Like 8

As I am prone to cutting myself (or having several near-misses), I decided to take an idea from work and order myself some cut-resistant gloves for when I remove mold lines especially since I've upgraded to using a scalpel instead of a hobby knife. Haven't gotten the chance to try them yet, but I am hopeful that they are up to the task.

I've had the package with my Typhoon vortex mixer sitting here for almost two weeks, but haven't had the chance to open it or test it yet. Super excited to see how it comes to the one I got from Amazon over a year ago. Eager to put it to the test; Robert at Typhoon is confident in his products, so I'm going to test it out on my hardest-to-mix P3 metallic, Brass Balls. If it can mix that, I'm convinced it'll mix anything, and I'll be shilling his products for the rest of my life.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

As I am prone to cutting myself (or having several near-misses), I decided to take an idea from work and order myself some cut-resistant gloves for when I remove mold lines especially since I've upgraded to using a scalpel instead of a hobby knife. Haven't gotten the chance to try them yet, but I am hopeful that they are up to the task.

I've had the package with my Typhoon vortex mixer sitting here for almost two weeks, but haven't had the chance to open it or test it yet. Super excited to see how it comes to the one I got from Amazon over a year ago. Eager to put it to the test; Robert at Typhoon is confident in his products, so I'm going to test it out on my hardest-to-mix P3 metallic, Brass Balls. If it can mix that, I'm convinced it'll mix anything, and I'll be shilling his products for the rest of my life.

Robert is a fantastic person, very enthusiastic "fan" of the hobby. I try to talk with him every time I've seen him at RCon. I've used my mixer more now that I'm in the garage for my hobbies. Since I have it on the floor next to my chair, it's just a reach over & touch. Fantastic piece of equipment.

Definitely put in some shakers for those thicker then norm paints. I'm slowly adding ones to ones I shake up.

• Like 6

Picked up a bunch of Rocketpig Games minis using a 66% off flash code. Also picked up some stls that I needed for RCon games & my FLGS game. Since, I didn't pick it up when it was first shown, I picked up the Berzerker Bunny by AVG, using a flash code for 50%. He'll fit perfect in the AL game, I'm gonna run for my group so we can accomplish a store goal towards a year-end game.

il_500x500.3068996373_ks1y.jpg

• Like 8

I finally have some new stuff to post.

I made a reaper order so I could get the Ukrainian relief mini.

142ABE65-4994-46BC-B7D6-D1452A487E4C.thumb.jpeg.c3123c1db61d8ee311d601d598047d1e.jpeg

And I got some Pro-Acryl paints after trying some at paint night. They’re glorious. 

144865AA-4C9D-498C-8094-82A296D9B4B8.thumb.jpeg.69f09621a99c32e08cffac14507688eb.jpeg

• Like 9

On 4/30/2022 at 2:41 PM, ManvsMini said:

Why am I afraid you're gonna cut yourself opening the package containing the cut-resistant gloves?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Why am I afraid you're gonna cut yourself opening the package containing the cut-resistant gloves?

Maybe because I cut myself on the metal hangers the cleaning service at work puts uniforms on while I was removing mine from my locker Friday night? Ooo, or probably because I, when learning to shave as a wee MvM, cut myself with a safety razor? Yes. A razor designed for the very purpose of preventing cuts while shaving.

Surprisingly, I have not yet cut myself with the scalpel. But I always carry alcohol prep-wipes and bandaids just in case. The gloves are in a plastic bag so here's hoping all goes well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4