Jump to content

Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second


OneBoot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Headed out on a trip with various family members, and we were supposed to be seeing the Tecumseh play...but they're rained out for the night. Coming back up to see it next week (hoping that it's dry and cool), but I did get an arrowhead and 2 pins (one from the Tecumseh gift shop and the other from the Hopewell Cultural Center national park...not sure what else I'll be seeing up here, but the Hopewell site was rather neat there

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one was available for a game of Legion tonight unfortunately, but I still popped over to the FLGS for a little retail therapy.

 

20220809_IMG_0109.JPG.e66953c9bca1948061680dd98f6bf220.JPG

Yes, I already have a Gar Saxon, but after assembling him recently I decided I wanted to do the rifle version as well, so I grabbed another one.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Paints and paints and paints.

And also freebies.

 

That devil lady sure has a very wobbly trident. Gotta be the bendiest Bones piece I've seen yet.

image.thumb.png.79631d45a5ba440bb1592d46e4978f7b.png

 

 

Yah, that one didn't translate to Bones material very well. I think the one I got was floppier then what you've shown here. Glad I picked her up in metal at RCon one year.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ordered a few hobbying things in... 

- several different packs of styrene (sheets, rods, tubes) for modding my Zaku 1 Sniper 

- Mr Hobby apron (because sure, why not) 

- new drill vice (current one is lovely, but this one has a tool free chuck!) 

- roll of Polymaker grey ABS (which will hopefully keep the Trident fed for at least a few days) 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm currently laid up with COVID, but my FLGS was willing to do a contactless delivery yesterday.  Finally got a copy of Goodman Games' Mutant Crawl Classics to peruse while I'm recovering.

 

The EggPXL_20220811_205431262.thumb.jpg.d7f465c4bb02cd3de3d215aadf6d2bb8.jpg

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ordered a few more hobbying things because I realized I needed them... 

- 1.5mm and 2mm flat core drill bits

- Tungsten Carbide chamfer bit

 

Figured they would be useful for doing things like tiny additions of inset details, doubly so the flat drill bits. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Egg of Coot said:

I'm currently laid up with COVID, but my FLGS was willing to do a contactless delivery yesterday.  Finally got a copy of Goodman Games' Mutant Crawl Classics to peruse while I'm recovering.

 

The EggPXL_20220811_205431262.thumb.jpg.d7f465c4bb02cd3de3d215aadf6d2bb8.jpg

Get better @Egg of Coot

 

Gamma world stuff?

Or metamorphosis alpha?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

Get better @Egg of Coot

 

Gamma world stuff?

Or metamorphosis alpha?

Goodman Games' version, compatible with their DCC system

 

Description

Triumph & Technology Won by Mutants & Magic

You’re no zero.

You’re a wasteland wanderer: a mutant, a seeker, a robot-killer, a stoic shaman guarding forgotten ancient sciences. You seek triumph and technology, winning it with mutations and magic, soaked in the radiation and quantum fields of the mutated, the savage, the semi-sentient, and the artificially intelligent. There are treasures to be won in the taboo lands and ruins, and you shall have them.

Return to the glory days of science fiction gaming with the Mutant Crawl Classics Role Playing Game. Adventure like it’s 1978 again, with modern rules grounded in the origins of post-apocalyptic role-playing. Fast play, a mysterious future, and 100% compatibility with the DCC RPG system await you — just activate your artifact…

What makes MCC RPG great? Glad you asked…

It’s a fast and easy-to-learn system that is perfect for all ages.

MCC is 100% compatible with Dungeon Crawl Classics, allowing for easy conversion of DCC modules and even crossover events.

A unique character creation system that funnels potential adventurers through a zero-level game to create a PC you know from the ground up.

Over a dozen adventure modules are currently available to use in your campaign, with more on the way.

Includes the introductory adventure Assault on the Sky-High Tower to get you into the game quickly.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, haldir said:

Goodman Games' version, compatible with their DCC system

 

Description

Triumph & Technology Won by Mutants & Magic

You’re no zero.

You’re a wasteland wanderer: a mutant, a seeker, a robot-killer, a stoic shaman guarding forgotten ancient sciences. You seek triumph and technology, winning it with mutations and magic, soaked in the radiation and quantum fields of the mutated, the savage, the semi-sentient, and the artificially intelligent. There are treasures to be won in the taboo lands and ruins, and you shall have them.

Return to the glory days of science fiction gaming with the Mutant Crawl Classics Role Playing Game. Adventure like it’s 1978 again, with modern rules grounded in the origins of post-apocalyptic role-playing. Fast play, a mysterious future, and 100% compatibility with the DCC RPG system await you — just activate your artifact…

What makes MCC RPG great? Glad you asked…

It’s a fast and easy-to-learn system that is perfect for all ages.

MCC is 100% compatible with Dungeon Crawl Classics, allowing for easy conversion of DCC modules and even crossover events.

A unique character creation system that funnels potential adventurers through a zero-level game to create a PC you know from the ground up.

Over a dozen adventure modules are currently available to use in your campaign, with more on the way.

Includes the introductory adventure Assault on the Sky-High Tower to get you into the game quickly.

so Gamma World...

 

Still have mine  (Box set of GW) from waaaayyyy back when....

Even got some figures at Reapercon 16!

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 Jack jumped on a few EvilBuy grenades this week...

 

 Fifteen bucks plus shipping for a small lot that included Ral Partha 11-069 Raistlin...

 

image.png.f5150ea3a399d865306774706156007d.png

 

 

And a pair of auctions that Jack won because nobody else was bidding, total $50 plus shipping... Those with sharp eyes might spot three of the four plastic Ral Partha 11-XXX elementals hiding in the back behind the HeroQuest figures...

 

image.thumb.png.40705a0feca353e3b1576c59acf0eb63.png

image.thumb.png.cbbcba23093c2312d9a58af343dde24d.png

 

 

... The significance of this being that Jack just picked up a couple hundred dollars' worth of old Ral Partha for under a hundred... ::D::B):::D:

 

 

 Oh, and if any of y'all want the HeroQuest stuff when it arrives just send me a message... I've got no use for it.

 

 

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

And a pair of auctions that Jack won because nobody else was bidding, total $50 plus shipping... Those with sharp eyes might spot three of the four plastic Ral Partha 11-XXX elementals hiding in the back behind the HeroQuest figures...

 

 

Personally, I don't see anything that would make them so highly X-rated. ::P:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...