Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Acquired; 

Something I thought I'd never buy, but they fit the mini better then a circle style.

Also acquired but no need to show multi pack of black Expo dry erase markers to replace the one that died. RIP

Exciting eh? :lol:

16606096330683611542335793542864.jpg

• Like 7

I acquired super corgi butts (in black as well as white), some colour cards (one set is white/black, the other is pink/grey), and yet another hobbying knife because this one is a thicker blade at a different angle than the three others I have.

The first item is a silly paintable thing on a sprue/runner that's modelled after the two shop corgis at DSPIAE, and I fully intend on painting my pearlescent and Iridescent paints onto them... 

Probably something else in all that I forgot about.. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 6

Was over to a town most of an hour from here on Sunday.  The owner of the local gaming shop was putting on his 2nd annual family fun day at the Legion (fun event, some local craft folks, some Stormtroopers and a R2D2, some SCA (I assume) folks, some superheroes.  A bit of everything), and the local Bolt Action rep was putting on a battle of Pegasus Bridge Bolt Action game where anyone could just pop in and play a few units of German defenders or British Airborne attackers. (town is right by an army base so lots of interest in BA).

I also popped into the gaming shop (conveniently next door) and picked up a few Russian Konflikt '47 boxes that were still at pre "metal got more expensive" pricing, since I recently acquired that K47 Russian starter.

20220816_IMG_0128.JPG.39ca255930afc510d19e32a15faa9435.JPG

The sprues in the baggie are standard Bolt Action Russian troops.  The rep gave everyone who played in the event their choice of a sprue of infantry.

The K47 boxes are: A special officer with 2 "werebears", some heavy infantry in big clunky armor, one of the heavy walkers, and a unit box of "werebears".

The Canadian infantry box I got in trade from the rep.  He has a set of the plastic battle boards from that terrible Games & gears KS from some number of years ago.  I had two copies of the same set (they sent me a second set after I complained about the terrible paint jobs on the first set) that I wasn't using or had any real plans for, so I took those over and got some infantry for whenever I get around to doing some British/Canadian.

• Like 7

That was NOT the Tiny Tina mini I got. THIS is the Tiny Tina mini I got:

20220816_125643.thumb.jpg.c3b97160e6b770feef7d7eb37b32f859.jpg

I am saddened by all the mold lines but otherwise seems sturdy. I am also always weirded out that they put pegs on the feet but no holes on the base. Though I did flip the base over and there are holes on the inside of the bottom...

• Like 9

Late 70s kids will know what model inspired this one.

816256510_LEGOGalaxyExplorerfront.thumb.jpg.b92daa859ad3c7c687c789c99d6be94f.jpg

386018341_LEGOGalaxyExplorerback.thumb.jpg.4041d3f4f9f46bd2cf2dc9e22340593c.jpg

Original set:

497_Front_scaled.jpg

LEGO even has instructions online for the updated smaller models.

As a kid, I owned the other small models, and always desired the biggest one.

Did I mention it's my birthday soon? Gift to myself.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

aag-cover-art.jpg

SPELLJAMMER!!!

Preordered back in May? or so off of D&D Beyond. Only problem with ordering digital is no physical map, something I miss. I will admit, when my Saltmarsh campaign ends & we switch to SJ, I may get a physical copy of the books.

• Like 10

Latest Bolt Action order came in to the FLGS today.  And I keep ordering too much, but oh well..........

20220816_IMG_0135.JPG.8579bb7319d7a554956c16d82d21d0cc.JPG

So the big bag is an Elefant, which I absolutely don't need, but is cool 🙂 

Below that is yet another multi launcher, the Panzerwerfer 42 Maultier.  I expect I'll never field all my multi launchers together, but they are so fun to get.

Speaking of which, next is a Waffen SS Nebelwerfer.....

Below that is a Kradschutzen Motorcycle with sidecar.

Then we we have the Kettenkrad, which is like a motorcycle halftrack.

And finally a 2nd Hungarian Anti-tank teams blister, for my upcoming (eventually) Hungarian army.

• Like 5

Noble Knight order arrived today...

(Got sucked in when they said that they had Secret Weapon Bases....)

Lava Bases for infernal critters...

DSC03065.thumb.JPG.65453991699a00a49c7397c94b53042a.JPG

Not sure who will go on the 120, but I have Fractured Dimensions Orcus, Geryon and several other Lords...

Some Sewer works stuff...

DSC03066.thumb.JPG.d78e0f84ab54edd3686cf1b81d027e91.JPG

I really liked the way the one I did for Mathias the Nosferatu came out so...

Really sad that SW is gone...😥

An old Ral Parha Elf Anti Hero 01-164

DSC03067.thumb.JPG.fb3e83158262611d1900cbd546772841.JPG

Did this fogure back in college in the EARLY 90s for my NPC, sans the wings, and wouldn't you know a player decided to use him as his PC...

DSC03072.thumb.JPG.25c9b132a4d17dc62d388780924168ea.JPG

Another Ral Partha Peryton, (11-530) This one missing the horns, so I likely got it cheap...

The last one I got was missing the tail piece, so I plan to make 2 molds, 1 tail, one horns so that I will have 2 complete minis!

(At least this time, I knew the part was missing)

DSC03068.thumb.JPG.411c3eede0c4906e7f9b9d0a447dbfd7.JPG

With the 2 Parthas from back when, and the Reaper one, I'll have a darn flock!

Some Ral Partha US Infantry in 25mm..

DSC03069.thumb.JPG.7c8ab125aa42890c9f8641ab56c2c5d8.JPG

What I'm going to use them for...

2 Battle mechs, a Wolfhound and a Vindicator

:DSC03071.thumb.JPG.f83e928a67f7cd6fe79e2e2536881530.JPGDSC03070.thumb.JPG.30d68fbfd61e34a4b68b64d0e1fac2bf.JPG

These are different sculpts from the ones I've had since the 80s so...

Relatively inexpensive, considering the source!

• Like 12

Yay! CBT minis are always good!

Picked up some decal paper yesterday for some model railroad cars. Also got a N scale Great Northern 4-8-4 in a trade. Beautiful locomotive, now I have to get the proper passenger consist for it.

• Like 6

On 8/13/2022 at 2:32 AM, Mad Jack said:

Fifteen bucks plus shipping for a small lot that included Ral Partha 11-069 Raistlin...

So, it turns out the rest of this lot ended up being two of the three figures from RAFM's RIFTS 8005 Men of Magic blister, and a couple of Mithril LotR figures (Gimli and three hobbits), although I can't identify which series they're from.

Also, another thing I bought from the same seller, a "lot" of two figures ("elven princess and wraith"), for $8 was actually the male from RP 11-020 Elf Militant Wizards, lol, and the Heartbreaker M:tG 9102 Dark Ritual figure.   ::):  Always nice to have a second copy of an M:tG figure...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

So, it turns out the rest of this lot ended up being two of the three figures from RAFM's RIFTS 8005 Men of Magic blister, and a couple of Mithril LotR figures (Gimli and three hobbits), although I can't identify which series they're from.

I trust you checked lostminiswiki....

@Mad Jack

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, knarthex said:

I trust you checked lostminiswiki....

@Mad Jack

And the Mithril website.

HAH!

Twenty-eight pages of Mithril archives later...

Discontinued M Series...

M123 Frodo and Sam (no Sam)

M127 Gimli

M129 Merry and Pippin

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8

Bazaar of Gnomes order showed up today!

Wave 18 Nolzur's 

2x Duergar fighters (tech 1 each & 2 Stone Guards but whose counting) 

Yuan ti Abomination (gotta admit kinda disappointed with the size. Glad I found a stl file for it)

Wave 17 Nolzur's 

Orc rangers

Reaper

Giant snake

Shroomies (with all the hype these get on the Discord, figured get em now vs at the Con)

16608566252383898675827026078427.jpg

• Like 7