Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

Also recently acquired the fuzzy fellowship, which I discovered upon arrival was missing a hobbit.  Per creator, not anything the seller did. Kermit could be a hobbit, but then we'd be down a ranger, and with piggy as the elf princess, Kermit has to be strider.  So have ordered an additional beaker, so he can be the two sidekicks.  Personally I think the sculptor should have added dr honeydew as a hobbit, then he and beaker could go to mordor. 

Screenshot_20231013_054450_Etsy.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Well, not mini related but had a package of stuff show up for the model railroad. Some turnouts and controllers, one car and a very neat little station that is prebuilt and gorgeous.

gd62.jpeg

gd63.jpeg

Technically, that is a "mini" when compared to the real thing. ::D:

Always did like model train stuff, just never any room to really set up something & the cash for em.

Finally figured out my October order with Reaper. Again, with so many years of going to ReaperCon & a resin printer, it makes it hard to shop when it comes to a threshold like the Ghoulie bag or free shipping.

In the end my order was this:

02833 Medusa $4.99

08525 Precision Tip Tweezers $5.99

30133 Librarian Sophie $7.99

77259 Fly Demon x2 $7.98

77363 Deva $5.99

77550 Crusader Champion (attacking) $3.99

77552 Crusader Justifier (Greatsword) $3.99

77554 Crusader Defender (spear) x 3 $11.97

01031 Ghoulie Bag Promotion FREE

07101 Kadarg, Scarneck Hobgoblin Warrior FREE

09694 Breast Cancer Awareness Pink FREE

77330 Derro Leader FREE

I forgot to remove the BCA Pink bottle, eh what's anther one.....

Funny, I kinda mocked the tweezers, but after using the ones I got from the Con Box, I like them enough to have a backup one or it may see regular use in other things. Also, tbh, I think the only thing I really needed out of this order was the BUSA Sophie, ha ha. It was OoS at the Hote/Reaper Store when I went to buy it this year. Everything is something I won't need for quite awhile as they are part of Tier 4 D&D game for my Weds players. Currently they are 11th level. (T4 is levels 17-20). I'll just store them away till needed. Freebie mini were kinda eh for me this time around. Appropriately themed of course, just nothing I didn't have or was too excited about. I am looking forward to the new hobgoblin, thou I'm in the Oriental crowd when it comes to hobgoblin attire. At least I had my Con gift code/credit to help with the the order as well.

• Like 10

While the value of my Mystery Minis box was good, I think I may have gotten a really poor pull. 9 zombies, 3 grave kings, 4 wraith riders, and a dread wolf. 

When bones 6 shows up, I will have like 30 of these zombies.

Edit: it's all painted. The models didn't disappoint,  the mix in my box kinda did 

20231015_065529.jpg

Edited by cosxcam
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

On 10/13/2023 at 10:59 AM, Corsair said:

Well, not mini related but had a package of stuff show up for the model railroad. Some turnouts and controllers, one car and a very neat little station that is prebuilt and gorgeous.

gd62.jpeg

gd63.jpeg

Every time you post train stuff it reminds me I need to deal with my dad's boxes of Marklin trains that have barely been touched in 40 years.  

Very nice haul!!  

On 10/13/2023 at 5:55 AM, ejala said:

Also recently acquired the fuzzy fellowship, which I discovered upon arrival was missing a hobbit.  Per creator, not anything the seller did. Kermit could be a hobbit, but then we'd be down a ranger, and with piggy as the elf princess, Kermit has to be strider.  So have ordered an additional beaker, so he can be the two sidekicks.  Personally I think the sculptor should have added dr honeydew as a hobbit, then he and beaker could go to mordor. 

Screenshot_20231013_054450_Etsy.jpg

Thank you!  You found my next print job.  And the files are free!  

The only thing I have acquired in the last couple weeks is a couple weeks worth of double shifts.  16 hour days are gonna be rough, and my wife is already planning acquisitions with the earnings...  

Edited by Rahz
  • Like 7

Well, I've finally managed to acquire something and it's nerdy, too!

I finally picked up the We're In the Pipe Five by Five expansion to Gale Force 9's Aliens game.  This one comes with four new xenomorphs, Ferro, and Spunkmeyer!  Included for free was a mild chiding from the store owner because it's sometimes tough to get GF9 stuff.

Now I just need to relocate the other expansions, and then get around to finishing my rebuild of the old Leading Edge Games board, etc. for their Aliens game.  Oh, and to paint the minis...Yeah, I should do that.

• Like 11

Got a few paints in the mail today, along with some discounted minis that looked cool.

- Helen of Troy from the Infinity line (first mini I've ever gotten from that range)

- a box of House Shael Han Wrath Box from Wrath of Kings (only $4 for 8 minis, good enough for me)

- Knight Models movie sculpts of the Justice League (really only wanted the Wonder Woman sculpt, but I'll take the others as well)

- some minis from the Witcher RPG which I didn't know they were making minis for

- Tyranny of Dragons, which I'm hoping to run with the same group of people that I'm going to run Lost Mines of Phandelver for in the coming weeks/months

Not a bad haul, IMO.

• Like 8

I received my Elegoo Neptune 4 Plus yesterday.  Of course, Fedex just dropped a $500 printer on my front step and left and of course they showed up on the day when my wife and I were both in the office (it was supposed to arrive today).  Anyway, a kind neighbour moved it into my garage for me and once I'm done pulling 16 hour days, I will get to set it up and start printing some larger things...  

• Like 14

I'm (finally) going to get my bases. So I'll have (even more) minis to paint!

A few weeks ago, I remembered the existence of Star Trek books on tape. Well, CD, really. And I've been looking for them. It's amazing that they're not only fairly easy to find, they're also pretty cheap. The ones on actual cassettes are selling for less than a dollar. I found a few that I either remember listening to or wanting to check out and this will be a side project for me over the next few months. Sadly, the one that I had, that sent me down this rabbit hole, was part of a trilogy of books, but only the first one was made into a audiobook.

• Like 10

My FLGS had a painting competition yesterday.  Conveniently for them, the awards ceremony was almost an hour late, and I had nothing to do but shop in the store, so naturally I ended up purchasing a few things.  I exercised extreme willpower and only ended up spending about $35, though.  So I came home with a Reaper Zombie Dragon, a few bottles of paint, and a silver medal from the contest.  Pretty happy with that, actually.

• Like 11

Acquisitions! 

I picked up the Dspae grinder a few weeks ago, but dang I'm glad I did! This is perfect for model work. It doesn't spin extremely fast like a rotary tool. It's USB chargeable & oddly the wrench for bit changing is stored at the bottom of the handle. 

The panel liner & extra nibs arrived tonight. I need to practice on scrap plastic before using this as I've never have used the old fountain pen style pens.

Also first major Gnomish Bazaar order since I came back from ReaperCon this year. I was hoping they'd have the "dragonborn" figure, but they will later + I need a flail snail. ::):

(Edit I totally spaced I ordered 1 order last month from them....oops )

16993221219412504296939763894579.jpg

1699322217830278348374126348140.jpg

• Like 10