Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

3 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

What are folks' thoughts about the "aquatic mystery box"? I ordered one because I had some extra funds.

Part of me is tempted as I'd love more Jellyfish or groupers and dunks, but I also already own most of two Dark depths expansions so I have mermaids for days.  Most likely will choose the paint cup instead, should have leftovers of the con paints from this year, and some of those were rather nice. 

• Like 5

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

What are folks' thoughts about the "aquatic mystery box"? I ordered one because I had some extra funds.

Part of me is tempted as I'd love more Jellyfish or groupers and dunks, but I also already own most of two Dark depths expansions so I have mermaids for days.  Most likely will choose the paint cup instead, should have leftovers of the con paints from this year, and some of those were rather nice. 

Eta. Temptation won out. Will try to report back when it arrives.  Hopefully it won't be all barties and shark fins. 

Edited by ejala
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well, placed my Christmas order:

20743 Otterfolk Goblin Hunter and Pirate - 6.99 x 16.99

20744 Otterfolk Mage and Familiar - 6.99 x 16.99

20904 Axoloti Fighter - 4.99 x 14.99

20905 Axoloti Mage - 4.99 x 14.99

20906 Axoloti Rogue - 4.99 x 14.99

20915 Racoon Ranger - 4.99 x 14.99

20927 Hellborn Paladin - 4.99 x 14.99

20933 Pizza Dungeon Animatronics (4) - 9.99 x 19.99

30147 Tarmiczi, Female Dragonblood Paladin - 7.99 x 17.99

30157 Valavir Nightsong, Hellborn Wizard x 1FREE

09690 Hearth Fire x 1FREE

77741 Shardis, Female Elf Rogue x 1FREE

01641 Ghost of Christmas Past x 1FREE

• Like 8

10 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

I was tempted, because the Dark Depths expansion was so very good, but I spent too much money on metal minis that were about to go up in price.  On the plus side, right now those minis would cost about 70% more than I paid when I ordered them yesterday.  I still kind of want to get an Aquatic Mystery Box, though.

• Like 5

Made my December order.  Did not notice a price increase on the metal models I got. 

All values shown in US Dollars ($USD)

01661 Mistletoe Goblin - 7.99 x 1  7.99

09294 Alien Goo - 3.69 x 1  3.69

14066 Danithal, Elven Warlord - 7.49 x 1  7.49

14551 Vale Ranger Sergeant - 5.99 x 1   5.99

14634 Sinisthreax, Darkreach Warlord - 11.79 x 1  11.79

20734 Catfolk Buccaneer and Duelist - 7.99 x 1  7.99

77987 Ruined Doorway - 6.99 x 1  6.99

30157 Valavir Nightsong, Hellborn Wizard x 1FREE

09073 Chestnut Gold x 1FREE

77741 Shardis, Female Elf Rogue x 1FREE

01642 Ghost of Christmas Present x 1FREE

• Like 8

First 12 days order in this morning:

14183    Aysa, Necropolis Solo    $5.99    

20347    Treasure Dragon        $12.99    
77410    Foo Dog            $4.49    x2 $8.98
77633    Coffin And Corpse    $3.99     x2 $7.98
77639    Graveyard Altar        $3.99
80032    Ninja            $2.99    x4 $11.96

30157    Valavir Nightsong, Hellborn Wizard    FREE    
09687    Holly Berry                FREE    
01455    Zotzwick, Dwarf Krampus            FREE    
44141    Rune Wight Warriors (2)            FREE    

Hopefully after the promo is over I can place a order for the mousling & the new gnome, as those are the only minis I want out of the promo (have multiples of the others, thanks to Boneyard shopping at ReaperCon. :B):).

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

I haz a BarrowGate Box.  Now I must open the BGB. 

If it was the only Xmas present you are likely to get, would you wait until the 24th/25th to open it?? 🤔  :rock:

It has paint.  You need to check paint when you get it to make sure it's not leaking, or in these colder months, frozen.  Inside the BGB, there are three plain cardboard boxes iirc, one of paint and two of minis.  If you open a wrong one or two finding the paint, that's the price of vigilance. You don't have to look too closely at the rest of the box. 

Yes, this is jokingly justifying opening stuff early, but in all seriousness, they are limited edition paints so if one has blown up you're more likely to be able to get a good bottle now than in three weeks.  I'm betting on those paints being a large part of the mystery cups to move out stock.

• Like 6

So it's a little belated, but I'm the owner of a brand new KitchenAid fridge (Whirlpool build, KA branding). We are ever so slowly redoing our horrible kitchen. We decided to buy all the appliances first then build the cabinets around those. This was the last piece we needed and it would have been nice to wait until after the holidays to get it. But our old fridge decided to enter it's final death throes in the month before Thanksgiving. So we didn't have much of a choice. I don't have a water line for it yet, but I invited our handyman over for Thanksgiving and he said he'd come by this month and help me get that run under the kitchen. Anyways, here's some pictures!

PXL_20231109_141514689.thumb.jpg.21b272a4cefec8c2a0f52c696bc41e44.jpg

And one completely full of feasting goodness. 

1872378865_PXL_20231123_0108372262.thumb.jpg.492de575e678888b4761f57238a52596.jpg

if you'd told me 30 years ago how excited I'd be over I buying a fridge I'd be confused and sad. But adult me is very happy. 

• Like 14

I got new fridges last year and and love them! A nice one like yours for the kitchen and a cheapo for beverages and back stock in the garage. Costco had a deal that if you spent over $2k you got $500 off so the cheapo was basically free.

Possibly my favorite feature is that stainless steel isn’t magnetic and my kids beautiful art has to be displayed elsewhere, and I get to pretend I have at least one nice thing.

Adulting strong!

• Like 7

15 hours ago, ejala said:

You need to check paint when you get it…

15 hours ago, ejala said:

If you open a wrong one or two finding the paint, that's the price of vigilance.

That was not an issue. The box with the paint was the heavy one. Also, volumetrically its dimensions were 2x12 paint bottles. Got it on the first try. 

When I shook the paint bottles they made glop-glop-glop noises. I guess that means OK ?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TGP said:

That was not an issue. The box with the paint was the heavy one. Also, volumetrically its dimensions were 2x12 paint bottles. Got it on the first try. 

When I shook the paint bottles they made glop-glop-glop noises. I guess that means OK ?

Glop-glop sounds about right. I found they were a little runny and need a good shaking before use. Clunk-thunk or spilled all over were what I meant for you to check for.  

• Like 3

On 12/5/2023 at 8:49 PM, TGP said:

I haz a BarrowGate Box.  Now I must open the BGB. 

If it was the only Xmas present you are likely to get, would you wait until the 24th/25th to open it?? 🤔  :rock:

As I treat  the 25th of December as just anther regular day of the year, I say open it.

On 12/6/2023 at 5:30 AM, Thoramel said:

So it's a little belated, but I'm the owner of a brand new KitchenAid fridge (Whirlpool build, KA branding). We are ever so slowly redoing our horrible kitchen. We decided to buy all the appliances first then build the cabinets around those. This was the last piece we needed and it would have been nice to wait until after the holidays to get it. But our old fridge decided to enter it's final death throes in the month before Thanksgiving. So we didn't have much of a choice. I don't have a water line for it yet, but I invited our handyman over for Thanksgiving and he said he'd come by this month and help me get that run under the kitchen. Anyways, here's some pictures!

PXL_20231109_141514689.thumb.jpg.21b272a4cefec8c2a0f52c696bc41e44.jpg

And one completely full of feasting goodness. 

1872378865_PXL_20231123_0108372262.thumb.jpg.492de575e678888b4761f57238a52596.jpg

if you'd told me 30 years ago how excited I'd be over I buying a fridge I'd be confused and sad. But adult me is very happy. 

I'd be ecstatic about getting a new fridge. I think the one we have no was probably installed when the house was built (early 70s), so yah we need a upgrade. Nice storage!

On 12/5/2023 at 9:03 PM, ejala said:

It has paint.  You need to check paint when you get it to make sure it's not leaking, or in these colder months, frozen.  Inside the BGB, there are three plain cardboard boxes iirc, one of paint and two of minis.  If you open a wrong one or two finding the paint, that's the price of vigilance. You don't have to look too closely at the rest of the box. 

Yes, this is jokingly justifying opening stuff early, but in all seriousness, they are limited edition paints so if one has blown up you're more likely to be able to get a good bottle now than in three weeks.  I'm betting on those paints being a large part of the mystery cups to move out stock.

One of the benefits for TGP is he lives in Texas, so I doubt he'll have to worry about frozen paint. Totally agree thou, never know what might go on with this time of the year, but the Box does have limited time stuff in it.

Now if those paints were packaged by Talon Games, eh, you definitely need to check em. Last KS, order just paint & one had a loose cap, paint was all over everything in the baggie. Talon replaced that one & the covered bottles thou.

• Like 4

Got reaper Christmas order a day early for my birthday. To report on the aquatic mystery box, it had no duplicates, and as pictured below has about all the normal or Dire fish. Happy to have another jelly, eel, and dunk. Would have been even happier with more jelly and less shark, but not bad.  Everything was in the blister loose, so it's guesswork as to which base goes to which fish.  

Order also may have also included around two dozen mice.  The pistol cases are really package overkill, but will get repurposed.

20231208_164633.jpg

• Like 8