Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

OneBoot

21 minutes ago, ejala said:

Got reaper Christmas order a day early for my birthday. To report on the aquatic mystery box, it had no duplicates, and as pictured below has about all the normal or Dire fish. Happy to have another jelly, eel, and dunk. Would have been even happier with more jelly and less shark, but not bad.  Everything was in the blister loose, so it's guesswork as to which base goes to which fish.  

Order also may have also included around two dozen mice.  The pistol cases are really package overkill, but will get repurposed.

20231208_164633.jpg

Your report seems to match the others I've seen for these. Nice selection.

(& yes the pistol case while nice & can be used for other things (I use mine for weekly transport of minis to D&D games) is overkill for the mini sets, Reaper puts out like this.)

• Like 3

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently I've (or will) acquire a new Kickstarter rpg pdf. "The Hermit" by Troll Lord Games. I saw a blip about a Shadowdark converison & then @ReaperWolf mentioned it on bookeyFace this morning. Since they were close the the conversion goal, I went in for pdf level.

It feels kinda weird to back a KS with only (had) 9 hours left in it.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ejala said:

Got reaper Christmas order a day early for my birthday. To report on the aquatic mystery box, it had no duplicates, and as pictured below has about all the normal or Dire fish. Happy to have another jelly, eel, and dunk. Would have been even happier with more jelly and less shark, but not bad.  Everything was in the blister loose, so it's guesswork as to which base goes to which fish.  

Order also may have also included around two dozen mice.  The pistol cases are really package overkill, but will get repurposed.

20231208_164633.jpg

Nice. I would be very happy with a haul like that, as I need some of those for Ghost Archipelago. I'm also debating about putting together an aquatic miniatures game... :ph34r:

• Like 4

Got myself an expensive piece of kitchen equipment! A 25L stainless steel fermenter. My beer brewing has typically relied on plastic buckets and such for the fermentation process. But they eventually build up flavors from other beers. And because they're flat bottomed, there's more exposure to dead yeast that can cause off flavors as the process dies down. Admittedly, I'm judging myself here, but I think I make a decent beer. But it is difficult to make really light beers with subtle flavors when you're battling the taste of your last five beers. This ought to handle that and open up some styles I generally avoid! 

2115027524_PXL_20231213_2207097802.thumb.jpg.29f175e5c236a999a4af4927b98a413d.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Small order of prepaints came in from my favorite bayE seller.

Shemeshka's Bodyguard (future Planescape game for either the store or garage game.)

Pathfinder goblin pyro (my Pathfinder character in the bi-weekly game)

Demonfeed spider (when we return to the Saltmarsh campaign, I wanted to throw a different spider at the party. This fits the bill!)

1702535058269720791182302435635.jpg

• Like 11

Ordered a few things....

• Kotobukiya Megumi Device Asra Tamamonomae (aka "Murder Boobies" as I've taken to calling her)
  • Kotobukiya Megumi Device Asra Nine-Tails
  • Waterslide decals: Asra Tamamonomae, Asra Nine-Tails, RG RX-78, RG Z'Gok, RG Sazabi, HG Gundam "The Origin" Sets 1 and 2
  • HobbyMio Sponge Cleaning Stick with spare foam (I want to try this out for waterslide decals)
  • DSPIAE Mini Photo-Etched Parts Bender

I've had that photo etch bender on my list for a while now, so glad to finally be ordering it (doubly so with tanks and airplanes hitting the desk soonTM)

• Like 6

My Old ( 10 years old!) Asus Rog Gaming Laptop is almost dead, the videocard is acting up.

So I decided to buy this.

I will add an extra SSD soon, probably 2 TB.

Now all I need to do is figure out some stuff that's new.

For example how to turn off the alternating lights on the keyboard, I would like it to stay one colour instead of rotating colours all the time.

Schermafbeelding 2023-12-16 162955.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

A few weeks (maybe months) ago, I decided to start re-watching my Venture Brothers DVDs because I got the finale movie. Well, some of them are damaged, so I had to buy the complete series collection. Today, I'm finally sitting down to watch it after they showed up earlier this week.

1296386383763.jpg.dc767a5dceac505e63d8fb70c902a193.jpg

• Like 7

Arrived last night & even before 5 pm! Model decals from Mediamix Hobby in Singapore.

I mainly wanted the  Marlboro paint scheme sheet but I didn't just want to order 1 thing from overseas, so the rest followed.

2007 Chevy CR-6 "Badboysvette" 

Maverick's bike from the  "Top Gun" movie

2005 #3 G'zox Nissan Z

Audi A4 Quattro Super Tourenwagen Cup 1999 Abt Sportsline

1/24th scale Bridgestone tire logos (gotta love licensing BS)

Audi R8 window & side blade masking

Toyota Supra GT-LM Marlboro 

2018 Toyota TS050 Hybrid additives (decals not included in the kit or corrected -thank you aftermarket!)

Now I need to find the kits for some of these sheets (namely the Aoshima Kawasaki kit & the Audi A4 kit from Nunu models).

& yes I'm in squirrel PJ pants right now! 😛

17027519552381660477545832971056.jpg

Also included was a piece of wood (balsa I'm assuming), but it replicated the wooden board under the 2000 F1 Ferrari. Something I've been wanting to get but haven't been able to come across. Notice the circle in the wood. You punch those out & then either pin it, or paint the existing posts silver. Even thou it's on the bottom of the car, I think it'll be a nice addition to whenever I get around to building that car.

17027520997204873898370109715445.jpg

• Like 8