Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

(NSFW) Queen Shaernagathu - an ub3r show-off

Very creative project! She seems like she'll eat any children or puppies that fall in the pond. 

• Like 4

I was studying your trials and tribulations with the epoxy pours. I am excited at the possibilities but terrified of the steps.

I do love how the plants and other effects turned out in the water. It looks quite good!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Very creative project! She seems like she'll eat any children or puppies that fall in the pond. 

Thank you! Yeah, she's a nasty one, I think an evil wizard created her! :wow: 

4 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I was studying your trials and tribulations with the epoxy pours. I am excited at the possibilities but terrified of the steps.

I do love how the plants and other effects turned out in the water. It looks quite good!

I think I learned a lot, it's really about having a good tight seal around the whole thing and making sure that it's squared up nicely. My main problem was that first pour and not anticipating the hot glue going back to a liquid state from the heat of the resin reaction. I will definitely do another water base so I can enter that Massive Voodoo water basing project, something that won't be too complicated, but will be fun and another way for me to improve my skills and gain experience.

Thank you, I appreciate it! ::D: 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I think it turned out amazing, love the creativity of it all, especially the little bubbles in the back!

Thanks! The bubbles were a happy accident bwhahahah!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Thanks! The bubbles were a happy accident bwhahahah!

No no no!!! You never admit that it was an accident, you have to claim that it was all part of your brilliant plan! *shakes his head sadly* Have you learned nothing from @buglips*the*goblin about Legitimate BusinessTM?

• Like 6

She looks awesome, and the base is great!

If I can offer a bit of constructive feedback, I found the black on the base of the statue and the back of some of the terrain drew my eye away from the figure, mainly when viewed from the front.  Particularly the terrain at the front right projects quite high up the base.  And I found myself wondering why the underside of the statue had a different color than the stone of the rest of it.

Still, this is a minor quibble.  Overall, she looks deliciously villainous.

• Like 2

It took me awhile from the front to figure out what the black square was as well. It looks very good and you did a nice polish on the resin so you can see all of coral and everything clearly. Nice job!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Ai. She's not that mean. If she reads this she will be sad and sue you ... or eat.

Anyway: I really like her. Great work!

• Like 1

Great conversion!  You have to be very brave to pour resin all over your newly painted masterpiece....

• Like 2

Thanks, everyone!

7 hours ago, wdmartin said:

She looks awesome, and the base is great!

If I can offer a bit of constructive feedback, I found the black on the base of the statue and the back of some of the terrain drew my eye away from the figure, mainly when viewed from the front.  Particularly the terrain at the front right projects quite high up the base.  And I found myself wondering why the underside of the statue had a different color than the stone of the rest of it.

Still, this is a minor quibble.  Overall, she looks deliciously villainous.

6 hours ago, Pochi said:

It took me awhile from the front to figure out what the black square was as well. It looks very good and you did a nice polish on the resin so you can see all of coral and everything clearly. Nice job!

Regarding the bottom of the statue. I went back and forth on that. It was so close to the edge that I decided on black so that it would "frame" in the piece and not detract. Obviously, I erred on that, lesson learned. I'll make sure not to do that again. I appreciate the feedback. ::):

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this