2 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Wonderful paint job, but I also like your cool-blue light-box setup.  :D  What size base is that?  (25mm round?)

Thank you, sir. Yeah - I like that set up, too. Got three of them - blue, red and yellow. All three are doin' a good job :-D

The base is a 25mm steel flat washer. I tend to use washers instead of bases as I figure them to be more helpful in terms of stabilizing the figure and balancing it.

49 minutes ago, Guildenstern said:

that's awesome! love the homage

Thank you, madam. Glad you like it :-D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Green Eyed Monster
      Today marks the 76th Anniversary of what has been dubbed "The Longest Day", when the push to liberate Europe from NAZI Oppression and predation set foot on the beaches of Normandy, France.
      Please keep all the brave men [and the corp of Nurses who didn't have to but volunteered anyway] who sacrificed so much for all of us in that and the subsequent days and months.
      GEM
      Proud to be a US Navy Veteran
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      Yes! We can do it again! Let's make a tank! Let's make a beautiful tank!

Once again, it's a diorama project based on a game scene, once again, it's Combat Mission.

In this particular diorama, the commander of a Panzer III M is a reallylucky  person. In a shootout during the Let's Play of German wargaming channel "TaktikfuchsTV", his Panzer III got hit around 20-25 times, prompting everyone to believe that this particular tank was dead. And I mean ... DEAD!

But to everyone's surprise, the crew reentered the vehicle and drove away - going like:

Here's the scene:

Kauder reenters his tank (In German)

So I got me a commanders figure and a tank ...

First off, some pictures to see what this project will look like:

So I got me a Panzer III from Tamiya and started to do some minor conversions ... and over the course of one afternoon, this vehicle was finished.

I am really proud of those selfmade smoke launchers.

The vehicle will be displayed with open hatches. That's a challenge due to the really lame interior, but that's not a problem. I'll use colors to make the less detailed parts dark and the detailed parts white - I hope that will work!

Tomorrow I'll go over the armor and do the shell damages. The only thing I am not certain about is the frontal armor provided by the spare tracks.
      I don't know how those look when they are hit. They are pretty massive and I simply cannot imagine them looking the same way as a normal armor plate when hit.

I've got to dig deeper into it.
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      This thread is something ... different from other works I have been done.

I guess it's not entirely in accordance to the board rules, so you may forgive me and accept my humble bundle of roses, choclate and other stuff that will easy your severely upset minds.

When I am in the mood, I am doing so many speed builds up to the point of painting (means assembly, basing and priming), that making them all into different threads I would flood the forum with an unnecessary number of threads.

So I will keep this limited to the building process of my different tabletop figures, armies and stuff and transfer the finished figures to their respective painting threads.

What's on the table at the moment?

Watchful I Studios

28mm Chinese Army Deal (around 100 figures and equipment)

Warlord Games

56 Soviet Russians (winter) (making M into F)

Raging Heroes

Sisters of Eternal Mercy: 10x Sisters and 10 Flying Sister plus some support units

Andrea Miniatures

1x Female Warrior (upgrading her to be a Chinese Warrior Woman)

Creature Caster

1x Tree Walker

Flames of War

Fallschirmjäger-Kompanie + Support Weapons
      4x Battlefront StuG 3G
      1x Plastic Soldier Company StuG 3G

Corvus Belli

A lot of Aleph miniatures

What's done and ready to be painted?

Flames of War

1x Fallschirmjäger-Zug (9 units)
      1x Fallschirmjäger Kompanieführung (HQ) - different Units and support weapons.

Warlord Games

- 18 German Fallschirmjäger
      - 10 German Panzergrenadiere

Mantic Games:

Kings of War Succubi Regiment (20 Succubi)

CP Models:

Diana

Andrea Miniatures

1x Female Paladin
      1x Naga Warrior
      1x Gunmaid

Corvus Belli

Some Aleph miniatures

Watchful I Studios

28mm Chinese Army Deal (15 figures)
    • By Rigel
      Look at that title. Are you made of stone? You want to see exactly that thing, and brother, sister or other, THAT IS WHAT WE GOT HERE.

Painted mostly with GW contrast, reaper sample green, and some craft-store metallics. My favorite detail: the comparatively dainty holster for a big ol'  drum-fed gun.

Here's the  big fella with the rest of General Jombi's Guerilla Troops (also from Eureka, posted elsewhere):

And because I already had the camera out, here's All the Apes I Got.
    • By planetmut
      Very happy with the eyes on this one as I usually screw those up. I guess buying a 18/0 brush was a good idea. Apologies for the photo, was taken with my phone.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)