Talae Organizes His Games

Talae

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those shelves are sturdy...   

(I had to take apart my sister's shelvings when she moved out of her old house. Odds are that I'll have to reassemble them also, when she finds a new house somewhere... )    

There's a lot of 'accesories for those units, like boxes that fits snuggly into compartments, or doors. 

The Kallax is the successor to the Expedit. Internal measurements are exactly the same, The biggest change is the thickness of the outer walls. 

(IKEA uses about 1% of the world's annual wood production... They want to reduce that. )

The surfaceof the Kallax is also supposed to be slightly more scratch resistant. 

I'm slowly transferrring my stuff from old 'make do' shelves, to BILLY units with OXBERG doors. 

(Kallax was considered first, but I decided that it wasn't my cup of tea so to speak.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Those shelves are sturdy...   

(I had to take apart my sister's shelvings when she moved out of her old house. Odds are that I'll have to reassemble them also, when she finds a new house somewhere... )    

There's a lot of 'accesories for those units, like boxes that fits snuggly into compartments, or doors. 

The Kallax is the successor to the Expedit. Internal measurements are exactly the same, The biggest change is the thickness of the outer walls. 

(IKEA uses about 1% of the world's annual wood production... They want to reduce that. )

The surfaceof the Kallax is also supposed to be slightly more scratch resistant. 

I'm slowly transferrring my stuff from old 'make do' shelves, to BILLY units with OXBERG doors. 

(Kallax was considered first, but I decided that it wasn't my cup of tea so to speak.)

I bought a 5x5 Kallax yesterday since we happened to be near Ikea. I wonder if they will look good next to each or if I should put them in different parts of the room. I bought three sets of drawers and two doors for it.

• Like 1

I built the second unit and moved the old shelves out before starting the kids' bedtime routine. Here is a quick shot with a terrible angle due to the other shelves  being just out of the camera angle to the right.

20170806_192316.thumb.jpg.a8ddaedd4328430bd95d1bae62f6379f.jpg

This is proving to be an exercise similar to those slide puzzles I used to do as a kid where you move one thing so you can move something else and then you the first thing to the same spot the third thing was in.

Here is another terrible angle, but shows the current progress (with 100% more Cthulhu Wars and 100% more Bones...of which are mostly blocked from view but fill all 3 cubes on the right Plus the CAV stuff in the blue container).

20170806_211305.thumb.jpg.4f15480c73c68cce812d40b6acf9fb3b.jpg

Please that this is not a permanent setup. I am currently thinking that the Dwarven Forge terrain will join the other 2/3 of my DF terrain on the other side of the room with the RPG books and prepaints.

Also, I will be installing drawers in three of the cubbies and a door on two of them. These will house the smaller games.

It isn't perfect yet. The room is a disaster right now, and where things are specifically going to end up is unsure, but I am excited at the prospect of wonderful organization.

Any questions, suggestions, or tips are more than welcome.

• Like 10

Insomnia strikes again.

Here you can see the Bones minis on the far right and the lack of plastic drawers that were there previously. There are two units and I think that I am likely to fill them completely, even after I finish moving stuff around. 

20170806_234913.thumb.jpg.ec3b84b3022aa084457a29ea0d0cb6a0.jpg

Here you can see that I out the plastic drawers on the left to mirror this on the right. The chaos in the middle is new and needs to be tamed. It was all on the left previously with a few shelves, but I think I can make it work here.

20170806_235032.thumb.jpg.11434e4438691ef8d8d1e7d55d94d93a.jpg

The drawers are not currently all filled with Dwarven Forge, but they will be. I haven't put the last batch in with these yet. 

• Like 8