Ma'al Drakar 7 day Challenge Official Entries (no chatter)

After declaration of completion in your WIP thread, you have 2 hours to submit your official entry photos in this thread (this is to allow time for setting up of photo taking area). Up to 5 pictures per entry may be submitted.

This thread will be open for submission of completed entries until midnight CST on August 1st 2018.

Questions? Ask them here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75387-maal-drakar-7-day-goblin-contest-launch-date

For the index of WIP and Show-off threads, go here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75793-maal-drakar-7-day-challenge-index-of-threads/

Best of luck!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

electronic gift certificates processed.

if you don't see it in your inbox, check your spam, then if not found, contact me

Got it! Thank you, ladystorm and Reaper!

The gift certificate is a really generous bonus to the usual prize for doing a 7 day challenge - continued insanity! ::P:

Congratulations to @OneBoot and @Fire_Eyes and also all of you other crazies that entered! I think everyone did a fantastic job and everyone who made the attempt did something that obviously not a lot of people were willing or able to put the time and effort into! And look at all of the awesome painted dragons as a result! ^_^

I suppose I should also thank @buglips*the*goblin for putting this together, but since he nearly killed me 4 times with these challenges... <_<::P:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cursed13
      Most of these aren't up to date and I've changed bits of them here and there since these, I'll be saving those shots for the finished product, but hopefully you enjoy the journey.

• By FirstLevelFighter
      Hello, all!

I'm planning to paint Ma'al Drakar as Dungeons & Dragons' Dark Lady, Tiamat.

She's going to be, by far, my biggest painting project. Before I start painting, I'm planning some conversions to make her look more like D&D's Chromatic Dragon.

I'd love to get any advice or tips that anyone would like to share about painting large models, or any of the other parts of the process. I'll share my plans, and try to keep up a WIP thread about this grand adventure.

My first step is going to be pretty drastic, so if anyone wants to jump in with advice, please do.

I have WotC's Gargantuan Black Dragon. The forward-sweeping horns are so iconic, my Tiamat's black dragon head (Ma'al's lower right head) should have horns like that. The Gargantuan Black's a perfect scale to use for Tiamat's horns. I'm actually planning to carefully cut the horns off the black dragon, make a 2-part mold, cast a set of horns for Tiamat, and reattach the horns back on the black dragon.

Am I out of my mind? Does any one see potential problems with this plan, other than the usual challenges of casting minis, etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice, feedback, and encouragement! 
    • By Tigermanic
      Ordered Ma'al Drakar to play the role of Tiamat in my Rise of Tiamat campaign I'm currently running. (Icons of the realm Tiamat is just to small IMHO)

Having just received it in the mail I'm finally understanding the scale of the project I have Doomed myself to. Lol

I was wondering if people had tips on mold line removal for pieces this large, what you suggest for Gap filling between all the assembled pieces, should I prime before assembly, and if there is a best way (or horribly wrong way) to pin all the pieces together.
    • By 3vil3lvis
      Finally finished five faced foe.

Heads.

Wings

• By BananeDC
      Hi guys, i have just finished All the minis from Bones 3, here is my Ma'aldrakar.

• Who's Online   32 Members, 3 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)