lexomatic

Bones Large Elementals - Earth, Water, and Fire

My elementals.  I'm going to need to redo a few pics for inspiration gallery submission, but good for now. These have only been cropped, unlike most of my pics.

WIP

IMAG2777_1.thumb.jpg.97e01027b36ee030093572b3c98c7eae.jpgIMAG2778_1.thumb.jpg.0717a9596306e350139b0daa9b1820cd.jpgIMAG2779_1.thumb.jpg.662e41ed5cd7deda613b5be5d942083c.jpgIMAG2780_1.thumb.jpg.44f66ebad8c00bf096e86605fdd22c29.jpgIMAG2781_1.thumb.jpg.f73ea7b4c426bd312e598244a5430207.jpgIMAG2782_1.thumb.jpg.6e975e59b5062544a849867c5fddb300.jpg

• Like 21

I'm sad, because I discovered this is partly an auto-focus issue, partly lighting. Still, I love these pics. The fire will be difficult as I get this, or something that looks even less like the mini (these are close, but it isn't that shiny IRL).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uncas said:

These are fantastic! I'm never know what to do with my translucents, but all of these are really good. 

Translucent paints and inks with medium and a little dry-brushing for definition. It's impossible to keep stuff fully clear (unless it's the clear plastic, I'm assuming).

For the Fire Elemental, I tried to get a central column of yellow, so applied a ton of yellow ink (supposedly transparent, but...) to lighten it up. Then I went about adding oranges and reds in the shadows and at the edges.

I copied Siri (never a bad idea) for the water elemental, but used more ink, so I think it's a bit more transparent. I also think hers would look better if they were side by side.

The Earth Elemental is a great sculpt (if top/front heavy). I wish I'd found the earlier paint jobs that showed the gems earlier.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now