To break up your F5's for the Bones IV Kickstarter...

Allow me to present another installment of my Imperial Assault work.

I have been following the suggestions from the Sorastro Youtube Guides, but with Reaper Paints.

598a129971bfc_Gideon1.thumb.jpg.4ec664a7eb5a59f195921ade8afbce9b.jpg

Gideon Argus is a field general.

It took a few tries to get a skin tone I was happy with, but I am pleased now.

Not too sold on the dust effect on the jacket, but it is what it is.

C&C welcome.

598a129bc10a1_Gideon2.thumb.jpg.1ab0166b1908e4848be99baded2996da.jpg598a129ecfedc_Gideon3.thumb.jpg.b164500c9b0153236d8682b7f2e9717f.jpg598a12a0d69a4_Gideon4.thumb.jpg.f40b8256df432c5c7f0515597bd85217.jpg598a12a307a3b_Gideon5.thumb.jpg.cc0f062d2144f3785422211f752ceb85.jpg

• Like 17
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/8/2017 at 6:40 PM, Bruunwald said:

For some reason, at first I thought he was fighting with a can of beer in his right hand.

So did I, and that thought made it even better!::D:

Excellent paint job, Darcstaar!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Youngest Vixen's Boyfriend has a friend who owns the Boardgame Dark Souls.
      He asked if I would paint the minis for him.
      So here's the first batch.
      The main characters and the core troops.

I went for Tabletop Quality.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/96134-painting-dark-souls-board-games-miniatures-by-glitterwolf/page/2/#comments
      Next up wil be the big meanies..

• By Darcstaar
      I only saw one thread about crackle paste when I searched these forums.

So, I’m going to share how it’s going for me.

I started with washed and dried 1” and 2” Reaper Bases.

I put this garbage on a 2 inch base first.

Don’t buy it.  I got it at Hobby Lobby at the time because they were out of Folk Art.

To be clear, this is Crackle Medium.
      It is meant to be painted on a primed or rough surface I guess, and painted thin. I put it on kind of thick.  It didn’t crackle at all!

So, I got a tub of this stuff on Amazon.

The directions state “put over a thin layer of PVA glue.”  Pfft, who has time for that extra step?

Here is the result on a washed but otherwise un prepped set of bases.

1 inch

2 inch.

Lousy!
      So, the surface needs something for crackle paste to work right.

This is a 1” base with a thin layer of PVA glue.

This is a 1” base with just hitting it with 220 grit sandpaper and washing it again.

I also used the 2” base with dried crackle medium on it.  Not pictured.

This is a 2” base covered in black brush on primer.

Here is the result on the 2” base over dried crackle medium.  It was hard to get the stuff into a uniform layer, as the medium created a very hydrophobic surface, so the paste slides around too easy.
    • By Darcstaar
      Taking a hiatus on the Mocking Beast.
      Trying to gain some victory in numbers on my Bonesium Horde.  I have completed the beetle swarms, spider swarms, and skeletons without WIP. 

I’m going to do the goblins now.  I plan two batches: one yellow/ochre, and the other tangerine.  Some nice “non-Greenskins.”

Several of these required boiling.  Some are still leaning.  The spears are straighter.  One of these was the beneficiary of a weapon swap.  I had given Danar, Male Assassin 77030 his shield for a spiked shield.  In return, we have a dual wielding goblin!
    • By Oblong Yellow
      Hello folks! AngerSmash will be launching in Kickstarter on September 15, 2021 and you may now follow the project with this pre-launch link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/uncreatedspace/angersmash-a-game-making-fun-of-your-anger 

But before launching on Kickstarter, I wanted to get some pre-feedback on the game box design that we've come up so far. Please refer to the photo below. We'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much! 🙂 

(August 27) Edit: Just finished reading the guidelines, so far I think I might not be violating any rules, except for the gif photo that I've posted here which I've taken down and replaced with a non-moving png 🙂 If I did misunderstand the guidelines please let me know so that I don't do this again. Thank you so much! 

(August 26) Original:
      Hello folks! I'm not sure if this post is allowed and if it's not, I can remove it right away. 🙂 

Just wanted to ask for feedback on the box design of a game that I'm currently developing. Hoping to hear from y'all, most of you guys are pretty experienced in board/card games. Thanks so much! 🙂 

Gonna leave the Kickstarter project page link here as well as the Instagram link
      AngerSmash | A Game Making Fun of Your Anger
      https://www.instagram.com/howamiweirdgames/

• By Darcstaar
      This one is next in line.  He needs a better base.  

This is a standard Reaper 1 inch base.  And a sheet of embossed styrene cobblestone, for model railroading.  I superglued it on, trimmed around it with an X-Acto, then sanded it down to 800 grit.  Any gap left is going to get the Brush On Sealer treatment to deal with the seam.  After this I just superglued the Mocking Beast on.  No pin.
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)