Here is another of my Imperial Assault figures.
IG-88.  I followed the Sorastro guide, which involved drybrushing, washes, drybrushing, etc.  4 or 5 cycles.

Then painting on some forced highlights, then a blue wash on one side and a red one on the other.

This was fast, and a little sloppy.  But fast.

C&C Welcome.

598a13c7ae224_IG88A.thumb.jpg.084008c45d27e5c073269a944ef7acd3.jpg598a13c991c6f_IG88B.thumb.jpg.c6277ad0ad154dd393633ffb908a2289.jpg598a13cbc0571_IG88C.thumb.jpg.0000784f5691ef7ebb93f8c2e3ea67b1.jpg598a13cdde47d_IG88D.thumb.jpg.d561e5a24c8376177feddad1bfaf1697.jpg

• Like 21

Great piece! I especially love the goldish-copperish tint that you have added to the notorious self-aware assasin droid we all love! 

Not to be nit-picky but the gun could have been slightly darker perhaps? Still awesome paint job..

Good hunting sir!

Thank you.

@VolksFest Thank You for the comments.  I agree the gun could be darker.  This model was different from others in that the whole base coat was metallic, then washes, then drybrushing to pick up raised edges.  That meant tha gun was darkened with Nuln Oil (blackish wash) to make the gun look different than the droid.  I could have done some more darkening to the gun with extra washes after dry brushing.  It's a little lighter in the pictures than in hand, and I was OK with it, and was really not in love painting it, and just wanted to move on.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By maphatter
      The latest MODULAR DIGITAL BATTLEMAP expansion seeks to take the Meanderverse back in time and underwater to the glory days of this technological legend some say was a paradise - others a ferocious war machine. Dock at the Port, stroll through the Atlantean Water Gardens and explore the alien wonder of this mystical city on dry land - and then again after a cataclysm sinks it beneath the waves. Preview the campaign HERE. Launches July 21st on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-5-rpg-modular-digital-battlemaps-atlantis

• By Werkrobotwerk
      I chopped up a legless t800, an ashigaru head, a veritech, some deadzone arms, and soviet legs, and got this odd robot. 

• By Darcstaar
      Here was my entry for the 16th quarterly  Reaper Facebook Contest.  I was honored to receive an honorable mention.  There were dozens of fantastic entries.  

I wanted to try a white dragon coloration.  I have Deathsleet in my queue, so this is a test run.  His scales are Dragon White.  The ventral surfaces are more of a bone color with Creamy Ivory and Linen White, with Sepia Wash.

His dagger is a green NMM.  His eyes are gem-like, not lizard pupils.  The skirt completes the “triangle of interest” green color.  I rebased him on a Micro Arts 30mm Sewer base.

I had a lot of fun with this one.  I wanted to keep him as a rogue, so I chose a dagger and loot bag from his hand choices.  I also painted his armor as leather with some gold NMM.

Enjoy.
    • By thefub
      This is my first "speed paint". I estimate around 2 hours per mini. The sculpts are hit or miss but I think they did a good job with the faces. I learned a bit about speed painting and what I could possibly get away with. I used Uniform Gray primer, a minimal pallet, Quickshade Strong Tone, and added a a bit to a few bases.

The gray primer I left for anything that was steel and I like the end result. I am working in the Generals (bad guys) now. Most of their sculpts are not that good but the dragon looks pretty good. I will continue with the expansion sets after the base game is painted.

Sorry for the double post.
    • By Darcstaar
      Here is the big boss of the Bones I Orc Warband.  With all of these Orcs they are shadowed with a purple color.  I added some green freckles/sun spots for a little interest.

For his shield trophies, I included some skin tones and hair colors that could represent elf, dwarf, human, goblin and undead.  The wood planks and boards on the shield are freehand.  Kavorgh got a little extra love with the bloodstain on the axe.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93235-darcstaar-vs-bones-i-ep-12-orcpocalypse/

And the group shot.  Enjoy.
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)