Minis you would like to see

Darkrelease

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would "Run Like H---"-Pink Floyd.

Having painted a couple of Reaper's hellhounds last week, and the dire boar, I love love to see Jason Weibe sequestered until a "dire zoo" was fully stocked. Something similar to the beast in "Brotherhood of the Wolf' would also be appreciated.

<font color='#000000'>Scholarly wizards-A male and female with glasses reading a book. Both should be young (no beard on the male) and look like librarians. That would be great.

Female samurai! The male samurai are gong to be used in an upcoming OA adventure, however, the women players in our group need figs for their samurai charecters. Wearing armor and wielding katana and naginata.</font>

There´s already a very nice female samurai: Shiba Tsukune from the Clan War range. Have a look at the Clan War releases.

what does "dire" mean in game terms.

I know that in the d20 game this is supposed to imply some specific game-ability change, but I have no idea what the change(s) is(are) supposed to be.

Well, using deductive reasoning here, anytime in the campaign I am in the DM throws a Dire rat or a Dire wolf at us we tend to start putting on armor if we haven't already done so. Dire in reference to animals at least usually means that your regular animal is instead big, mean, and nasty, and has the ability to greatly injure if not kill you. The Dire rat for example, take a regular rat, make it the size of a dog, add fangs and a nasty attitude and you have a dire rat.

The Dire rat for example, take a regular rat, make it the size of a dog, add fangs and a nasty attitude and you have a dire rat.

Neu Yorkus Maximus

Ye, Dire animals are meaner, stronger... almost prehistoric and have little to no fear of man. The D&D Dire animals tend have horns and bone ridges to be 3E bodyspike compliant. MM35_PG63.jpg

Just a side note regarding 'dire' animals...some 16,000 years ago a real creature called the Dire Wolf (canis dirus) existed. It weighed from 125-175 pounds and is the largest known canine. It was much more robust then the gray wolf, with substantially larger teeth and shorter legs.

I'm guessing D&D Dire animals are based in name on this fellow.

That's interesting Bill, quite possible since Gygax did make up a lot of monsters from a bag of plastic prehistoric animals (Bullette, Rust Monster - have I mentioned I want a Rust Monster mini).

Frank, I never noticed the "bodyspikes" on that picture until you said that...

That's interesting Bill, quite possible since Gygax did make up a lot of monsters from a bag of plastic prehistoric animals (Bullette, Rust Monster - have I mentioned I want a Rust Monster mini).

Frank, I never noticed the "bodyspikes" on that picture until you said that...

how could you have a rust monster mini? Unless it was plastic I guess.... ^_^