Minis you would like to see

Darkrelease

I'm guessing D&D Dire animals are based in name on this fellow

My bet is the inspiration goes even beyond that. It seems many mammal predecessors were of the giant variety. I believe they just discovered the remains of a giant buffalo of some sort in south america. Everyone is familiar with the Wooly Mammoth. The Sabretooth tiger was a larger predator as well.

I use them quite a bit in my D&D campaign, usually for more special encounters sort of liek legnedary animals. they are sort of a good medium between low level encounters and high level encounters. I'd love to see more dire animals, especially the big ones! A good Dire Bear would really be cool!

Have I menitoned Gnolls yet?

I am happy to see that Reaper started doing D&D "wannabe" monsters a while back. They've done some pretty cool stuff I never thought to see in metal. The cockatrice for example! I'd still like to see a more classical looking beholder, the latest model to come out is ok but could be better.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when I got my first Hamster and we were on our way home I was holding him. Periodically he would try to climb out of my hand and I would have to squeeze a little harder and his eyes would bug out!!! honest to god his little black eyes would pop right out of his head. I wasn't squeezing him that hard and it certainly didn't seem to be bothering him much but it looked wierd.

I'm not sure if that's stuffed or not...

I picked up that pic on the web for someone to use as their avatar, but they passed on it (went "Kitty in a Glass" instead). Just never took it off my webspace and I happened to notice it earlier today and then Bill brought up Hamsters and viola'! Instant Dire Hamster!