Minis you would like to see

Darkrelease

Hehe yeah, I am selling some stuff on ebay, and will be for a while. Thanks for the tip on the foundry orcs but I actually prefer the newer style orcs from GW, done by that Brian Nielson (i think that is his name). I actually hate the older style comical orcs which the Foundry ones are similar too because it is same sculpter, (Kevin something). The newer ones look nice and viscious like I imagine orcs to be, not comical.

I think orcs are the only reaper models I dont like, the reaper ones are too wimpy (dark heaven ones that is, not warlord) but like I said some of the newer orcs and all the half orcs make surperb hobgoblins.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you see, I don't like the GW orcs at all (heads too big!), have almost all of the DHL orcs (they rock!), and think the Warlord orcs look goofy (ugh, 1st edition D&Dish pig-orcs)....well, between us we're buying one of every orc, so I guess Reaper can be happy with that.

GW's Uruk-Hai are REALLY nice looking orcs.  Mean and evil looking, like they're supposed to be.  $20 for 20 (plastic) orcs sounds like a good deal to me.

As for what I'd like: I have a personal dislike for all these heros running around wearing helmets with horns or wings on them.  Especialy dwarfs.  They live underground.  Why would they want something on them that would scrape the ceiling? Vikings didn't put horns on their hemls either.  That comes from Wagner's operas.

Also, how about some fighter types armed like players would arm them.  Does anyone play a D&D character that uses a shield? Just about everyone I know plays two weapon weilding death masters.  Also, leather or no armor.  That takes away from the 20 dex.  When you've got stats like that, armor is more a hinderance than anything.

Finally (for the moment anyway) I'd like an evil fighter (or mage or anything for that matter) that doesn't have skulls all over everything.  Not all evil doers stomp around announcing their intentions to commit evil upon the land.  Lord Soth from the DrangonLance setting was the Knight of the Black Rose, not the Knight of the Burnt Skull.

I suppose that's enough ranting for the nonce.   :;):

Character: sort of like the dwarf brewers scene /mini

A Samurai, sitting in the seiza position (legs drawn up under the body so that one is actually sitting on one's heels)  wakizashi in hand, about to commit Seppuku. A sanbo (an unlacquered wooden table) nearby, with a sake cup, a sheaf of washi (paper handmade from mulberry bark) and writing accoutrements on it.

His second standing behind him, katana in hand,  on the same base like brewmeiser.

another page on seppuku

Reaper Sahaguin?  This was in the isle of discontinued minis:

2133.jpg  

I actually own a few this one, for use as that very thing... although I wish there was a version fully "out of the water"...

As for what I'd like to see?

Monster: Aboleth or more Mind Flayers or any other big baddie type monsters.  Never enough of 'em. :D

Character: Distinctly gnomish minis of other than the wizards.  There's a halfing or two that *might* do, but they don't look like gnomes to me.  I'd really love to see one done up like a Breachgnome from Races of Faerun.   :love:

*Raven/Crow

Now reaper is selling 4 sets of familiar packs. Still, there is no Raven/Crow mini though they are very popular among D&D players.

*Paladin, Mounted and on Foot.

Every Paladin players want such a set. It is better if the mount and the rider can be separated. Sometimes, the mount go alone.

*More Character minis with Polearms!

I know it is somewhat difficult to throw a long pole in a blister. But I want them. Especially, a dwarf with a poleaxe! Do you remember old Lost Worlds game?

Also, how about some fighter types armed like players would arm them.  Does anyone play a D&D character that uses a shield? Just about everyone I know plays two weapon weilding death masters.  Also, leather or no armor.  That takes away from the 20 dex.  When you've got stats like that, armor is more a hinderance than anything.

Umm...

Actually, my group and I use sheilds.  A good defense is a good offense, no?  And it's not like magical armor is just lying around everywere.

Oh and bucklers.  Lot's of bucklers.  What's that?  A plus to AC and you can still use a small or medium weapon with that arm?  Why not then?

Isn't this a popular item for players?

Leather or no armor?  20 dex?  Wha?!!!!

You make it sound as if nearly every fighter or just about anyone has 20 dex.

I thought most players would like a high AC and use chainmail a lot since it's the highest AC without lowering your max speed with a reasonable dex modifier.  

If anything, have Talin draw up a few more characters wearing chainmail and can still look cool.

Did anyone catch that Knights of the Dinner Table where they wanted to get a one legged dwarf for Bob, so they kept calling the Hackmaster company using different voices, requesting the figure a few hundred times until they had so many requests for it that it went into production.

Why does that issue pop in my head everytime I want a certain fig made?

haha...

So that's why there's so many newbie icons poping up everywere on this board...

:P

Well, my request would be (in desending order):

Klocke -wild elves

Klocke -aquatic elves

More low level looking characters, including more young wizards.

Bards who are "inspiring in battle" with easy conversion possibilities.

More variety of characters wearing chainmail and still look cool.

Re-release the clan war minis to satisfy those requests for samurai/ninja minis.

More undead hunting clerics/fighters!  (bah, just cause I love'm)

:)

More shield/weapons pack.  

Half dragons (more on the humoid side)

More celestials.

More half orcs.  (I don't think there's enough minis for players to choose from.)

Multiple comments I suppose:

On orcs:  The reaper ones rock.  Pure and simmple, they are nicely sculped, look vicious, not comical (like GW) and they are actually what got me sticking my head over here in teh first place...

Figures I'd like to see:  Dwarves with Halberds/Poleaxes and Dwarves with pistols and preferably not by Olley (just a personal preference).  I'm trying to do some conversions to get these figs working and it's bloody hard to find parts to make it work without selling arms,legs and soul.

Secondly... none of this two swords nonsense.  Try fighting with it some time... it is incredibly difficult, it looks cool, but 90% of the time your head comes off first.  And the shield is a perfectly good second weapon... how would you like 5 kilos of laminated wood and steel in your face... mmmm... tasty.

On this two weapon thing... Dwarf with axe and shield with pistols in his belt (GW has some of these but they are OOP and e-bay expensive...)

My toonies worth