Minis you would like to see

Darkrelease

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see more swashbuckler-rogue-pirate and lightly armored types, particularly female ones.

I have to say I think Reaper is getting better by leaps and bounds all the time. Some of the newer figures are so distinctive, like Piers, Jolie, and the Ice Queen... I hope Reaper keeps pushing through unique figures like that.

Of course, what I'd really love to see is a resculpt of Maria Roseblade... :wub:

Well, i don't really have the street cred around here, but from what I have seen, I have noticed that there is not a ton of variety.

Before you roll your eyes, what I mean by that is for example monsters... I have only seen about a dozen or so monsters, now I might get 10 different poses for that monster (ex. zombie, orc, werebeasts, etc..) but still just the dozen or so monsters.

Then second item would be poses. I wouldnt go so far as to say I'd like to see more dynamic poses, but rather more useable poses. Many of the minis (especialy the women) are currently posed like they are trying to seduce a camera-man. Give me more active poses that would be seen in a diorama or even the table top. (I don't see many women beating a monster by trying to charm it).

Don't get me wrong, I have seen lots of great sculpts from Reaper. Just giving my observations as an outsider.

Give me more active poses that would be seen in a diorama or even the table top.  (I don't see many women beating a monster by trying to charm it).

Well I do not know what you mean by active but many "actively posed" minis from reapers are sword-held-90-degree-shield-up-face-screaming. They don't have enough fluidity...they look like..well scupts. An exception to that is W.K Prince Danithal which is an awesome sculpt.

I am comparing Reaper with Confrontation and I have to say Reaper lose miserable pose-wise (in my opinion)

Women not only in more dynamic poses, but in varying armor instead of dresses or chain/plate. Give me some leather armor, studded leather (and no thongs, please) and a variety of weapons.

And the aquatic beings are very scarce. I'd love to see some sea-faring creatures and humanoids to throw at Razig and his crew.