Minis you would like to see

Darkrelease

I've talked to Kit via PM at like 8PM! Where else can you do that?

I wanted to comment about this line of Spartan's.

Oh - and Spartan - You can good-naturedly poke fun at my nefsokar. It won't change the fact that you will lose! :devil:

Brian, the only reason I wasn't talking to you is that I didn't know you had IM. It was a "Kit" problem anyway bro. And it was the board PM.

I wouldn't have even been talking to him if he wasn't working on a fix for something. I mean I like the guy but we're not all palsy or anything. ::): I'm not arrogant enough to claim Kit as a " close personal friend". ::):

As for the poking fun at the Nefsokar... I think you have the wrong idea Brian. I've never poked fun at the Nefsokar. They're a cool army. I just poke fun at you. ::):::P:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I would change is the brocolli bases as well. I am happy they went with slotta bases with warlord, now make the big change :) I agree also with the poster on more historically inspired fantasy models. I love the vikings you already have, add some more!

One thing - and I'll say this once - is that if you haven't ever sculpted a mini, you really shouldn't complain too much til you have "sculpted" a mile in the sculptors shoes.

Amen!

Jester I agree whole heartedly I tried messing around with the green stuff and it is a very difficult medium in which to work with.

The only thing I dislike (and this is minor) are those broccoli bases but this is easily remedied.

Does it mean I have to like it and shut up just because I can't sculpt? That sounds communist.

Incidentally, I hope this board won't become a place where one can't give feedbacks without being blasted away as a party-pooper. (i.e WoTC boards.)

EDIT: oops, Jenova already took care of that one and she offered a better argument :)

The only thing I would change is the brocolli bases as well. I am happy they went with slotta bases with warlord, now make the big change :) I agree also with the poster on more historically inspired fantasy models. I love the vikings you already have, add some more!

You know, I would agree about the broccoli bases, but I have gotten used to cutting them off, and clipping them up to use as paint agitators. Even still, I do prefer just normal slottabases.

You know, I would agree about the broccoli bases, but I have gotten used to cutting them off, and clipping them up to use as paint agitators. Even still, I do prefer just normal slottabases.

Well you know, I just bought Female Assassin by W. Klorke. Amazing sculpt but i'm still working on removing the broco base with my xacto saw (don't have a dremel) and it's been a week :(

I pretty much do the same, Gabe.

I've used a dremel to sand the base off before, and it makes a mess.  I few minutes with the nippers, and it's pretty much done..

Ok gotta get a real nippers, I've been using my friend's nail clipper but the head is a little too small. :wacko:

I agree about more monster species variety.

I'd also love to see more effort put into 28mm Sci-Fi. Yes, I know that the Warlord launch is imminent and I know that CAV 2.0 and reapergames.com are next on the docket, but people who play sci-fi rpgs (myself included) are practically screaming for a somewhat generic line of science fiction miniatures.

If we could get some generically named versions of the alien species from D20 Future, it would kick a great deal of heinie. ::D:

A looong time ago I wasn't sure about the Reaper minis BUT now they have reached a pleatue of perfection. The perfect sculpts, a great price, and the best damn staff and service I've seen with any company. If Reaper is doing something wrong they had better not change.

And more monsters? I have no idea what you're talking about they have everything I've ever looked for and more.

...DELETED!

Hmm, suggestions for reaper... Please, take all these with a grain of salt, I have no serious complaints at all. (This list brought to you with the help of smilies)

1) They should publish a magazine other than casket works or expand casket works to include more articles about painting, sculpting, etc.

2) They should release more figs! Faster!

3) Better Swag.

4) Move ReaperCon to the midwest so I can go. Or at least show up at Gencon.... :grr:

5) Offer specials and limited editions to your loyal fans.

6) Have nice painted pictures of your minis easily available for viewing. I think people love confrontation minis because they're painted to such an amazing standard. Seeing what a mini can look like plays a big decision in what to buy for a lot of people. But then again, I can buy 2 or 3 Reaper minis for the price of 1 confrontation, so.....

Anyways, when I first started painting minis, I focused a lot of GW, then Reaper, then Confrontation, and now lesser known companies to try to find something different from the norm. However, Reaper's minis are really coming back to the front as my favorites, so no real complaints from me.

Honestly, I am quite happy with the product that is being produced. If I wasn't, I probably would not be logging on here, or buying Reaper minis, and cursing for a new car payment cutting into my ability to buy new ones.

And I have enough faith in the company for them to be able to look at what figures are selling the best, and then looking at what makes these minis more popular. Then going back to the sculptors they have chained up there and letting them know...make this or no gruel for you. Or something like that <grin> I don't know, I haven't had enough coffee yet.

The base discussion was already addressed a few months back:

Broccoli vs Slotted Bases

Please don't go all crazy with multiple piece figures. As much as it would make some poses easier, I really hate assembling them, it just adds more time to getting a mini finished, when I don't have a ton of time to paint as it is. Or I have a tendency to lose an arm or a bow in my giant box of metal to be painted. I have several amputee archers. They do not make a very fear inspiring army.

1) They should publish a magazine other than casket works or expand casket works to include more articles about painting, sculpting, etc.

With the addition of a subscription to CasketWorks, I believe they are thinking about including more articles. The last one (#15) was an oddity in that it had very few articles and that's probably because they were so busy with ReaperCon.

2) They should release more figs!  Faster!

They release as quickly as they can. It takes a while to make a good mold of the green (once the green is approved) and then get enough into production for selling as well as keeping stock of the other minis.

3) Better Swag.

At least you get something for saving the POPs. Most companies don't offer this. I, for one, am glad they have this option. The t-shirts are good quality as are the hats. Remember, the Swag is pretty much money out of their pocket. If you're looking for minis in the Swag, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd look more for things like dice bags with the Reaper Logo or Sophie on them, or book covers.

4) Move ReaperCon to the midwest so I can go.  Or at least show up at Gencon.... :grr:

They didn't show up at GenCon this year due to many constraints, one of them budget. This was brought up in another thread already. As for ReaperCon, they held it at their own facilities, which makes it less expensive for them to hold it. Some people did make it (and Leech came all the way from the UK). I didn't make it and I'm only 400 miles away in Austin (of course, that my doctor wouldn't let me was another reason). Just save for the next one!

5) Offer specials and limited editions to your loyal fans.

They do offer things for their loyal fans. ReaperCon and the Painting Conference are two right off the bat. Limited Editions such as Dragons Don't Share, among other things. We're among the very lucky in that the ReaperPeeps actually USE their forums to get feedback (which is how we got the young mage among other sculpts) and to pass along information. Vaitalla (Anne Foerster) is always on here giving painting advice, and Kit is working diligently on getting reapergames.com up and going.

6) Have nice painted pictures of your minis easily available for viewing.  I think people love confrontation minis because they're painted to such an amazing standard.  Seeing what a mini can look like plays a big decision in what to buy for a lot of people.  But then again, I can buy 2 or 3 Reaper minis for the price of 1 confrontation, so.....

Check out www.reapermini.com. There's a gallery under the Models section of painted minis. Anne Foerster, Jen Haley, Lilliana Troy, and others are working very hard and as fast as they can to get minis added to the gallery.

I'll address these as I can. Remember, I do not in any way speak for Reaper proper, but being the FanGirl I am, here's my take on them:

Okay..there is one thing I think is silly.

When I order from the Boneyard I get the parts in a little plastic baggy stapled to a mini package backing. That's fine, no problem there.

Here's what I think is silly. The swag points are cut off the backing, which I understand, but then I get a $2.00 copy of Casketworks in the box?

Just seems sort of silly to me. ::):

I'm fine with not getting a CW with a Boneyard order. ::):

Don't get me wrong. If anything my "what I'd like from Reaper" list amounts to specific instructions to them on how to more efficiently extract money from my bank account. It's not like I'm takiong my business elsewhere. Probably 85% of the minis I buy come from Reaper.