Minis you would like to see

Darkrelease

Bears, people we need more bears and mounted knights. A larger variey of monsters would also be cool.

Bears Bears Bears,

Dire Bears,

Momma Grissley w/ cub

Dire Bears w/ misc human body parts like a loose foot or hand. The human parts would be loose and glues on the base as the "left overs" of whatever human the Dire Bear just killed

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like some rare monsters that may never get to use, but hey, they'd be fun to paint...and since I hate the new plastic WotC D&D minis, might as well name them here...

1) a tarrasque miniature

2) rust monster mini (this I would use)

3) froghemoth

4) a dragon similar to Borys, the Dragon of Tyr on Athas (Darksun)

( http://members.cox.net/dragons_sanctum/Borys.jpg )

5) A properly scaled Demogorgon would have been nice (the one reaper has is NOT scaled right, it should be about 1 character height taller...since the balor they made (they called it fire demon), is about twice the height of a person (12 ft tall)..Demo is supposed to be 18 ft, but demo and the balor are the same height!

6) dracolisk

7) a HUGE tiamat (ie. the 5 headed dragon)

8) a better looking hydra (I really haven't seen any good hydra models around....looking for a traditional D&D style, with a large dragon like body without the surface rivets that the reaper one has)..and don't even try suggesting the GW Dark Elf one...that one's gay!

9) modrons! :P

10) tons of stuff :P

Sanjay

Hippogriphs! More Kobolds would be cool, (I only have 13 or so so far and that includes duplicates.) More goblins then would make sense, Hippogriph in a nice standing position, maybe even a baby hippogriph! After all we ahve baby unicorn and pegasus!, more gnolls, ( I am really trying to work on my humaniod monsters), some cool giant lizards would be fun, an Alacorn (unicorn with wings), a Rakshasa (?), more female dwarves, hippogriph, some nice sized dogs to use for war dogs (Dobie style, Irish wolf hound the big guys) a Hippocampus would be cool! So would some merfolk! sea elves, after all we have pirates, need see folk to go with our high seas adventures! (And a hippogriph)

LT

IVY CROWN ARCHERS CRUSADER HEAVY CAVALRY

Ad nauseum.... :lol:

The hippocampus was a fabled sea animal from Greek mythology. It was found in classical myth. It resembles a horse with the hind parts of a fish or dolphin. The chariot of Poseidon was drawn by a hippocampus. The name comes from the Greek hippos, horse; and kampos, sea monster.

ccampus.jpg

A scetch I found on the web by someone. ONe of the various "concepts' of what one looks like. there was also a picture in an old Dragon magazin and they used to be listed in the original MM from 1st ed. Got a picture of that somewhere.

LT

Nope,it is not just a part of the brain! The picture above is small and pathetic looking (best I could find with out driving myself nuts!) But it was/is an actual creature of Myth. Here's a prettty cool sculpture someone did, but I bet it comes out as a small picture too! :lol:

pmax_6240.jpg

LT

I was always a greek Myth buff when growing up. Couldn't get enough of it. plus, being a horse addict...I am fairly familair with a lot of Mythical horse variations. And like I said, it was in the first ed. MM. I even made a clay one based on the picture in the book back in 6th grade! It was pretty cool.

LT

I'm pretty sure it's in the 2nd Edition Hardbound Monstrous Compendium as well.

Yeah, also a huge mythology geek. It's how I passed college Latin. We had to translate Ovid's Metamorpheses. How easy it was to make translations when I had recognized all the myths ::D: