Minis you would like to see

Darkrelease

Heh heh, did a doublr take for about a second, then I remember a group of crows is called a murder, just like a group of hawks/raptors is a kettle!

Ha! I may add paint a bloodstain on a sword every now and again, but a murder scene really isn't something I'm interested in knocking together.

I came up with more miniatures I'd like to see. I'm brainstorming. Some of these suggestions may be just a bit out, but I'm having a ball trying to come up with ideas that haven't been done to death.

Merfolk. Mermen and mermaids, either in the water or in the classic "perched on the rocks" pose. Warrior merfolk in shell armor with coral weapons, a mermaid bard (siren), and a merfolk sorcerer with a giant pearl instead of a crystal ball would be great! I saw lots of requests for sahuagin miniatures, and these models would be a great counter for them.

I'd like to see a wasp to go along with the spiders and the monstrous beetle. Actually, I'd like to see a wasp sculpted in 1:1 scale, which would be a fantastic size for a 25mm "giant" wasp.

I'd also like to see a pack of "spell effects", designed as add-ons for other figures, or as stand alone pieces on their own bases. A corkscrewing fireball trailing flames, a forking lightning bolt, "magic missile"-style energy bolts. I remember an old Grenadier(?) wizard which was sculpted with a boiling cloud over his head. There was a giant hand and a demonic head included in the set, both of which fit into a hollow in the cloud as if the wizard was conjuring or summoning something. The figure could be customized with one or the other. That was one of the most inventive minis I've ever seen. This might be more difficult to pull off, but a ring of flames or floating runes to represent a summoning portal would be sweet. Other minis could be added as if they were stepping through or being called up by a spellcaster.

I know Reaper is set up for metal miniatures, and I don't know anything about the effort involved in retooling for resin casting, but Ral Partha put out a set of transparent resin elementals I always thought were cool. Elementals, invisible characters, incorporeal undead, and the spell effects pack I suggested would be great candidates for transparent resin figures.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is just a "wish" list and since I wouldn't know how much this would cost. I would like to see a miniature of a Dwarf, not so fast sports fans, a lifesize casting of a dwarf. I guess that would preclude the title miniature but what the heck.

Hmmm I can see it now a pair of dwarves on the front steps waiting for me to paint them. I wonder if Glidden makes acrylics. ::D:

I could see a monkey in a Familiar pack.  I would buy that.

Familliar Pack IV has a mokey. ::): ... and I believe it was said that there is a second mokey (wearing a fez) in the Halloween Familliar pack coming out in October

I agree with Lars ... I think that more elven wizards would be a good thing.

I believe I asked for this before, but I still think that even though there have been 2 (plain) cats released in the familliar packs, there should be some that are more in scale with the other familliars. The current ones are smaller than the squirrel. I'm not saying make them in scale with the squirrel, 'cause it's a big squirrel, but you know.

The crows are another good idea.

Some adventurers who were caught unawares by a random encounter, perhaps packaged together -- A halfling sitting up out of a sleeping bag, a look of surprise and fear on his/her face; A dwarf half-finished trimming his beard; a fighter wearing nothing but trousers, his boots and armor piled on the ground (a separate piece); a thief clutching a chicken drumstick in his teeth as he prepares to fight with twin daggers; an elf archer sitting on a stump, restringing his bow; a wizard soaking his feet in a bowl of water and herbs -- that sort of thing.

There was a semi-controversial Dragon Magazine cover back in the day, of a moon-gazing woman kneeling, and reaching up with her arms. She was only wearing a thin veil over her body, and nothing else.

Some variety on the poses like that might make things more interesting. A priest with one arm raised straight up to display a holy symbol, and pointing forward with his other hand could be very cool.

A blind warrior (with blindfold, or otherwise closed eyelids maybe? and head turned characteristically sideways) might also be something unique and interesting to portray in a figure.

I'd like to see more "flying" figs. Figs that look like the individual is off the ground somewhat. The same holds true for monsters. A little extra effort in getting a strong pose would help keep things from feeling too "familiar" to old figs that we've already seen a dozen times in the past. I think Reaper could really afford to stretch their legs in this regard.

Magnificent Egos miniatures makes some of these kinds of things, but they have rather high prices.

Really? I'd love to see them. D'you have a link?

Paging through my Monster Manual yielded some more potential models I'd love to see hanging on the pegs. All with that 'Reaper' touch so they wouldn't mess with copyright or intellectual property legal. Here they are:

blink dogs: a two-pack, perhaps designed after Australian dingos.

doppelganger: a slender, almost-featureless, skulking figure.

dryad: slender, angular limbs, and leaves in her hair (or in place of hair). This one has been mentioned before, but I think she's worth mentioning again.

harpy: cruel, hag-faced, skinny arms with wicked claws and talons, and feathered wings.

medusa: I've seen the green, but does anyone when the mini is due out?

shadow mastiff: a big, muscular dog, but smooth, sleek, and evil-looking.

There was a semi-controversial Dragon Magazine cover back in the day, of a moon-gazing woman kneeling, and reaching up with her arms. She was only wearing a thin veil over her body, and nothing else.

I got that Magazine still! It had the witch class in it, which is why I kept it. And strangely I was thinking the other day that a pose like that would be uber cool. She could be worshiping a hippocampus! :lol: (Bet you thought I wouldn't work that in!)

I'd like to second the request for some mermaids and sirens. These come up all the time in my games, and if we have (lovely, I might add) angels and fairies, why not mermaids?
And merfolk can always use a hippocampus or two! After all they need mounts to ride too!

LT