Minis you would like to see

Darkrelease

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More Half Orcs and Orcs would be nice though (one with a double axe)...

I could field an army of half-orc fighters from the D&D line. I have quite a selection of Krusks too.

For Reaper to have a few more half-orcs, that would be fine. Thankfully, I can pick and choose what I need from Reaper. For D&D, no thanks. Whereas I may wish to field a horde of orcs or goblins, I really have no use for an entire band of half-orcs. Then again, my main interest in those minis is as NPCs for encounters since I really don't have the time or inclination to paint large groups of every monster PCs will encounter.

As a side note, I've never really cared for half-orcs as PCs, but to each their own. It also seems that they are treated inappropriately in games. Either no one notices them and they are treated the same as humans or every NPC overreacts and treats thems like the most vile monsters on the face of the planet. Therefore, I have never gotten a fantasy 'feel' for the half-orc as a race, whereas the elves and dwarves have a more more developed culture and personality. Who is the half-orc? I understand that every PC is unique in their own way, but I don't want a race that has no identity and are really just ugly humans.

...I really have no use for an entire band of half-orcs.

I have no use for a horde of them either, but a Half Orc with an Orc Double Axe would be nice for a nasty bad guy NPC (beyond mentioning the Half Orc Monk available in that line, my post is not about them).

And some people DO play Half Orcs as PCs, which is a big reason why people buy Reaper miniatures (even if us DMs buy a ton of monsters).

Half Orcs get ignored just like Drow PCs get ignored. If you actually make a point about noticing it in your campaign (beyond overreacting), the player complains about it.

Not many people play Half Orcs because they are horrible mechanics wise though. The stat adjustments should really be evened out, even if you make a subrace A (+2 Strength, -2 Wisdom) and a subrace B (+2 Strength, -2 Charisma).

Not many people play Half Orcs because they are horrible mechanics wise though. The stat adjustments should really be evened out, even if you make a subrace A (+2 Strength, -2 Wisdom) and a subrace B (+2 Strength, -2 Charisma).

Personally, I will take the human benefit of one extra feat, 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point each subsequent level over +2 STR. That really just equates to +1 hit and damage. Great and 1st level, not very significant later, especially when your magic items may compensate for that. A feat is always useful, especially if it allows you earlier access to another feat or prestige class and the skill point increases scales with you so it is never 'obsolete'.

'Scaling' is a benefit that really should exist more in game. That is why I never take feats to get bonuses to skills. Alertness is great at low levels, but it isvery insignificant above 10th level to have a whopping +2 to a couple skill checks. At this point, the feat would have been better off somewhere else. Its really about diminishing returns.

Hey,

I'm new and the main reason I did was to try and submit a few of my own ideas for miniatures.

LOW AND BEHOLD!

The First subject I see is that very topic.

Right on.

SO anyway I would like to add my choices for minis to come out.

Characters:

-Man, give me some old bundles of archers for castle scenes. What kind of castle defenses can you have without archers or crossbowmen.

-I would love to see more Drow getting done. If they have I haven't seen them. If anyone has seen any new Drow mini's PM me and let me know where I can score some.

Monsters:

-I have three words. Terrasque, Terrasque,Terrasque!

-I would like to see more diverse skeletons as well.

-Hook us up with some Xorns and maybe some better sculpted Naga's.

Animals:

-Definitely more animals some dogs, maybe some wilderness animals like antelopes or hunting cats or something.

Let me know what you all think about my suggestions.

Joe

Animals:

-Definitely more animals some dogs, maybe some wilderness animals like antelopes or hunting cats or something.

I'd like more animals. First, any animal that could be a Druid or Rangers animal companion.

Second, D&D 3.5 allows druids to spontaneously cast the 'Summon Natures Ally' series. Any animals that could be summoned with that spell would be useful to own.

Personally, I will take the human benefit of one extra feat, 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point each subsequent level over +2 STR.

As would I most of the time. My point was that the two -2 stats definitely DO NOT equal the +2 Strength. Not every feat scales though and some classes need the +1 skill point more than others...

As for animals, I want more that you can't find in the plastic kiddie toy bins.